Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

19 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

I'm missing out on a third achievement now - the one for escaping Elysium on extreme measures.

This one didn't pop for me, either, until I'd got the 'Prophecy Foretold' message which told me to beat them on Extreme Measures. I think you get the prophecy from Posiedon. I'd beaten them at least twice before I got the prophecy using Exteme Measures, but I only got the achievement once I'd checked off the prophecy in Zagreus' room.

I’ve escaped 8 times now, at least once with each weapon, but I still have one trinket to unlock, and one other “person of note” to identify in the codex. I assumed both would be

Spoiler

Persephone

but in all our conversations I’ve never been given an option to offer them any nectar etc.

Has something gone horribly wrong or am I barking up the wrong tree and there’s still another character to find?

9 minutes ago, Darren said:

I’ve escaped 8 times now, at least once with each weapon, but I still have one trinket to unlock, and one other “person of note” to identify in the codex. I assumed both would be

Hide contents

Persephone

but in all our conversations I’ve never been given an option to offer them any nectar etc.

Has something gone horribly wrong or am I barking up the wrong tree and there’s still another character to find?

Neither. Carry on and all will be revealed. Nothing has gone wrong. 

Lightning is good against armour. As is any curse such as hangover, doom or chill. 

But as smac says, go for the safer and more effective backstab positioning.

Also take your time and pull enemies away from lava and traps.

YouTube recommended a speed run from this year’s AGDQ. Spoilers of course for bosses, items and everything else. The amount of damage output is ridiculous.

Spoiler

edit: spoilered for thumbnail.

Finally out of Elysium for the first time last night, I love that Styx is as mindbendingly difficult as Elysium first was when I got there. By pure chance, I had great knockback on attack/special, and (even luckier) a bonus knockback effect on bosses. Finally got Theseus down with about 12 health left. 

Yeah, that did not put me in good standing for what came next.

At what point did people respec? I haven't quite got 20 keys for the last of the mirror upgrades, but wondering at what point I look at the alternate things you can get.

On this playthrough I respecced several times, basically maximising what I could from the current set of available upgrades, then respeccing once I'd unlocked something else I wanted to invest in. Saving up for 3 DDs from the start is incredibly bad business, obviously, but as soon as it becomes available it's one of the best options available to you. It's very cheap to do, you'll be swimming in keys later on. 

I'm considering doing it again even though I unlocked the full mirror ages ago, because I want more of the boon token things. They're so expensive but I'm struggling to get builds together a bit.

On 06/09/2021 at 09:57, df0 said:

YouTube recommended a speed run from this year’s AGDQ. Spoilers of course for bosses, items and everything else. The amount of damage output is ridiculous.

Reveal hidden contents

edit: spoilered for thumbnail.

This video is ridiculous 

Getting increasingly annoyed at the two achievements which refuse to unlock for me - purging a legendary boon and thumping Death.  Not for the GS but it gives me less incentive to try the difficult challenges. 100th run complete, and yes it was commented on.

2 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Getting increasingly annoyed at the two achievements which refuse to unlock for me - purging a legendary boon and thumping Death.  Not for the GS but it gives me less incentive to try the difficult challenges. 100th run complete, and yes it was commented on.

Quick resume buggers the achievements. I was closing and reloading the game each time I turned it on.

17 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Quick resume buggers the achievements. I was closing and reloading the game each time I turned it on

This is a very good point. I never quick resume the game just because of these issues. 

4 left. Can't get used to your new avatar mind Jamie.

20 hours ago, danbot said:

May be worth using a 1 key now if you can respec to 3 death defiances.

So glad I did this! I'm generally only getting in about 1 run a night so thought I'd first respec to get the 3 and then grind out some keys and purple things, and enjoy more of the dialogue. I got a hammer out of the gate that made my trident bonkers and ended up in the second go against Redacted :lol:. Totally didn't mean to do that, even got there with a death defiance spare. Was all a bit Neo starting to believe.

It's funny, I can't believe how hard the furies were at first, but now I'm putting down Alecto without losing a defiance. I hope the battle with Theseus gets there. I've learned to be patient, not try to rush the battle, and hope for the Dionysus thing because I can mentally deal with the random circles more easily than the big patterns.

17 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Quick resume buggers the achievements. I was closing and reloading the game each time I turned it on.

Also, one time it affected the save sync between my two Xboxes. I nearly carried on with an older save (which I assume would have synced over my newer one, eventually) until I realized I had fewer keys etc. than I should have. Ran to my XB1, fired it up there and made sure that later save still existed, came down and quit Hades and restarted and there it was on the XSX too.

QR really ought to be a toggle like AI HDR for games where it's wonky, until they iron out these issues at least.

I had a frustrating but ultimately successful Exagryph run at lunchtime. I've only got a few boons left to take to fulfil the legendary and duo prophecies, so right now all my choices are focused on trying to engineer them appearing rather than what works well with whatever I've already got. So I ended up with a powerful weapon that becomes even more powerful after a manual reload, but with a hugely reduced capacity and range so the opportunities to manually reload basically disappeared. Similarly lots of the other boons and hammers combined in ways that negated each others' strengths. I don't mind, at the moment I'm focusing on the prophecies, and if I escape it's a bonus. Which I did in the scrappiest, most frantic final encounter ever, which cost my last two death defiances and got my health down to single figures.

And now I've seen the credits I laugh every time when

Spoiler

the narrator comes up with an excuse for not showing the cottage.

What a game.

Think I'm almost done.  A few more things to unlock for the cabinet of curiosities, and at least one prophecy, plus the 2nd Skelly gift.  Everything else accomplished, if not necessarily recognised.

Beautiful game.

Edit.  Not completed all the prophecies but made a good stab at them.  

• 2 weeks later...

Think I'm now done. Just got the last achievement which did take me a while. Harsh conditions it was. Only have 6 prophecies left so may just dip in now and then to work on those and maybe push for a heat 32 run. 

Amazing game had a very enjoyable 110 hrs out of it. 

This is far and away my game of the year so far.  I’ve unlocked all the hidden weapon aspects and have been having amazing fun with the Excalibur aspect, very slow but the damage is ridiculous. Sticking Artemis on attack and Aphro on special for the heart rend duo, whacking down the damage reduction aura and walloping all comers for up to 6k crits just doesn’t get old 😀