Coming 2 America - Amazon Prime

That was excellent, we laughed and smiled all the way through. Clearly a cast having a brilliant time, and that heart shone through. Easy 4/5 from me. Great music too.

And yes, Snipes was fucking brilliant, and neither he, Murphy or Arsenio have aged a damn day.

It was watchable.

Leslie Jones was as terrible as always but wasn’t in it much luckily.

Of course, Wesley Snipes stole every scene and the son was a decent addition.

Would have been better if it had been American centred rather than being 90% in a big house. Just seemed to be low budget and claustrophobic at times.

Thought this was a pretty much 7/10 film. Starts well then dips a bit in the middle before a pretty good ending. 

Very much a reunion tour feel to it - they play the greatest hits and send you home happy. 

On 06/03/2021 at 15:33, Stigweard said:

This was so poor, a series or tired call backs and repeat jokes and whilst those were great the first time around I don't need to see literal flashbacks to them. It just didn't work bringing an American into Zamunda as well as it did the other way. The first has some great fish out of water moments and heart whereas this felt cheap and more like a parody in comparison. I thibknid have preferred seeing the whole royal family go to America and deal with a 21st Century US.

I also really dislike how different Akeem was. It just didn't seem to fit the character he grew into in by the end of the 1st film. He's just gone back to the lazy patriarchal stereotype.

It raised a few chuckles but certainly didn't pass the 6 laugh test. I'm so disappointed in how this turned out. It was really corny and not in a good way.

Even nostalgia couldn't save it for me. I don't think watching the 1st two days prior helped on that front either as it just showed this film up so much.

2/5

This is pretty much how I felt. Some okay moments and Wesley Snipes was great, but for the most part this was firmly in the shadow of the first film. It wasn't terrible, but a distinct 2/5 for me too. It felt more like a reunion sketch for Comic Relief (or a similar telethon type thing) rather than a film in it's own right. 

52 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

This is pretty much how I felt. Some okay moments and Wesley Snipes was great, but for the most part this was firmly in the shadow of the first film. It wasn't terrible, but a distinct 2/5 for me too. It felt more like a reunion sketch for Comic Relief (or a similar telethon type thing) rather than a film in it's own right. 

Yes thats exactly it, especially with the random singer cameos in it. 

• gospvg changed the title to Coming 2 America - Amazon Prime

Hmm well we made it an hour through and then bailed.  The odd good moment but felt like I was just watching it for the sake of it. If it had been a stand alone film I don’t think I would’ve lasted more than 20 mins. 

I am an exhausted dad with very little time mind, so I do have to be ruthless with tv...