IGNORED

Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

I’ve gone back to this on Switch with everyone talking about it again and enjoying it just as much. I only managed a couple of escapes before moving on to something else. 

A question on the nectar. I’ve got a few of the gods to one of those padlocked hearts, but I’m not then sure what to do to “deepen the relationship” and feel like the game hasn’t made it obvious to me (albeit I’m probably an idiot and missed something staring me in the face). 

2 minutes ago, OneDvBmbr said:

I’ve gone back to this on Switch with everyone talking about it again and enjoying it just as much. I only managed a couple of escapes before moving on to something else. 

A question on the nectar. I’ve got a few of the gods to one of those padlocked hearts, but I’m not then sure what to do to “deepen the relationship” and feel like the game hasn’t made it obvious to me (albeit I’m probably an idiot and missed something staring me in the face). 

Spoiler

Ambrosia is needed which is the big jar of it you get everytime you best area 3 bosses with a different weapon. And of course for trading stuff. 

3 minutes ago, OneDvBmbr said:

You need to give them a better vintage of nectar.

Spoiler

The ambrosia that you get when you beat Theseus and Minotaur.

1 hour ago, OneDvBmbr said:

You end up talking to them a lot more, or the other gods they're associated with, and eventually they'll offer you a quest or just unlock. Then you can start feeding them ambrosia.

The one I'm a bit confused by is...

Spoiler

Hades.

On the PC version, I'd died so much before I finally finished, that by the time I'd escaped ten times I was immediately able to unlock that padlock. I'm now at 22-23 clears on the Xbox, across ~50 runs or so, and haven't had the option yet...

14 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I assumed God mode was invincibility which sounds a bit like a rubbish way to play the game. 

It's actually (like the rest of the game) really well thought out and effective; essentially it gives you 20% extra defence right off the bat, then +2% more defence each time you die. I got to the credits without it, but now I've turned it off because I'm interested in getting through all the sidequests and extra content. Having it enabled doesn't gate off any of the achievements, either. It's great.

Another question, this time regarding Bouldy's other half.

Spoiler

I have access to the room with the scrolls and I am tasked in finding a piece of parchment that somehow absolves him. How do I continue this chain? I had the quest for what feels like ages and it never progresses. Is it an upgrade/renovation I need to buy with Darkness?

44 minutes ago, df0 said:

Another question, this time regarding Bouldy's other half.

Hide contents

I have access to the room with the scrolls and I am tasked in finding a piece of parchment that somehow absolves him. How do I continue this chain? I had the quest for what feels like ages and it never progresses. Is it an upgrade/renovation I need to buy with Darkness?

Spoiler

You need to give him 6 bottles of Nectar, then speak to him several more times, as well as speaking to Nyx and Hades about him, then visit the Admin Chamber. 

I'm getting through the sidequests and prophecies myself at the moment, and a good rule of thumb if in doubt is to just give more nectar!

I can only talk, there's no gift option.

To elaborate a bit more:

Spoiler

Hades told me something akin to "sure boy, if you finally decide to do some work you could find the scroll".

Nyx told me something I can not remember.

I can not gift anything to him.

9 hours ago, df0 said:

Question about Bouldy I do not wish to google in case of big(ger) spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

Does handing it Nectar ever accomplish anything?

Yes. Just not much.

Spoiler

You get a small boost - 5% or so additional/less, in a couple of areas. Attack, movement. That's for one vial of nectar, after you have bonded enough with him, I think. Lasts per run.

How do you turn god mode on? I assume it’s off by default? I’ve done 16 escapes and still don’t know 😅

Achievements on Xbox are starting to get on my tits as well. The Charon card one still hasn’t popped, neither has another one.

17 minutes ago, phillv85 said:

How do you turn god mode on? I assume it’s off by default? I’ve done 16 escapes and still don’t know 😅

Achievements on Xbox are starting to get on my tits as well. The Charon card one still hasn’t popped, neither has another one.

God Mode is in the settings menu.

And as for achievements, quitting the game from the dash and then reloading it seems to make (most) of them pop. There's sometimes a few hours' delay, too. I'm still waiting on the one for invoking a God's Greater Call against them in a trial. I think I'm just going to have to do it again, sigh.

5 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

1 clear left for the ending. I’m hoping to be busy with Psychonauts 2 from tomorrow, but I would like to come back and do some side quests, I think. 

You should definitely get on and go for the final clear. I doubt you'll find it that difficult.

Spoiler

:ph34r:

I'm aiming for Plat*, I thoroughly love most about this. Everything gels so nicely, nothing feels like a chore and boring. My biggest annoyance is when I'm for example in Asphodel with a rubbish build but completed like two legacies prophecies. If I quit I lose that progress, so I reluctantly sit through it knowing this rubbish build will not carry me past the final boss.

*as long as there's no nonsense like "Clear Fury 10 without getting hit".

13 minutes ago, df0 said:

I'm aiming for Plat*, I thoroughly love most about this. Everything gels so nicely, nothing feels like a chore and boring. My biggest annoyance is when I'm for example in Asphodel with a rubbish build but completed like two legacies. If I quit I lose that progress, so I reluctantly sit through it knowing this rubbish build will not carry me past the final boss.

When you write 'Legacies' do you mean 'Prophecies'? I didn't realise they didn't carry over if you quit the run.

Personally, I don't really care if I beat Hades or not, now (though, with God mode enabled, I pretty much always do). I feel like I'm deep into the metagame and am trying to min/max each run to set up as many Legendary Boons as I can, choose boons I haven't chosen before, make sure I've got unleveled keepsakes equipped, and give fucking everyone nectar.

The hardest achievement is probably the one that gets you Skelly's first trinket; the rest are just time-consuming and dictated by RNG, but the unlocking loop is more than addicting enough to keep me playing.

42 minutes ago, df0 said:

I'm aiming for Plat*, I thoroughly love most about this. Everything gels so nicely, nothing feels like a chore and boring. My biggest annoyance is when I'm for example in Asphodel with a rubbish build but completed like two legacies prophecies. If I quit I lose that progress, so I reluctantly sit through it knowing this rubbish build will not carry me past the final boss.

You can always suicide as not to lose progress. 

Warming towards the spear now, another really quick weapon when used correctly.

15 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

The only thing that is going to stop me losing my wife, family and dreams to this bloody game is having to go back to work next week. 

First escape 32 runs through, now getting to Redacted every other run. I’m finding that if I have any kind of boon that allows for progressive regeneration I’m sorted. Not sure my Leroy Jenkins approach is considered or wise but I’m loving it. The gentle drip-feed of new perks, unlocking and lore is gaming crack. 

Could go on for ages about how wonderful this is, but hate typing on my phone. My laptop is in the same room as my Series X, so if I go to type more up on that, the lure of ‘just one quick go’ will be too much. 

This is very similar to my experience. I've stayed up until about 1 am playing it for the last five days in a row and am completely knackered the next day when I have to get up at 7 with my son. Last night I told myself I'd stop playing at 12, but I was on such a good run, then I had to check in on everyone after I'd finished, then I only had six more encounters left on a keepsake to level it up, then I got on another great run, and so on.

I may have to uninstall it. (I won't uninstall it.)