IGNORED

Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

2 hours ago, Jamie John said:

When you say the 'main ending', have you seen the credits? I.e.,

Hide contents

Have you cleared the game ten times?

As for the epilogue,

Hide contents

It's pretty specific, IIRC - you need to talk to several different characters on different runs to unlock it. Might be better to use a guide.

Yeah, got the main ending. Just the epilogue I'm after. 

Going to take a break. I have put in all my free time to this and don't want to get exhausted by it. 

Being on quick resume is so bloody good. I can just jump in and do a couple of runs of areas in between other shit. 

I think I’ve completed about 6 runs. Just did two pretty much back to back, today, and the time just flew. 

With the nectar, is how many do I need to pour into each character to get anything after the initial one? I’ve given like 5 to Charon and bugger all has happened. I’ve got hardly any nectar but like 7 of the big Ambrosias that I can’t do anything with. 

I positively hate the bow. It’s the one and only weapon I never had a decent build with. Poor range, long charge with a narrow sweet spot, exceptionally low damage. Killing anything beyond Tartarus takes so long I let out several “what’s taking so long!”

I never want to use it.

1 hour ago, df0 said:

I positively hate the bow. It’s the one and only weapon I never had a decent build with. Poor range, long charge with a narrow sweet spot, exceptionally low damage. Killing anything beyond Tartarus takes so long I let out several “what’s taking so long!”

I never want to use it.

Theres a couple of Daedalus hammers that stack nicely - no power shot but rapid fire + three bolts at the same time. It’s great. 

Also the alt fire, there’s a common Daedalus hammer that decreases range but lets you charge to do 250% damage. Stack that with a boon that does damage over time and you’re sorted. Stand an inch from the enemy and let it off and you hit them with about 10 arrows at once. 

I have also fallen deep, deep, underworld deep in love with this. I had to consciously not take my Switch on holiday the other week, because I'd have gained a +130% buff to Unsociable. It's only got better since then. I'm in the early-to-mid stages of the post-game, I think. I still have some Prophecies to tick off: alongside the story stuff, there are still a few weapon upgrades and some Duo Boons. It's amazing how effective that is at distracting your build when you know you should just be trying for a win.

The urge to hand-write notes is the sign of a genius game to me, and I'm a couple of dozen pages into my big notebook. Boon trackers, notes on run strategy with primary and secondary goals, and most recently my "Heat-o-meter".

I think what really sealed it for me was the first time I constructed a Poseidon build that cleared the first Styx chamber in approx 1 second. Glorious nonsense. I don't even like roguelikes!

I got an Artemis book last night that fired a selling arrow every time I hit an enemy with any attack, special or cast. My build was built around the spear with the flurry Daedalus hammer and I absolutely annihilated everything in Styx. I bloody hate those Satyrs, but they didn’t stand a chance. 

10 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think I’ve completed about 6 runs. Just did two pretty much back to back, today, and the time just flew. 

With the nectar, is how many do I need to pour into each character to get anything after the initial one? I’ve given like 5 to Charon and bugger all has happened. I’ve got hardly any nectar but like 7 of the big Ambrosias that I can’t do anything with. 

In the journal you can see which NPCs will open up more with further Nectar. I always convert gems into keys into Nectar before setting off, don't like leaving without 2 or 3 for my favourites. Certainly favouring the Gods brings rewards in terms of boons rarity after receiving their initial gift. The one person I thought might appreciate some doesn't seem to want any, and I'm still missing one accessory.

11 hours ago, df0 said:

I never want to use it.

Each run I pick the "purple" weapon. Keeps things interesting. 

Last night I went with bow and realised the quick normal shot upgrade is a must have, it fires 3 shots in quick succession. Not as powerful as normal charging shot but not by much and it gets rids of grunts easier. With that and a few power boons you can decimate foes. Then use the special when eye to eye with a foe so they get every arrow. Also having the special deflect is amazing. Projectiles couldn't get near me . I made it through to Elysium boss without taking a hit. 

I now have about 20 clears. Only 4 with the bow though. Slowly working through the prophecies. They will take about 100 hours I'm guessing. 

On 17/08/2021 at 22:53, df0 said:

I just had the worst run: gloves with Poseidon. Poseidon’s boons have knock back which means whenever I attack I knock enemies away. Glad that’s over, lost all DD in Asphodel :lol: 

They're stupidly strong if you kite enemies to a wall and bounce them off it back into your fists. Everything just melts with the added wall damage and faster with wall damage buffs. 

Just cleared first run with the bow. Had 3 DD + the relic that gives one extra with at least 100 hp. By the very end I grew tired of dodging and tanked all the damage using 3 DD.

The run was a hot mess, jaysus. I think I lack the foresight and tact to use the bow, I am more the impatient button mashing type.

Three to go: shield, gloves and the one that I unlocked but do not want to spoil.

Bloody hell I only went and beat it!  Started a run with the 

Spoiler

Gun

with a view to just beating Meg and getting a titan blood to upgrade my bow aspect.  It just went brilliantly, ended up deflect dash striking the (un)living shit out of everything, walked out of Styx with all of my death defiances and finished the last fight with one to spare.  

Absolutely buzzing and can’t wait to crack back into it later.  What a game.

I finally beat the Redacted cunt! :omg:

Was completely unexpected on that particular run as, much like the previous poster, I was just using the shield for perhaps the second time ever, purely to get some blood and a diamond.

Lucked out on a ridiculously overpowered Doom-based homing Special build as shown below that essentially revolved entirely around dashing then chucking my shield, letting it bounce around every enemy in the room and then just waiting for the damage-boosted Doom to do its thing. Repeat ad infinitum and pretty much the only damage I took throughout the whole run was a bar or so of health on the final boss.

5CA2C405-9D17-4A00-B34A-983F31BCC2E9.thumb.png.682a69dfbbbc772ab5cd613649b5ed9b.png

I would say it felt cheap but I’ve more than earned my stripes after 30 runs and refusing to use God mode so fuck him.  Right up there with besting the most challenging Dark Souls and Bloodborne bosses in terms of fist-pumping satisfaction in victory. 

Such a magnificently designed game and I’m hard pushed to think of any other that has a more perfectly pitched sense of gradual progression and mechanical discovery. Hellishly addictive, fiendishly good, and worth every drop of blood that’s been spilled in all the gushing praise for it.

Had a good few runs on this.

Decided to go with the bow as I was hoping that playing it more long distance would help with my usual gung-ho, all guns blazing. And it worked for the most part and made my way up to the third area! That's when I got impatient though as my damage output was incredibly low (but health high) so went a bit crazy.

Love everything about the style, lore and voice acting in this!

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

How many stages are there?

I got to 

Reveal hidden contents

Theseus and the Minotaur

… and got the shit kicked out of me. There are some really difficult/unfair stages leading up to that. 

There’s one more area after that one which mixes it up a little, although (Tartarus aside) I find it the easiest to get through. The end boss is tough though and has a lot of different attacks and mechanics to figure out.

6 hours ago, pinholestar said:

There’s one more area after that one which mixes it up a little, although (Tartarus aside) I find it the easiest to get through. The end boss is tough though and has a lot of different attacks and mechanics to figure out.

If you get really stuck on area 4…

Spoiler

You occasionally get poisoned. That’s what the wells are for.

I've said this before, but this is some tasty gaming crack. I put it on at about 8.30 this evening, intending to do one run and then play something else, and, at 12.55am, I've only just managed to turn it off.

The achievements issues are irritating, though. I'd be tempted to go for 1000/1000 if they weren't an issue. I should have got the Champions of Elysium one this evening, but it hasn't popped despite closing and restarting the game a couple of times, which is what I did previously to get some others to trigger.

Is anyone else still having achievement problems?

Attempts 29 and 30 just lead to escape 2 and 3. A second escape with the spear then I applied one of the Titan blood bonuses to the gloves. I used the magnetism one and was able to get Ares’ blade thing so I was able to melt enemies. Late on I got the 2% health recovery for every special kill which helped a fair bit on the final stage. 

I think I finally see the point of the keepsakes to get a specific God’s boon next. I did a sword run yesterday, killed by Redacted. I went for the Aspect which knocks the cast out of enemies, thinking I’d pair it with Artemis’ cast, but instead got crap ones which don’t work that way at all. 

If I pick one, will it mean every boon in that world will be from that God, or is it just the first one?

Ended up with a very odd build and got taken out by Hades. I’ve now got 6 clears - 2 gloves, 2 bow, 2 spear. So none with the other three weapons. Need to hurry up and get those sorted, especially as your think the railgun would be a walk in the park. 

11 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think I finally see the point of the keepsakes to get a specific God’s boon next. I did a sword run yesterday, killed by Redacted. I went for the Aspect which knocks the cast out of enemies, thinking I’d pair it with Artemis’ cast, but instead got crap ones which don’t work that way at all. 

If I pick one, will it mean every boon in that world will be from that God, or is it just the first one?

Ended up with a very odd build and got taken out by Hades. I’ve now got 6 clears - 2 gloves, 2 bow, 2 spear. So none with the other three weapons. Need to hurry up and get those sorted, especially as your think the railgun would be a walk in the park. 

Just the first boon, I believe. If you have a specific build in mind, set that God's keepsake as your one for Tartarus so you get the God you're looking for straight out the gate, then change it when you get to Asphodel.

And the railgun is harder than you think if you don't get the right boons - its standard attack is pretty weedy and you have to remember to reload it. I've used it on a couple of runs recently, reached Hades with full DDs, only for him to kill me as it just doesn't have the DPS. If you get the right combination of God boons and hammers, however, it can annihilate entire rooms very, very quickly.

45 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

If you get the right combination of God boons and hammers, however, it can annihilate entire rooms very, very quickly.

I think this applies to any weapon really.  Unless you want to read a guide and spoil all the surprise it's a matter of trial and error to see what suits you best. I must admit to a soft spot for uncle Poseidon, but there are loads of possible synergies. I'm guilty of unlocking weapon mods just because they are new, and then regretting them.  Probably also worth going to Chaos a couple of times to buff your basics.  There is also an accessory I was messing about with yesterday which buffs damage where no boon is equipped.

(Yesterday's achievements popped this morning).

Unless I have a glorious synergy going on, I pick the boon that's new to the Legacy. After 80 or so runs I'm still early in the game, so might as well get those out of the way now before tackling proper Fury runs.