rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
stefcha

Playstation Store January sale, started already!

26 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

Is Ridge Racer Ultimate Edition on Vita still a shit Ridge Racer at £3.99?

If you treat it as a time attack game, then it's OK. It handles really well, and looks lovely. It's nice to play, but in terms of structure, it's absolute dogshit, possibly one of the most confusing and poorly-implemented full-price games I've ever played. It's probably worth £3.99, but that said, I've had it on my Vita for years and I can't think of many occasions when I would play RR Vita over RR PSP (which is brilliant, and is £3.29 if you don't own it already).

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, K said:

If you treat it as a time attack game, then it's OK. It handles really well, and looks lovely. It's nice to play, but in terms of structure, it's absolute dogshit, possibly one of the most confusing and poorly-implemented full-price games I've ever played. It's probably worth £3.99, but that said, I've had it on my Vita for years and I can't think of many occasions when I would play RR Vita over RR PSP (which is brilliant, and is £3.29 if you don't own it already).

The PSP game is no longer available. £3.29 is the base version of the Vita game without all the DLC. Pay the extra £0.70.

Just now, gossi the dog said:

The PSP game is no longer available. £3.29 is the base version of the Vita game without all the DLC. Pay the extra £0.70.

Whoops. That's a real shame if you can no longer buy it.

Probably worth £3.99 then. Plus, it comes with an exciting metagame of downloading 20,000 individual pieces of DLC.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, rafaqat said:

Rez Infinite for £12. I don't think it's been cheaper than that has it?

Man, I just bought that at full price.

Still worth every penny. I mean, it was cheaper than the Dreamcast copy I bought ages ago and has more content AND I can play it in VR.

2 hours ago, Luseth said:

Might pick up Dark Cloud / Dark Chronicle, do they have trophies and all that or are they just versions of the original games?

Does it matter? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

27 minutes ago, nakamura said:

Does it matter? 

Yes because I already have the PS2 versions of the games and a PS2 set up....

So I wanted to know if they are the exact same versions of the games....

There is no point spending money on them if they are exactly the same versions, if they have the trophies then to me it's worth spending a few quid on.

So if they didn't have them it wouldn't deny me playing "great" games, it would "save" me spending £8 pounds ish

3 hours ago, Luseth said:

Might pick up Dark Cloud / Dark Chronicle, do they have trophies and all that or are they just versions of the original games?

All of the PS2 on PS4 games have trophies but if you're playing it again you might want to check how much of a pain they are to get before jumping in.

4 hours ago, Luseth said:

Yup. All of those releases support Trophies.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, smac said:

All EDF's are, by definition, however janky the graphics.

Sadly not true. Insect Armageddon is a bit rubbish.

Is it? Dang.

I even loved GDF on a PS2, and that had a framerate down in single digits when it came to spidergeddon time.

On the other hand, it opened with you blowing up Parliament with a rocker launcher while fighting giant ants, so after that I forgave it anything.

I mean, you didn't have to blow it up, but somehow that always seemed to happen...

How are Final Fantasy 6 and SOTN on Vita? Half tempted by Final Fantasy X too.

PS4-wise, Tales of Berseria looks good at £12.99 too. Some great Japanese deals really- the Nonary Games (£12.99) and Zero Time Dilemma (£8.99) are fantastic.

Steamworld games look good value too. 88 Heroes is down to £2.39 too, so might give that a go.

3 hours ago, smac said:

Is it? Dang.

Different dev, an American one who tried to make it more appealing to western audiences by, errr, taking out everything that makes those games fun. All the Sandlot EDFs are great however 

1 hour ago, Osito said:

How are Final Fantasy 6 and SOTN on Vita? Half tempted by Final Fantasy X too.

PS4-wise, Tales of Berseria looks good at £12.99 too. Some great Japanese deals really- the Nonary Games (£12.99) and Zero Time Dilemma (£8.99) are fantastic.

Steamworld games look good value too. 88 Heroes is down to £2.39 too, so might give that a go.

Final Fantasy 6 is the PS1 port of the SNES game right? If so I think there’s a bit of loading when you access the menu, but other than that acceptable. Nowhere near as bad as Chrono Trigger.

Edit: they’ll be the PAL bordered 50hz versions. Avoid.