Have you ever completely mastered a game?

Oh, another one.  Stunt Car Racer on the Amiga.  Mastered all the circuits to the point where I could pull G's around corners that increased the crack length (fnarr) that showed whether the car was about to fall apart to the point where I could finish the race with it on >95%.

Damn, that was a great game.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Plissken said:

Oh, another one.  Stunt Car Racer on the Amiga.  Mastered all the circuits to the point where I could pull G's around corners that increased the crack length (fnarr) that showed whether the car was about to fall apart to the point where I could finish the race with it on >95%.

Damn, that was a great game.

Yes, yes it was.

• Upvote 1

That's another game where you don't remember the framerate being THAT bad when you fire it up nowadays.

Knights of The sky is another, I loved that game so much, played it nearly every day for ages and the framerate was definitely part of the experience. It felt like you were slowing the whole world down and just getting lost in your imagination, because it was back when you still had to use it for games like that. Just big blocks and dots, flat angular clouds.

I don't think I've mastered any game.

• Upvote 1
On 19/01/2019 at 17:31, Masu said:

Mario Kart (SNES) - years later but again my step Dad and me sat and played it obsessively for months- often joined by my mum or sister when they felt the need to force us to play in 1/4 screen :quote:. Not that we could complain, we were hoarding the main TV!

What? SNES was only 2 player. Do you mean 64?

I don't think I've every mastered a game. Recently I managed to 1CC Nex Machina and that single session (I put it down after that) got me into the top 100 scores. But I am well off mastery. I can only chain the humans into the middle of world 2.