IGNORED

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (2019)

Stanley

10 minutes ago, denisb said:

Even that's too difficult on the two levels . I think runrunrun needs you to be able to fly so mario or peach 

You don't need to be able to fly on Run For It, it's just hard. And you need to time the jumps over the moving walls at the end pretty well, a spin in the air can help.

EDIT: Man alive I've just google videos and everybody is using a flying suit which makes it really easy! Took me ages as standard Mario.

• 1 year later...
On 20/03/2019 at 14:35, denisb said:

I’ve unlocked and nearly completed the star roads levels  except two 

run for it and pendulum swing is there any cheats I can input as they are doing my head in almost to the same levels as super mario used to on the nes when I was a kid I’m sick of dead legging myself in frustration I’m 48 not 13 

You just need to do it the same way you would have back then. Leave it for a couple of weeks then fluke it first time.

• 8 months later...

I played this to death in the WiiU and thought it was the best 2d Mario created. It came up in the latest online sale for the Switch so I purchased again and my opinion is still the same. A fantastic tour de force of a game with so much content ideas and hidden depth. I really hope they've got another 2d Mario in development.

• 1 year later...

Got around to playing and finishing this (inc all the coins, with limited cheating) - it’s fairly polished but pretty bland, uninspired and forgettable, sadly. A couple of the secrets could have done with a bit more signposting to prevent the need for said cheating.

It’s better than NSMB2 but that’s not saying much - I wish I’d spent my time replaying one of the SMB1-3/SMW/NSMB instead.

I hope they have some better ideas when they next dust off the corpse of 2D Mario.

4 hours ago, Halo said:

Got around to playing and finishing this (inc all the coins, with limited cheating) - it’s fairly polished but pretty bland, uninspired and forgettable, sadly. A couple of the secrets could have done with a bit more signposting to prevent the need for said cheating.

It’s better than NSMB2 but that’s not saying much - I wish I’d spent my time replaying one of the SMB1-3/SMW/NSMB instead.

I hope they have some better ideas when they next dust off the corpse of 2D Mario.

Yeah I'm a huge 2D Mario guy and I didn't love it nearly as much as some. It's fine, and when the challenge picks up towards the end it's much better than that, but what comes before it just pretty safe, bland Mario. I don't think playing it after the absolutely sublime Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze helped a huge amount either.