PS2 Appreciation Thread

1 hour ago, RastanSaga said:

Heys guys x

Any good gun games that are playable with a normal controller...

I have a crt, so could use a g con or something compatible, but the last time I played the original Virtua cop games on Saturn, I thought I got more enjoyment out of them for using a pad. Feel free to change my mind though :)

In the PS1 games, you had to be able to play everything with a standard controller, is that not the case for PS2?

I vaguely remember Endgame using the controller, but that might have just been because I was playing an early version. 

I have a G-Con 2 I have no use for, if you wanna buy it?

21 hours ago, RastanSaga said:

Heys guys x

I have a crt, so could use a g con or something compatible, but the last time I played the original Virtua cop games on Saturn, I thought I got more enjoyment out of them for using a pad. Feel free to change my mind though :)

I’m pretty sure all the PS2 light gun games can be played with a standard controller.

I’ve fired up my ps2 for the first time in about 7 years or so last night and been playing Siren for the first time. It’s hard slow and clunky but it’s quite the survival horror game indeed. 

I remember my official pad pad giving me me jip before and had the fun of playing a game like this while occasional random button presses interfered like a poltergeist. Tried talking it apart to look but I can’t really see what’s wrong with it. I have another pad but that one is an unofficial one which works ok but some of the buttons are a bit sticky on action and aren’t reliable unless pressed hard. Might need to get another pad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2020 at 21:15, RastanSaga said:

Heys guys x

Have you tried Point Blank, Point Blank 2 and Point Blank 3?  These are for the original PlayStation but are fully compatible with PS2

EDIT: Or Time Crisis (again for the original PlayStation but works on PS2).  Or the sequels Time Crisis 2 (someone else mentioned this) or Time Crisis 3.

I'm not sure if any of these are playable with a normal controller, but they are light gun games.

• 2 weeks later...