rllmuk
papalazarou

Ghostbusters -Afterlife

13 hours ago, Gord said:

Bill Murray retired for 4 years after The Razors Edge flop.

He had a career revival in the mid-00’s but seems to have slipped back into semi-retirement, except for Jarmusch and Anderson movies. He was the best thing about The Dead Don’t Die - terrible movie tho.

Fuck me, The Life Aquatic is 15 years old. :o

The leaked title was legit.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2:30 min trailer is coming with Jumanji this week.

https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/ghostbusters-afterlife-filmtrailer

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE [Trailer A]

Type of media FilmTrailer

Approved Running time 2m 28s

Release date 10/07/2020

Director(s) Jason Reitman

Cut This work was passed uncut.

Cert:12A.

That's a long trailer for 8 months out. I am excited.

• Upvote 2

Yeah I guess Ghostbusters 3 would potentially turn off a fresh audience and Marvel have popularised the subtitle.

Real Ghostbusters is reserved for the Netflix reboot of the 80’s TV show following the success of the third movie. ;)

Just in case people haven’t seen it mentioned elsewhere or on Netflix, there is a rather lovely new series called The Movies That Made Us. The original Ghostbusters is one of the episodes :)

Die Hard, Dirty Dancing and Home Alone also feature.

22 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

It won't be good.

I think you’ll be proved wrong.

The pedigree behind the film is strong, and what’s more they understand and set out to honour the original.  

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

13 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

The pedigree behind the film is strong, and what’s more they understand and set out to honour the original.  

I think you'll convince yourself that I'm wrong.

14 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I think you'll convince yourself that I'm wrong.

People convince themselves a neverending stream of identikit superhero films are good, so anything’s possible.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, cassidy said:

And Ackroyd doesn't try to sell you his Vodka on it for a change. 

:lol:

Although, it is a very nice vodka to be fair.

Jason & Ivan Reitman wouldn’t have taken this on if they didn’t have a strong story.

They were making a CGI film and had promoted it repeatedly. They were also pursuing a series. They also had a dead GB3 script. The ATC cast were willing to make another. Sony had other options.

That they went with this demonstrates confidence in the concept. After Juno, Up in the Air and Tully - I have a lot of trust in Jason Reitman - this will at least have a strong human story at it’s centre.

In addition Ivan Reitman will be directing/producing by proxy, they have Murray, the original cast and Harold Ramis will feature - they dug out unused footage from the original filming and cast a dead ringer for Ramis - Egon will be in this movie and it won’t be uncanny valley CGI.

18 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Just have a bit of comedy, plenty of slime, and a gigantic ghost/statue of liberty at the end of the film, and you are onto a winner.

The last one tried that, but I don’t think you could call that a winner. Mind you, I don’t think you could call their ad-libbing comedy either.

1 hour ago, cohen205 said:

Just have a bit of comedy, plenty of slime, and a gigantic ghost/statue of liberty at the end of the film, and you are onto a winner.

I agree, creativity is dead.

Ugh so there were “insider” reports of the trailer dropping today - but the Mulan, Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman trailers are also arriving and so it may have been pushed. But then it supposedly is playing before Jumanji which is screening across the UK from Saturday. Fuck knows.

7 hours ago, grindmouse said:

We're ready to believe you.

• Upvote 2