IGNORED

Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

I reached 8 skulls and got an amazing reward.😀 One thing I think is sorely missing so far is the ability to actually visit the cottage after completing the main campaign. I was hoping for an animal crossing style game to unlock over there. 

E60406C2-D1F9-4815-B3DF-47E41947DE78.jpeg

I think essentially higher rarity increases the minimum base value and potential maximum a stat can be, then the level update increases through those possible values.

Yup. It's normally better to go for boons that increase rarity at beginning of the run and ones which increase levels later. I always get the increase rarity potion from Eurydice for example.

Know that increasing levels beyond about level 3 provides diminishing returns very quickly, however; if you've got something to level 2 or 3 already then it's normally better to increase its rarity rather than its level, if you're given the chance.

1 minute ago, Oz said:

Thanks gentlemen. Do you guys think I will reach a point where I am able to play this other game I paid 60 pounds for? 

Not until you've got the 1000G, no. Sorry.

Had my first serious attempt with the bow and absolutely blasted through it!

Got lucky with two hammers though so not sure if it is always this good. 

went with the rapid fire and the 200% damage for long range 

5 hours ago, X_2_0 said:

Had my first serious attempt with the bow and absolutely blasted through it!

Got lucky with two hammers though so not sure if it is always this good. 

went with the rapid fire and the 200% damage for long range 

I feel the bow can potentially be the most over powered weapon in the game. 

I have had runs where I just use a homing special constantly and decimated everything in milliseconds. 

Pretty sure I got my fastest run of 16 mins with it. 

25 minutes ago, Ry said:

I feel the bow can potentially be the most over powered weapon in the game. 

I have had runs where I just use a homing special constantly and decimated everything in milliseconds. 

Pretty sure I got my fastest run of 16 mins with it. 

16 mins! That’s amazing I’m currently around 32.

Bow with aspect of Chiron + Relentless Volley + Concentrated Volley can be insanely overpowered. Think I've managed a 16/17 minute run with it, not sure what heat level though.

So I feel like I'm missing something - or possibly I've just overdone my playtime on the game.

I've cleared five times now but I rarely feel like I'm properly stacking the upgrades to get seriously powerful - with Aspect of Chiron for example it was pretty workmanlike, I had the special inflicting Doom and a weak-inflicting attack; even with Relentless Volley it wasn't that great. I generally do get through to old buddy redacted, but it's 70/30 in favour of me getting wrecked. 

Any top tips? What does your choice of Mirror talents look like? Should I be exclusively using a dash-strike, like RPS thinks I should?

Last set of mirror talents related:

Spoiler

Do you generally use the "choose another boon" talent or the "choose a different next chamber" talent?

And what about Epic percentage vs Legendary percentage? I'm using Epic because legendaries really don't come up that often no matter what.

I find that combinations with duo boons on top work best.

E.g. Festive fog + the duo boon with Demeter that makes the fog inflict chill + duo boon with zeus for lightning in the fog can clean whole rooms in seconds. 

Similarly, a fast attacking weapon aspect will get more from an attack boon like zeuses, than something like ares' Doom boon. Weak is a good general one to apply as it gives the best base damage buff. You want to also look for secondary boons that buff the duration and impact of curses too; e.g. Ones that spread to other enemies or cause secondary effects. 

Also, chaos boons and daedalus hammers can have a huge impact so I would always go for them too. 

For the reason above, I got for the Legendary / duo boon boost over epics. Equipping a gods trinket too massively ups the rarity of the boons offered - so you'll see a lot more legendaries that way. 

I tend to go with the reroll boons option over the reroll chamber rewards, as I find it's more useful on most runs. 

I can't remember what they are called, but you can only get them from that ability, and from cthonic key chamber rewards once you've purchased the dungeon upgrade for it from the house contractor. 

Edit - just checked the wiki and they seem to be called Fated Authority / Fated Persuasion (the same as the abilities). 

40 minutes ago, Polmon said:

I can't remember what they are called, but you can only get them from that ability, and from cthonic key chamber rewards once you've purchased the dungeon upgrade for it from the house contractor. 

Edit - just checked the wiki and they seem to be called Fated Authority / Fated Persuasion (the same as the abilities). 

Ah, that name gave me enough to go on to google it myself, thanks. It refreshes each run LOL! I thought I would be spending something precious.

Hah - just opened the game to check what that was - last played 30 June; I'm cured! Hades addiction gone!

But I don't have that hidden aspect; nor the twin fists! Now I need to go back in and play some more! Oh, noes!

30 runs in, 7 clears now. Will start to increase the heat a bit and concentrate on getting some achievements. Need to work out how to unlock the hidden aspects - I'm guessing more conversations with other characters?

Also, should you only give out nectar to each character once?

I think I'm enjoying it more than I did when I first played it on the Switch.

1 hour ago, Boothjan said:

I'm guessing more conversations with other characters?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Boothjan said:

Also, should you only give out nectar to each character once?

Give everyone one bottle first of all to unlock their trinket, then give them all as much nectar as possible, whenever you see them. Especially prioritise people you only see rarely (Thanatos, Sisyphus, Eurydice, etc.).

You'll have enough gems to just buy the nectar from the merchant before too long.

Is there much use in constantly changing up trinkets? 

I tend to go with the butterfly first because at least in Tarturus I'm much better at avoiding all damage, sometimes for Asphodel too and then by Elysium I'll take Skelly's tooth because I just figure an extra life is useful. My assumption is that the butterfly means that the damage stacks I can get early on will set me up for much later.  

But that said I just did a run with the bow during which, for the first time I felt like I had enough synergy between boons to feel overpowered. 

The aspect where you fire an attack, it then makes the special home all its shots on the one target. Then a bunch of boons for special that just stacked up together and you could just tag an enemy once with attack, and hammer special for Massive Damage™ 

Completely burned through redacted fast which mitigated the fact that I'm really awful at avoiding their damage and I left with a few death defiances intact so I guess - Skelly's tooth was a waste at that point. 

Just can't stop playing this though. I haven't had very much time for gaming lately, maybe an hour tops after work and before I have to make dinner, or perhaps a little bit of time in the morning before work. So this is perfect and I just don't put any time into anything else. I guess that's fine if I'm having fun! 

1 hour ago, Schnibbles said:

My experience with the Pierced Butterfly is that if you change to another trinket, you lose the damage bonus benefit it provides. Which makes it a bit pointless.

Oh ffs I'm a fool. I had a sneaking suspicion about that. I think that really ruins the fun of trinket choice, but after the last run I had it's funny to think I'd have had another 20% damage on top of the already overpowered feeling. I think I might stick with it again. You can usually get through the most of the first two zones with no damage so we're already talking 10%-20% general damage bonus thereafter, which feels pretty good. 

I generally take an Olympian God trinket for Tartarus and then one for the next god I need for my prospective build in Asphodel. Rarely I'll want a specific third Olympian so I often take the Pom Blossom for Elysium onward. That's my lazy standard.