IGNORED

Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

9 hours ago, df0 said:

Question about Bouldy I do not wish to google in case of big(ger) spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

Does handing it Nectar ever accomplish anything?

Yes. Just not much.

Spoiler

You get a small boost - 5% or so additional/less, in a couple of areas. Attack, movement. That's for one vial of nectar, after you have bonded enough with him, I think. Lasts per run.

How do you turn god mode on? I assume it’s off by default? I’ve done 16 escapes and still don’t know 😅

Achievements on Xbox are starting to get on my tits as well. The Charon card one still hasn’t popped, neither has another one.

17 minutes ago, phillv85 said:

How do you turn god mode on? I assume it’s off by default? I’ve done 16 escapes and still don’t know 😅

Achievements on Xbox are starting to get on my tits as well. The Charon card one still hasn’t popped, neither has another one.

God Mode is in the settings menu.

And as for achievements, quitting the game from the dash and then reloading it seems to make (most) of them pop. There's sometimes a few hours' delay, too. I'm still waiting on the one for invoking a God's Greater Call against them in a trial. I think I'm just going to have to do it again, sigh.

5 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

1 clear left for the ending. I’m hoping to be busy with Psychonauts 2 from tomorrow, but I would like to come back and do some side quests, I think. 

You should definitely get on and go for the final clear. I doubt you'll find it that difficult.

Spoiler

:ph34r:

I'm aiming for Plat*, I thoroughly love most about this. Everything gels so nicely, nothing feels like a chore and boring. My biggest annoyance is when I'm for example in Asphodel with a rubbish build but completed like two legacies prophecies. If I quit I lose that progress, so I reluctantly sit through it knowing this rubbish build will not carry me past the final boss.

*as long as there's no nonsense like "Clear Fury 10 without getting hit".

13 minutes ago, df0 said:

I'm aiming for Plat*, I thoroughly love most about this. Everything gels so nicely, nothing feels like a chore and boring. My biggest annoyance is when I'm for example in Asphodel with a rubbish build but completed like two legacies. If I quit I lose that progress, so I reluctantly sit through it knowing this rubbish build will not carry me past the final boss.

When you write 'Legacies' do you mean 'Prophecies'? I didn't realise they didn't carry over if you quit the run.

Personally, I don't really care if I beat Hades or not, now (though, with God mode enabled, I pretty much always do). I feel like I'm deep into the metagame and am trying to min/max each run to set up as many Legendary Boons as I can, choose boons I haven't chosen before, make sure I've got unleveled keepsakes equipped, and give fucking everyone nectar.

The hardest achievement is probably the one that gets you Skelly's first trinket; the rest are just time-consuming and dictated by RNG, but the unlocking loop is more than addicting enough to keep me playing.

42 minutes ago, df0 said:

I'm aiming for Plat*, I thoroughly love most about this. Everything gels so nicely, nothing feels like a chore and boring. My biggest annoyance is when I'm for example in Asphodel with a rubbish build but completed like two legacies prophecies. If I quit I lose that progress, so I reluctantly sit through it knowing this rubbish build will not carry me past the final boss.

You can always suicide as not to lose progress. 

Warming towards the spear now, another really quick weapon when used correctly.

15 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

The only thing that is going to stop me losing my wife, family and dreams to this bloody game is having to go back to work next week. 

First escape 32 runs through, now getting to Redacted every other run. I’m finding that if I have any kind of boon that allows for progressive regeneration I’m sorted. Not sure my Leroy Jenkins approach is considered or wise but I’m loving it. The gentle drip-feed of new perks, unlocking and lore is gaming crack. 

Could go on for ages about how wonderful this is, but hate typing on my phone. My laptop is in the same room as my Series X, so if I go to type more up on that, the lure of ‘just one quick go’ will be too much. 

This is very similar to my experience. I've stayed up until about 1 am playing it for the last five days in a row and am completely knackered the next day when I have to get up at 7 with my son. Last night I told myself I'd stop playing at 12, but I was on such a good run, then I had to check in on everyone after I'd finished, then I only had six more encounters left on a keepsake to level it up, then I got on another great run, and so on.

I may have to uninstall it. (I won't uninstall it.)

I got into about 15 runs when I first bought this, was really enjoying it, then a load of work and life came at me and I didn't pick it up again until yesterday. The two runs I did last night I barely got past Meg when before I think I got up to the 3rd or 4th level. Basically, I need to relearn how to play. And slow down. I go into rooms with the best of intentions and before I know it I'm dashing around like a loon slashing at everything, even when I know it's not the way to get it done.

I’ve just finished Mass Effect LE and ive started this. Glad to finally experience it after hearing about it so much. Have only done 3 runs and got a third off Megs health before I died. Think it should fill the ME void nicely.

I’ll not bombard the thread with noob questions other than asking is the bow good to go with?

It depends...

They're all potentially good, depending on your play style and the build you get. One reason it's worth mixing it up to learn the styles - choosing the weapon with the purple glow each run (darkness boost) is one way to do that.

Tip: go for Daedalus Hammers as they beef up your weapon's base behaviour.

27 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I’ve just finished Mass Effect LE and ive started this. Glad to finally experience it after hearing about it so much. Have only done 3 runs and got a third off Megs health before I died. Think it should fill the ME void nicely.

I’ll not bombard the thread with noob questions other than asking is the bow good to go with?

I got my first clear with the bow and have the most clears with it overall. If you learn the timing for the super shot and pick up some boons which increase your crit chance, then it can absolutely wreck. Because it's ranged, it can keep you out or danger, too.

Other people seem to really not like it, however. The sword is probably the simplest weapon to get your head around; it's got a standard attack, an AOE special, and that's pretty much it.

I'm slowly chipping away at the achievements. Sadly, though, I don't think I'll ever get 1000/1000 unless I just grind through the one that requires you to max out everyone's keepsakes. It takes at least 2 runs to max out one from nothing, and with 25 different ones, I'd have to spend nearly as much time on the game as I have already. That particular achievement stands out as being especially rubbish compared with the others. Something like 'Equip each keepsake for at least one underworld region' would have been better. I'll see how many I've got left once I've done all the other sidequests.

26 minutes ago, smac said:

Hah. I could have done it four times over by the time I escaped. Wish I had.

I think it's closer to three runs, actually. But yeah, if I'd been switching them up from the start then I'd be a lot closer to getting the achievement, but I pretty much used Eurydice's acorn exclusively as soon as I got it from up until when I started thinking about going for the 1000 GS.

I find the game a breeze until I reach Theseus and Asterius, again and again they beat me and after 100+ attempts I have still only escaped once. 

I have been working to building my Aspect of Chiron and its now at level 4, still struggle beating those two though.

You know something, I have never even used Call before, perhaps thats where I am going wrong  :)

Is it worth building the relationships, I always use those nectar and ambrosia's to obtain Titan blood?

1 minute ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Saw the credits last night after 27 runs. Is there any real incentive story-wise to keep going?

In short, yes!

I don't suppose you'd want us to spoil the reason?

Edit: I might've been a bit trigger happy there. It actually depends a bit but there's bound to be quite a few loose ends to tie up story wise.