IGNORED

Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

I'm never going to see the true epilogue. 

Have over 30 clears including 8 in a row. Still not unlocked the companions or anything though, might need to Google how to get them. I have just been playing the game naturally. Im struggling to fill the prophecies, nothing new seems to be available when picking uogrades/boons. 

7 minutes ago, Ry said:

Im struggling to fill the prophecies, nothing new seems to be available when picking uogrades/boons.

Are you planning your early picks? Use the codex to view the God whose boons, Duos or Legendary Boon you are missing, then view their boon list (it's a keypress off their main page), then look at the boon you're missing (it'll show a scroll). That will tell you what prior boons you need to have first in order to be offered that boon at all.

Legendary boons often require you to get one boon that is itself 'secondary' - you have to get Boon A, then that allows you to get Boon B which is a requirement for the legendary boon. Then there might be another, general boon.

On Switch, you can get to the list in two keypresses when choosing boons, so it's not that fiddly to check.

And don't forget to equip the charm for the God whose boon you're chasing, so you start early on with that God's boons.

2 minutes ago, smac said:

Are you planning your early picks? Use the codex to view the God whose boons, Duos or Legendary Boon you are missing, then view their boon list (it's a keypress off their main page), then look at the boon you're missing (it'll show a scroll). That will tell you what prior boons you need to have first in order to be offered that boon at all.

Legendary boons often require you to get one boon that is itself 'secondary' - you have to get Boon A, then that allows you to get Boon B which is a requirement for the legendary boon. Then there might be another, general boon.

On Switch, you can get to the list in two keypresses when choosing boons, so it's not that fiddly to check.

And don't forget to equip the charm for the God whose boon you're chasing, so you start early on with that God's boons.

Yeah, been doing all that. 

I'm missing the odd one or two in certain prophicies so I'm just imagining they are rare or linked to Duos. 

Oh, and watch out - some prophecies/boons are dependent on you having the right bonus from the mirror - I forget the name, but for example the one where you can have either one resurrection per room with less regen, or one resurrection per run wth more regen. Think that might have been a prophecy related to Charon's store.

4 minutes ago, smac said:

Oh, and watch out - some prophecies/boons are dependent on you having the right bonus from the mirror - I forget the name, but for example the one where you can have either one resurrection per room with less regen, or one resurrection per run wth more regen. Think that might have been a prophecy related to Charon's store.

Yep, this one caught me out for ages until I looked up how to get it.

On 21/09/2021 at 09:46, Nate Dogg III said:

Achilles sets the whole hidden aspect thing off so make sure you talk to him at every opportunity. Think you need to have invested a certain amount levelling up the existing aspects first but I assume after 70 hours you've got that sorted already.

Yeah they've all got Titan Blood invested in them. It seems Achilles is not my biggest fan. 

Spoiler

Waiting for his bloody companion, for him to piss off to Patroclus and for him to give me the hidden aspect!

2 hours ago, phillv85 said:

Yeah they've all got Titan Blood invested in them. It seems Achilles is not my biggest fan. 

Hide contents

Waiting for his bloody companion, for him to piss off to Patroclus and for him to give me the hidden aspect!

You don't get Achilles' 

Spoiler

companion

until you complete a couple of sidequests and other 

Spoiler

companions,

IIRC.

5 hours ago, Jamie John said:

You don't get Achilles' 

Reveal hidden contents

companion

until you complete a couple of sidequests and other 

Reveal hidden contents

companions,

IIRC.

Ok, so Achilles finally gave me the spear. I got the shield one shortly after. As for Achilles’ story….

Spoiler

Achilles and Patroclus are doing a lot of talking about each other and Dusa has said I should help so I’m guessing it’s going to pop soon. Every time I think it’s about to happen he’s not bloody there. Anyway, I am content pushing for the rest of the Aspects for now, hopefully Achilles and Patroclus will say the right things during this. I need to keep getting to the bloody bull anyway now so we’ll see.

@phillv85

If memory serves, you need first to have 

Spoiler

completed Sisyphus' and Orpheus and Eurydice's sidequests before you can reunite Achilles and Patroclus, so it'll probably take a while. It was the last sidequest I completed apart from the epilogue, I believe. Have a look at the codex - if there is a heart with a lock on it for both Achilles and Patroclus then you've maxed them out for the time being and won't be able to give them any more nectar/ambrosia, so you just need to focus on other stuff for a while.

As Benny says above,

10 hours ago, Benny said:

The answer to most of these questions in Hades is usually "keep playing".

I have not even unlocked a single weapon hidden aspect yet. Or a companion. 

I have put in about 60 hours so far as well!

I wanted to just play naturally but I think I'm going to have to Google some shit. 

Going to have to post some photos later and get your answers because there's a few things that are baffling me. 

Also, do I need to get the heat 32 challenge from Skelly to get something? I had done the previous 2 but 32 is a tall ask. 

Companions are easy - you just have to get someone to really, really, like you!

Spoiler

I.e. you need to max out their hearts in the Codex, then do something extra to seal the deal. Maybe just bribe them with a big bottle of ambrosia/nectar (not the small one, the big one you get for boss fights).

I don't know if some Gods have different triggers to get the companion - I have Meg's, Skelly's and Thanatos'); I think some have different ways to build up hearts other than nectar.

Did I say easy? I meant long-winded and expensive.

I finally saw credits today. Took 10 clears, not sure if this is always the case or it can be done in fewer clears. I had nearly 40 attempts. It has been a while since I like anything this much. I actually think the dialogue is kind of bad. But there is so much of it. And the voice acting is unbelievable. I just enjoy hearing people talk in this game. There’s just something about sound design in the voices. It is pleasing to hear people speak. I can’t quite tell why. I keep accepting things from my children or wife “in the name of hades!”. They don’t get the joke. 

Took me 45 attempts before I finally escaped! I would have done it sooner but for some reason I thought Death Defiance maxed out at one resurrection so had been use the other aspect of once per room.  Wasn’t until I reset all my Darkness that I released my mistake.

28 minutes ago, Oz said:

I struggle to understand the point of the death defiance alternative. Who would ever?

It's quite useful when you're still learning the game as it regenerates once per encounter, so if you die quite often to regular enemies, like in Elysium, it can save your bacon and then replenish in the next room, unlike the standard DD. By the time you're hitting redacted regularly, however, and you're likely to die more than once per encounter, it loses its benefits.

I am so glad I didn’t play this until now. Ps5 version on my oled has been incredible. I ended up buying it on the switch and that would have been a shame to play it that way. Still good but not perfect like this version.

9 hours ago, Fondue said:

Any tips on how to stop playing this game? 

I've managed to escape 3 times (from about 41 runs I think) and the game is still revealing new stuff. I found I could 'borrow' from Charon tonight. That didn't go well.... 

Do nearly everything in the game worked for me. 

On 24/09/2021 at 23:26, Jamie John said:

It's quite useful when you're still learning the game as it regenerates once per encounter, so if you die quite often to regular enemies, like in Elysium, it can save your bacon and then replenish in the next room, unlike the standard DD. By the time you're hitting redacted regularly, however, and you're likely to die more than once per encounter, it loses its benefits.

There was a point where if I lost a couple of death defiances anywhere the run was toast as soon as I met redacted, but I am on a 13 win run and the most I have lost is one life. 

The thinking seems to be it regains advantages on high heat, where normal encounters can become a lot more deadly whereas the bosses will have patterns extremely well known to you.

Started playing this again on Xbox having done so on Switch. Never completed it last time although got to the final world a few times.

Turned on God Mode just to take the edge off. Got through the first boss after about 4 runs and on my 11th or this morning just smashed through the second for the first time and then all the way through the third and into the forth. Only picked it up for a quick run but was nice and methodical and just destroying everything. Then panicked as usual with the new stuff and died quickly.

It's just such great compulsive gaming