IGNORED

Ghostbusters -Afterlife

papalazarou

Just been to see it a second time, and still loved it. I think my favourite part is the Muncher car chase, it really has some weight to it compared with other CGI chase sequences (I'm not sure if the car itself was CGI. It didn't seem like it).

• 2 weeks later...

There's a Ghostbusters collection coming out for the fans containing all the Ghostbusters movies including Afterlife.

https://hd-report.com/2021/12/22/ghostbusters-8-disc-ultimate-collection-releasing-feb-1-2022/

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has packaged three Ghostbusters movies into the Ultimate Collection releasing February 1, 2022. The 8-disc collection releases day-and-date with Ghostbusters: Afterlife on Blu-ray and 4k Blu-ray.

The collection includes Ghostbusters (1984), Ghostbusters II (1989), and Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021), as well as a Special Features disc and Making Ghostbusters disc.

Ghostbusters-Ultimate-Collection-4k-Blu-

1 hour ago, Fierce Poodle said:

FTFY

Well the temptation was there but I would say that wouldn't I.

I think Sony has made a rod for it's own back there in regards to future challenging film projects in that actors will be forewarned by how they've treated the cast of  Answer the Call that they will leave their actors out to fend for themselves if they get heat from certain quarters.

2 hours ago, AstroBot said:

I’ve softened towards the 2016 version but it’s still a prolonged Saturday night live sketch based on ghostbusters and not very good regardless of casting. Calling it a challenging film project is laughable.

I think other projects along the same lines would be seen as challenging now.

In any case what's done is done, we can re-litigate Answer the Call in the other thread.

I don’t think I really understand why the CGI return of a long dead actor in Star Wars Rogue One was fine, but the CGI cameo in this is so offensive to people. I thought it was very tastefully done.

Plus, not only did his family and friends give it the all clear

Spoiler

he was deliberately designed to look like an older Egon Spengler, not an older Harold Ramis, who’d changed a fair bit in appearance in his later years.

16 minutes ago, Zio said:

I don’t think I really understand why the CGI return of a long dead actor in Star Wars Rogue One was fine, but the CGI cameo in this is so offensive to people. I thought it was very tastefully done.

Plus, not only did his family and friends give it the all clear

Hide contents

he was deliberately designed to look like an older Egon Spengler, not an older Harold Ramis, who’d changed a fair bit in appearance in his later years.

And not speaking was crucial 

I quite enjoyed this. Whilst I do wish the script was slightly sharper, and it could have done with a bit more originality, it still hit me squarely in the nostalgia feels as designed. 

Really don’t know why 

Spoiler

Janine couldn’t have been the Grandmother though. They would have barely had to change the plot and it could have been a nice reveal at the end. 

1 hour ago, Fierce Poodle said:

I guarantee no one will be talking about this shitshow in a few years time.

It'll pop up in a 4:30pm slot next Christmas and people will go, "oh yeah - forgot about that".

14 hours ago, Fierce Poodle said:

I guarantee no one will be talking about this shitshow in a few years time.

I reckon they will be, there'll be a sequel along in a couple of years and then a couple of years after that the final part of the trilogy. 

They're probably negotiating for the likeness of the original cast so they can make an entirely CGI Ghostbusters 3 once they've all died.