IGNORED

Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

6 hours ago, tobert said:

26 runs in and still can't get past the hydra, any tips?

First and second appearance. Cast, get in close, spam damage, dash from side to side.
While you dash you are invulnerable to stuff on the ground, so dash a lot.

small hydras. Area of effect damage, spam whatever has been upgraded more of your attack and special, cast once, dash dash dash. On the second set, I’ll use my call if it’s aoe (Poseidon, ares)

last appearance, same as first, but if my call is Artemis or Aprodite, I use it here for a single kill.

In general, aggressive + dash wins in at least the early stages of hades over cautious. 

Just now, pledge said:

Is the xbox version easier? People seem to be getting out a lot quicker in general than when I was reading this thread for the PC players.

In my case it’s just that I know what I’m doing, whereas I didn’t on the PC.

10 hours ago, tobert said:

26 runs in and still can't get past the hydra, any tips?

I've been prioritising damage over time boons (Ares spinning blade things on dash are good for laying a couple down around the base of the small Hydra's, Bacchus's hangover on attack works for me too), making sure I've got the mirror upgrade where you deal extra damage to enemies that have your cast in them and having three casts in play and just min-maxing my way through. Probably a terrible set up for the 3rd area, but I can melt the Hydra pretty easily now.

I've always found Hydra straightforward if a little lengthy. Best point damage on the main head, dash side to side, then best area damage and semi circular dashing around thr bottom of the area to mop up the adds.  

I find Boss 3 more difficult than Hydra with some builds, but quicker with others.  And Redacted is still a massive challenge, thus no further success, and now having to choose a heat source too makes things more tricky (rightfully so of course). All this with God mode enabled for some time now  :facepalm:

Just got taken out by Redacted again. Had a railgun build that I thought was definitely going to do the job but it didn’t seem to do anywhere near as much damage as I expected it to. 

I actually had the short burst Daedalus hammer that turns it into a shotgun but hated that as it killed the range, went for the thing where you can swap one for two hammers in world 4, and got a couple of really good ones. I was so sure I was going to get him!

It's what the NPCs call him/her, seems a good way to avoid spoilers. 

Had my second clear with the spear this time - basically a chill / Ares build but ended up a complete mongrel.  I was deliberately not choosing any health upgrades, because heat, so I ended up with a ton of diverse attributes by the end.

Also earned 2 rare achievements, ta Charon!

05490455-f49c-43bf-888f-a3bcaa135ac0.png

Edited by Cosmic_Guru
Correction

It’s great reading this thread and seeing more playing for the first time due to game pass. I’m trying really hard not to start fresh on a new format but it is tempting to see if I could escape quickly and see it all in 4k 60fps appeals and omg just a quick run to see what it’s like and ahhh shit I’m back in boys! 

30 minutes ago, Ry said:

I'm going for the full 1000 gamerscore. 

I think I have a few of the really hard ones out the way. The rest are all about rng and putting in the time. 

I'm a bit scared by the extreme measures one tbh. Don't fancy the Elysium and Redacted fights made tougher. 

Just tried last boss on 2 Fury (or whatever it's called). Yeah, no. I lack the damage output and I can only chip away his health for that long before I mess up and make stupid mistakes and eventually die.

2 minutes ago, Benny said:

Regarding Elysium EM

Hide contents

I got the biggest laugh probably of the whole game from the first dialogue/changes you get as a result of it.

Aye. Got me too!

It's been ages since a video game has gripped me this way.

Today has been a write off for other purposes but I've made good progress. 

Completions with the gloves and the spear.

Deciding on the weapon forms.

Deciding on the mirror settings.

Finding out more about your relatives.

Reaching the God Mode ceiling (despite which bow and gun are still tricky).

Just managed extreme measures at max and mini bosses with armoured foes at max on my second attempt. Hades was a piece of piss really. Only lost one life. 

Had far more trouble on the boat of doom and the 3rd bosses. 

Just need to figure out how to unlock companions and the like. Already unlocked all keepsakes and trying to level them all up to 3 at the moment. Still no idea what i do with all the bounties. 

4 minutes ago, Ry said:

Just managed extreme measures at max and mini bosses with armoured foes at max on my second attempt. Hades was a piece of piss really. Only lost one life. 

Had far more trouble on the boat of doom and the 3rd bosses. 

Just need to figure out how to unlock companions and the like. Already unlocked all keepsakes and trying to level them all up to 3 at the moment. Still no idea what i do with all the bounties. 

I'm impressed not gonna lie. 

I have no idea about this genre, game or what I’m doing and only playing as The Computer Game Show (.co) loved it so much…. Ive played around about an hour and I’m totally hooked, I love it and I am having great fun trying out the different weapons (obvs I’m dying quite a lot…) and have escaped the first area before dying…. I had to stop to make dinner, I def wouldn’t have stopped!

Should i be reading anything (non spoiler obv) in this thread or just carry on blind?

I think what it comes down to, for me is..

I could imagine playing this in an arcade in the days of yore,  and pumping money into it. 

But they never had this level of depth.  Not to be pretentious, if someone asked me why I played videogames. I'd just load this up and say "That's why" 

Supergiant have done something wonderful here. 

21 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I have no idea about this genre, game or what I’m doing and only playing as The Computer Game Show (.co) loved it so much…. Ive played around about an hour and I’m totally hooked, I love it and I am having great fun trying out the different weapons (obvs I’m dying quite a lot…) and have escaped the first area before dying…. I had to stop to make dinner, I def wouldn’t have stopped!

Should i be reading anything (non spoiler obv) in this thread or just carry on blind?

I'd advise getting the hell out of the thread and don't read anything in it until you're a hundred hours deep or so. Don't read any guides. Nothing.

It's a game designed to be a journey of joyful discovery.

I have not read any guides and I'm very glad. 

The way it throws new things and you learn the basics and deeper techniques and combinations is just masterful. 

I have pumped 30 hours into it in a few days and I can see me doing another 100. It's well on its way to being one of my top 10 games ever. 

And this is a genre I'm not a fan of. Tried so many and the only ones that have clicked are this and Gungeon. 

First escape, PC. Try fifty or so.

Story completion, Xbox, try forty, and then I continued my escape streak to three with three different weapons for good measure with an insane everything is lightning, everywhere, build.

time to start further increasing the ascensions pacts, I suppose (so far I’ve just been swapping weapons too much, so haven’t really unlocked a lot)