Jump to content
rllmuk
papalazarou

Ghostbusters -Afterlife

Recommended Posts

On 24/01/2020 at 11:28, Hanzo the Razor said:

It's going to be shit. Let's face it.

 

I predict its going to surprise everyone, as everyone is expecting it to be shit.

 

The film won't change the world... but the people involved with it are stella - and I suspect have a decent take on why we need another GB film with this cast.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Closer look at the ghost from the trailer:

 

BBBF5710-F326-4ABF-A20D-D9E9CA72FE47.thumb.jpeg.674193a3662f4973429dcbd47e1b735b.jpeg

 

Plus: 


spacer.png

 

£99 from Zavvi

 

And they’re rereleasing the 80’s Kenner figures £17 each on Zavvi or Star Action Figures doing the lot for £90.

 

spacer.png

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Closer look at the ghost from the trailer:

 

 

 

 

 

 

And they’re rereleasing the 80’s Kenner figures £17 each on Zavvi or Star Action Figures doing the lot for £90.

 

spacer.png

 

Hope they do more like the Fright Features one but have to get them I reckon.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£17 each! Reminds me of seeing the original He-Man figures that were re-released and for sale in forbidden planet. I was going to buy one for my son... they were TWENTY FIVE QUID EACH!!!!!!

 

 

(I might get Marshmallow Man as my son plays with my original Real Ghostbusters figures, including the Fire Station and the Slimer that spits out slime, but he doesn’t have Marshmallow Man! I hope they re-release the Ecto-1 and Ecto-2, they go for a fortune now!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, gone fishin' said:

£17 each! Reminds me of seeing the original He-Man figures that were re-released and for sale in forbidden planet. I was going to buy one for my son... they were TWENTY FIVE QUID EACH!!!!!!

 

 

(I might get Marshmallow Man as my son plays with my original Real Ghostbusters figures, including the Fire Station and the Slimer that spits out slime, but he doesn’t have Marshmallow Man! I hope they re-release the Ecto-1 and Ecto-2, they go for a fortune now!)

 

Yeah but the 2nd hand prices for the original are going for £50+ for the 4 Ghostbusters, plus broken proton streams are common. Its expensive but man I really want them again from my childhood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yakumo said:

 

Hope they do more like the Fright Features one but have to get them I reckon.

 

I can't afford the set and the sculpts aren't great so I went for Egon & Ray, will keep them packaged for nostalgia. The Fright Features line was better overall - would definitely be tempted to go for the full set of those if they release them next year. They've brought the Fright Features name back for toys from the new film.

 

It's hard to tell how common these reissued figures will be - so better to be over-cautious with pre-orders.

 

This DST Egon figure released last January is going for £150-200 now. They retailed at £25. I owned one and sold it for £50... kind of regret that now as it's a good figure. Should've bought two.

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

 

I can't afford the set and the sculpts aren't great so I went for Egon & Ray, will keep them packaged for nostalgia. The Fright Features line was better overall - would definitely be tempted to go for the full set of those if they release them next year. They've brought the Fright Features name back for toys from the new film.

 

It's hard to tell how common these reissued figures will be - so better to be over-cautious with pre-orders.

 

This DST Egon figure released last January is going for £150-200 now. They retailed at £25. I owned one and sold it for £50... kind of regret that now as it's a good figure. Should've bought two.

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

Yeah it was the Egon and the crazy price it commands which put me off starting to get them. Its a nice figure but its only £25 nice if that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The proton packs seem to be going for bonkers money. There’s a pair of them in the loft at my folk’s house that have repeatedly dodged the carboot over the years. I think they even have the boxes and pool noodle that hangs out of the end too. A sobering thought that my nest egg could end up being some plastic tut I had when I was four.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

The proton packs seem to be going for bonkers money. There’s a pair of them in the loft at my folk’s house that have repeatedly dodged the carboot over the years. I think they even have the boxes and pool noodle that hangs out of the end too. A sobering thought that my nest egg could end up being some plastic tut I had when I was four.


I still have the old proton pack in good nick, so I’ve preordered that new spengler wand, and hopefully the sale of one will cancel out the other. 
 

I’m going to spend an obscene amount on Ghostbusters tat this year, but... when are we going to get Ghostbusters 3 again?

 

Also a few years ago I sold dozens of my old RGB toys - 2 large boxes worth of figures and vehicles including the firehouse with sign, stickers and original box... flogged them as a job lot for £100... I think I may have fucked up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just brought back great memories for me mentioning the firehouse. The ghostbusters toys were definitely my favourite as a child.

 

The way you could pour the slime in the top vent and watch it ooze down into the whole building, the wobbly firemans pole, and big red doors at the front, which would always fly off, when you used to throw ecto-1 through them at high speed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.