IGNORED

Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

I'm trying to get the achievement for getting the butterfly keepsake up to 30%. Got to 28% and took a hit. 

Weirdly enough, I wasn't raging (when I started playing I was ready to uninstall due to that Redacted bastard) it just means I try again and don't mind because each run is fun. 

8 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I'll keep playing but I'm not sure about the balancing so far. I got to the third boss after 5 or so deaths and it was just talking hundreds of hits to get anywhere and felt like a pretty tedious war of attrition.

Funnily enough that's how I felt, only double your figure. I got to run 14 and turned god mode on, because while I'm enjoying the game I was stopping enjoying the RNG element and I don't know how streamers and people in this thread manage to get such OP builds.

The large damage buff then meant that I got my first clear on run 16. :D Am I still allowed in the club?

Really need to unlock the final two weapons now...

6 minutes ago, df0 said:

Here’s a design oversight: when the controller disconnects the game doesn’t pause. Just lost a Fury 2 run to that.

Here's a design element of delight though. Well for me anyway. 

The muted versions of the music that plays when the game is paused is such a nice touch. 

2 hours ago, Ry said:

I'm trying to get the achievement for getting the butterfly keepsake up to 30%. Got to 28% and took a hit. 

Weirdly enough, I wasn't raging (when I started playing I was ready to uninstall due to that Redacted bastard) it just means I try again and don't mind because each run is fun. 

Just so you know, even if you take a hit, you can still get the boost if you don't get hit in any subsequent rooms. It's not a one-time thing.

Been caning this and got out once. The genius of it is that its extremely well balanced, so there's a huge range of viable builds. Last night I about to give up after a disastrous first area and boss but wound up with crazy passive damage and absolute sliver from beating Redacted. 

Some of the Hammers seem complete busts though. I assume there's therefore YouTube videos of people breaking the game with them. 

Got a streak of 4 escapes before getting cocky and knocking up the heat level too far and dying at the final boss in a shield run.

I hated the bow run I did in that streak, until I got a couple of hammer boons that, as far as I could tell, turned the bow into a multi directional fully auto festering death machine. I was firing 3 arrows constantly just holding down square, which all caused hangover, and also caused arrows to bounce to nearby enemies on hit, also causing hangover. Ludicrously OP.

Won't be beating this for a while. Had it furned up to 6 fury. 

Pretty sure I could do a sub 15 though. (then into sub 10 :)

Also, I fucking hate Meg. She has that vocal fry thing that drives me insane. Also, she's just a cunt. 

Screenshot_20210820_133103.jpg

3 hours ago, donpeartree said:

Just so you know, even if you take a hit, you can still get the boost if you don't get hit in any subsequent rooms. It's not a one-time thing.

Yeah, I got it to 28% going into the last section. And those small encounters don't count. Basically need to get out of Elysium with 30%. 

Will do it later. Pretty sure I can manage.

Put a few hours into this and it really is as good as the hype. Had it on Epic since Early Access but kept putting it off until it was ready and then just forgot about it. Currently getting absolutely wrecked by the Elysium boss(es) so am busy levelling up my upgrades. Also decided to switch on God Mode so that I don't get too frustrated and not finish it.

Stumbled upon an Athena spear build that forgoes the AoE attack for rapid deflecting strikes by just holding the button down and juiced it up with a bunch of poms that have it dealing increasing amounts of damage that are topping out at over 1k. It’s absolutely annihilated everything in my path so far including melting the third area bosses for my first victory over them and seeing me through the entirety of the fourth area without losing a smidge of health. 

So I’m now sat on 4 extra lives with a full health bar and a weapon that has laughed in the face of everything that’s challenged it so far and am about to face Redacted for the first time. 💪

This is going to be a tale of sheer fucking hubris that will be told down the ages isn’t it... 😑

edit: fucking asshole

7 hours ago, Timmo said:

I'll keep playing but I'm not sure about the balancing so far. I got to the third boss after 5 or so deaths and it was just talking hundreds of hits to get anywhere and felt like a pretty tedious war of attrition.

You can have builds that are far too defensive for those bosses - eg ones that are entirely built around aoe, where you somehow haven’t got a call.

however the balancing at low heats is actually fine (sorry) - it’s just you haven’t got the tactics or boon choice down, and if you’re really screwed up early then there’s always death defiance.
In later and harder runs, you’ve probably unlocked the ability to reroll boons, doors etc. which gives you a little bit more chance of getting the build you want, and you can tailor the difficulty somewhat to your own preferences.

Had fun with a Doom 'n' Drunk gun run.  Made very short work of boss 3 in particular.

Just the bow left, and I haven't yet found a hammer alteration which I like more than the base weapon (the homing special attack version). I know part of the problem is being too static compared to using the melee weapons.

I wonder how the epilogue unlocks? Got the main ending and just replaying to see this and grind the last few achievements. I have 6 clears in a row at over 6 fury/heat and over 50 runs in totals. 

Maybe I just need to exhaust all dialogue options. 

4 minutes ago, Ry said:

I wonder how the epilogue unlocks? Got the main ending and just replaying to see this and grind the last few achievements. I have 6 clears in a row at over 6 fury/heat and over 50 runs in totals. 

Maybe I just need to exhaust all dialogue options. 

When you say the 'main ending', have you seen the credits? I.e.,

Spoiler

Have you cleared the game ten times?

As for the epilogue,

Spoiler

It's pretty specific, IIRC - you need to talk to several different characters on different runs to unlock it. Might be better to use a guide.

17 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Had fun with a Doom 'n' Drunk gun run.  Made very short work of boss 3 in particular.

Just the bow left, and I haven't yet found a hammer alteration which I like more than the base weapon (the homing special attack version). I know part of the problem is being too static compared to using the melee weapons.

For Aspect of Chiron (the homing special one), I like Relentless Volley (+4 shots to your special) and Concentrated Volley (increases the base damage of every consecutive hit). I tend to use Artemis special for base damage but you can also put Demeter or Dionysus on it (avoid Zeus and Poseidon tho, doesn't proc with every shot) and another status effect on Attack for Privileged Status damage. Prioritise Chaos every chance you get, too — unless it's Duo-hunting time I'll save roll tokens for Chaos as any kind of special damage boost off him is just nutty.

Also what do you mean by static? You can be super nimble with Chiron if you want to. You can either charge a power shot from range or just tap attack from up close to get your lock-on. Then you can go anywhere on screen, pretty much, and just mash special when you're safe. 

59 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

For Aspect of Chiron (the homing special one), I like Relentless Volley (+4 shots to your special) and Concentrated Volley (increases the base damage of every consecutive hit). I tend to use Artemis special for base damage but you can also put Demeter or Dionysus on it (avoid Zeus and Poseidon tho, doesn't proc with every shot) and another status effect on Attack for Privileged Status damage. Prioritise Chaos every chance you get, too — unless it's Duo-hunting time I'll save roll tokens for Chaos as any kind of special damage boost off him is just nutty.

Also what do you mean by static? You can be super nimble with Chiron if you want to. You can either charge a power shot from range or just tap attack from up close to get your lock-on. Then you can go anywhere on screen, pretty much, and just mash special when you're safe. 

Thanks for the tips.  I think the problem is psychological in part- so used to a bow being a sniping option. Somehow the dash attack seems a lot more awkward with it. To be fair, in the larger rooms in Elysium where there is often time for charging, it works brilliantly, and also for the Tartarus trapped columns. I quite like Poseidon on the attack for the blowback-  I should probably toggle back to privileged status and look for something else for the special.

Got this for PS5 and loving it. I loved Bastian but hated Transistor, so glad that is falling more on the former side for me.

I need to learn to not rush in like a twat though and wait for openings. I felt pretty unstoppable up to a certain point so naturally I got cocky and it all went tits up. :lol:

On 17/08/2021 at 12:18, sammy said:

Threads like this always remind me how shit I am at games.  16 runs and only just beat Meg, although did it twice in a row, so definitely making progress.  Shield seems to be working best for me so far.  Incredible game, it just oozes quality.

I’ve made some pretty good progress over the past couple of days.  I thought I’d change the shield up for the bow and immediately preferred the damage output.  Bought the aspect of Chiron which made an even bigger difference.  I beat the deadly duo at the end of Elysium earlier today! By the skin of my teeth but still! 

I haven’t been sucked into a game like this for a long time, its an absolute stunner.