IGNORED

Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

I'm trying to finish of some the side quests and it's getting a little frustrating to be honest. I've a few instances of needing dialogue to trigger in order to earn favours and it's not happening. I've done a few runs which have felt a little wasted when none of the side stuff progressed. I'm trying to fight Asterius on his own for instance and it keeps giving me that damn butterfly ball. :angry:

One more run should get me the epilogue, but I’m still far off doing somethings.

Spoiler

Posidens fishing challenge, I’ve never caught a rare fish, something to do with timing apparently.  I haven’t even had Ares challenge yet, and I need that for an achievement, plus I’ve still got to beat the boatman twice in a row. 

On the plus side though I’ve beaten  A 16 heat run so I’ve dropped the difficulty back down now to clear up the last few tasks.

To make the fishing easier, it apparently bobs a maximum of 4 times. So if you're not getting the timing down in general, at least you know if it's done 3 bobs that the next one is always it, and can pounce quickly.

5 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

To make the fishing easier, it apparently bobs a maximum of 4 times. So if you're not getting the timing down in general, at least you know if it's done 3 bobs that the next one is always it, and can pounce quickly.

Thanks! That’s a really helpful tip. When I looked online it just said it needs to be as quick as possible. 

Fired it up for the first time in months, spent a couple of hours playing it with the daughter on her save. Escaped on my first run back through with a relatively cheesy Zeus/Arty cast build but yeah, this game is still absolutely wonderful isn’t it?  Just kinda bummed there’s no cross save between Xbox and PC/Switch as I’d get back into it big time for the achievements.  

• 1 month later...
On 17/08/2021 at 19:48, Bushtopher said:

In addition to the Robert Graves tome already mentioned, I really enjoyed the Stephen Fry book Mythos, which is a retelling of Greek myths. More accessible than the Graves book for sure, and a good read. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B071CN6W7T/

Weird bump, but I've just started this after getting through some of my reading pile of shame. I just finished a very funny book on calculus and was worried this would be dry but, oh boy, nothing could be further from the truth. It's Stephen Fry as you might imagine him sitting there and just explaining Greek mythology to you, with his usual wit.

I'm only 10 pages in and have learned why Morpheus in The Matrix is named as such, and I also figured out why Nvidia (as in GPUs) is named as such - when they introduced Nemesis, he noted that the Roman spelling was Invidia, the word for envy. I was like... surely that's where they got it... and a quick trip to the nvidia wiki entry confirms, sure enough, that's where the founders got the name, because they had a bunch of files with NV in them (next version) and so looked for cool words with NV in it.

Anyway, a belated thanks for the recommendation! Was also thrilled to see he's since written other books, about the Greek heroes, etc.