IGNORED

Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

I'm finding dash attack is the best thing to do in the game. 

If I get the right upgrades I can blast through it in no time. I beat the game in 20 mins using the sword. The upgrades made it a piece of piss. 

Need to finish the game with the rail gun and the shield. Those are my least favourites. 

Just now, Cosmic_Guru said:

I done it :slowclap:.  With the sword using level 11 blade dash and not a lot else to be honest, would have failed if not for getting all lives back though.  Probably about the 50th run  and with God mode enabled admittedly.

Nice work 🤩

The funny thing was, the sword run was really dull and seemed to be fizzing out, but you can never completely write a run off, until you get annihilated by Redacted.

Now I've discovered a weapon mod to the spear which makes its special a sort of really rapid and penetrative arrow, not the weedy sort of throw it usually is.

This game :wub:

39 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

I done it :slowclap:.  With the sword using level 11 blade dash and not a lot else to be honest, would have failed if not for getting all lives back though.  Probably about the 50th run  and with God mode enabled admittedly.

I think I might need to turn god mode on too because I can see myself getting frustrated with the RNG. It is frustrating I can get all the way to the end (?) one run and then get wiped out in Asphodel the next using the same weapon...

1 hour ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Level eleven?! I don't think I've had anything past level four.

11 hours ago, strawdonkey said:

Is there a way of telling what you need to do to get the last Fated Choice for each Olympian God? I've got a few of them but I can't figure out if there's specific things that need picking first.

There's a ton of stuff I've not discovered yet so am hesitant to look up a guide in case it spoils a load of other stuff...

Yeah. You need to look up the God's description in the codex, then press the key that lists their boons. Each boon lists the pre-requisites for it. It's something like two key presses on Switch when you're actually choosing a boon - ZL and '-' or something like that.

That way you can choose the right boon that leads to the boon you want. Good for the duo boons, too.

Edit: footle thinks it's a contractor upgrade? Could be.

I said I would stop playing this after I beat the end boss. 

I just can't. It's just an amazingly designed game. Always offering something new and I'm always progressing. It's amazing. 

I beat that hidden 

Spoiler

Boss - Charon. Damn he was tough. 

Also whacked up extreme measures to max for an achievement. Fucking hell it mixed it up. The Hydra was a pain in the arse with the new layout and the 3rd stage bosses were the hardest yet. The minotaur in particular with his new moves that obliterate you totally rinsed me of 3 lives. Still maged to beat them and get to the end but sadly lost to the big bad and my streak of escaping came to an end. 

When upping the difficulty before a run, What do the bounties do btw? I don't see anywhere I can use/sell them. 

1 hour ago, strawdonkey said:

Level eleven?! I don't think I've had anything past level four.

I thought 4 was the highest. I tried to get that blade dash past 4 but the option never came up when I was trying. 

Edit-for the blade dash I mean. Had others over 4. 

Also this build made me unstoppable and basically no damage could hit me. Never lost a life and finished with plenty of help. It made me nearly Invincible. Won't get close to this again I'm guessing. 

Screenshot_20210818_204856.jpg

45 minutes ago, tnman said:

As a noob, I don't know how you manage to get that many upgrades for your boons. I literally do not see that many upgrade fruit things ever.

I think there's a boon that adds +1 to each Pom upgrade you get.

6 hours ago, robdood said:

People talking about painful fingers because of constant dashing, I just wanted to point out you can just hold the attack button to attack at maximum speed, just in case you didn't notice.  That way you can just tap dodge with the lower part of your thumb when needed. 

Sorry if that was mansplainey. 

That's weapon dependant though I always take it with the spear, or the never reload boon.

Yeah, the percentage increase in power definitely goes massively down after level 3 or 4, I’ve found. 

Just cleared another run, with the spear, this time. Got these Daedalus hammers for the attack flurry and three pronged thing which stack, plus Are’s Doom. And on top of that an upgrade that lets you stack doom for extra damage. Was absolute carnage. Boss 4 didn’t stand a chance. 

edit: Oh, and I did a bounty, too - the one with new boss forms. Was pretty cool! The amount of effort they put into this game must have been enormous. 

21 minutes ago, cassidy said:

I've never seen this one, so far. 

It's a Duo; Aphrodite/Poseidon. Sweet Nectar - All Poms of Power you find are more effective.

Edit: I should say, it took me so long to complete, I collected every boon; solo, duo and Legendary.

13 minutes ago, cassidy said:

If I see a Hammer, I'm getting a hammer. Unless I'm in Asphodel and that exclamation mark appears. 

Yep, Daedelus Hammers should always be your go-to, whenever they appear. Eventually you'll learn to choose them even over Patroclus.

Anyway, despite transferring my save over, I'm seriously considering starting a new save on this. I've got a stack of about 70 other games to get through, but I can't stop thinking about Hades.

Just escaped 3 times on the trot. On the third run I was intentionally trying to use boons I'd not seen before, irrespective of the 'build' but still was pretty formidable. You get extremely powerful once you've got a few extended runs in.

1 hour ago, tobert said:

26 runs in and still can't get past the hydra, any tips?

Hmm attack from a distance if you can e.g. spear or casts, and kill each small hydra as quickly as possible when they show up. Keep dashing around everywhere to help avoid burn damage/bombs/enemies.

3 hours ago, danbot said:

We can all just give up now. My son just got out on attempt 4.

Wait, what.

Run 12 I think, just beat the 2nd boss for the first time. Oh boy, things ramp up a notch after that. Anyway, I gave the trident a go, really liking it. I always forget to special, and rarely like standing still long enough to swish it around me normal attack, but I can dash and mash attack like a goodun. But the comical thing is that, again, it was cast doing all the work. I got (I think) Phalanx Shot, which turns casts into big heat seeking golden UFOs. Had 4 ranks in that and got lucky with some shops that gave me 2 extra over my normal 3.

Anyway, just unlocked a bunch more stuff in the mirror and now I don't know what to do. You can press left/right to change each type of ability and this opens up a load of complexity I wasn't expecting. I might just stick with what I've got for now, and keep saving (~300 ish) and wait to see what you get for 10 keys.