IGNORED

Ghostbusters -Afterlife

papalazarou

53 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Can we not, you're not exactly helping with stuff like that.

I didn't mean it as a dig, and I suppose the makers may not have been cynical at all, but almost the religious reverence it has for the original for the original made me wonder if it really is a response to the 2016 movie.

5 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

They're probably negotiating for the likeness of the original cast so they can make an entirely CGI Ghostbusters 3 once they've all died.

You joke (I think) but I just find the whole act of CGI creations of deceased actors in really bad taste.

Spoiler

I haven't seen the film, but I know how it ends, and seen bad cam footage on YouTube. You can play the "it's what Harold Ramis would've wanted" card, but how do you know that? How do you know he didn't read the script and wondered why we're doing a remake of the first film and make them rewrite it?

I know a lot of people love this film, and fair play to them, but the CGI dead people.......I just can't get behind. :( 

I remember I got negged a bunch back when I said found how distasteful I found CGI Peter Cushing in a Rogue One. But I’m like you, I find the whole practice horrible.

Then it goes next level with shit like this.

spacer.png

Just urrrrgghhhh!

29 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I remember I got negged a bunch back when I said found how distasteful I found CGI Peter Cushing in a Rogue One. But I’m like you, I fine the whole practice horrible.

spacer.png

Just urrrrgghhhh!

Fuck me.

Afterlife respects the Harold Ramis, eh? 

7 hours ago, Harsin said:

I remember I got negged a bunch back when I said found how distasteful I found CGI Peter Cushing in a Rogue One. But I’m like you, I fine the whole practice horrible.

spacer.png

Just urrrrgghhhh!

Ah, reunited with his long lost son; Harry Potter

On 23/12/2021 at 23:17, Unofficial Who said:

Sony has made it pretty clear that they've listened to the fans and that Answer the Call isn't considered canon.

So technically "all of them." (I've added Paul Fieg's response in the Answer the Call thread.)

I never paid any attention to all the noise on it's release and have never understood why Answer The Call is so disliked as I thought it was very entertaining indeed.

It's a terminally unfunny comedy that relies on painful extended scenes of the actors desperately ad-ibbing like a two hour Ghostbusters themed episode of Who's Line is it Anyway until any vestige of humour in the original joke has long since dried up.

Seperate to the it also made incels rage and gansh their teeth because they decided to make the Ghostbusters women.

2 hours ago, Harsin said:

It's a terminally unfunny comedy that relies on painful extended scenes of the actors desperately ad-ibbing like a two hour Ghostbusters themed episode of Who's Line is it Anyway until any vestige of humour in the original joke has long since dried up.

This bit I wasn't fond of.

2 hours ago, Harsin said:

Seperate to the it also made incels rage and gansh their teeth because they decided to make the Ghostbusters women.

This bit I absolutely loved.

My big problems with it were:

1) That I didn't like the humour. From the first scene where they mention an "anti-Irish fence" I could tell the humour wasn't going to be my thing

2) That it felt like most of the connecting scenes had been cut, leaving half a film. Although maybe I wasn't paying attention because I just wasn't enjoying it. For example, the antagonist was in it for a couple of scenes at the beginning, then missing until the end, which meant that not only didn't I care about them or their nefarious plan, but I'd forgotten the character existed.

The cast were the only good thing about it, IMO. But just because I didn't like it doesn't mean I'm one of those knobs who want to pretend it doesn't exist. Acknowledging it as a Ghostbusters film doesn't mean that GB1 is suddenly less good. And it doesn't mean that just because I don't like it, I think other people shouldn't like it either.

4 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

The cast were the only good thing about it, IMO. But just because I didn't like it doesn't mean I'm one of those knobs who want to pretend it doesn't exist. Acknowledging it as a Ghostbusters film doesn't mean that GB1 is suddenly less good. And it doesn't mean that just because I don't like it, I think other people shouldn't like it either.

I totally agree with this, although in the context of Ghostbusters Afterlife, the 2016 movie took place in it's own universe, so you either make a sequel to the originals and act like the 2016 movie didn't happen, or you make a sequel to the 2016 movie and act like the originals didn't happen, or you just do something new. Although I do think they could at least be sticking it in these boxsets coming out (although they know are including it, albeit as a digital-only thing).

just watched Ghostbusters: afterlife...it was exactly what i expected...and that was just what i wanted/needed! it was like hugging a marshmallow!

23 hours ago, 5R7 said:

just watched Ghostbusters: afterlife...it was exactly what i expected...and that was just what i wanted/needed! it was like hugging a marshmallow!

Just watched this. Loved the scene in the supermarket... they were sooooo cute.

As for the film, it was good. Not the best thing ever, not bad. I've never seen the 2016 Ghostbusters.

On 07/01/2022 at 23:11, NexivRed said:

Because she shacks up with Moranis, not Ramis. 

Janine and Egon were more of a thing (though I don’t think they ever properly got together together that we knew… someone correct me) in the cartoon, and alluded to more in the comics.  But I’ve no idea where any of that sits with Afterlife canon!