rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Arn Ironjaw

retro achievements

Hi,

After spending the last nine hours or so downloading and configuring Retroarch on my pc i came across an option for this:-

https://retroachievements.org/

It basically adds achievements for games like you get on the xbox or ps4 but for emulated games!

I know it may not be everyones cup of tea but i like things like this so i created an account and have unlocked a couple of achievements so far. 

If anyone else has an account or makes one and fancies adding me, my profile can be found below:-

https://retroachievements.org/user/KidTrunks&g=15

• Upvote 3

I never knew this existed. +1 to @The Eagle Lord for the heads up.

Now I can see how bad I am at the classics, as opposed to just new stuff.

I've currently got a windows based MAME install, using Attract Mode as the front end. Will I need to replace Attract Mode with Retroarch or is there a plug in that'll work with what I've got?

18 minutes ago, cubik said:

I never knew this existed. +1 to @The Eagle Lord for the heads up.

Now I can see how bad I am at the classics, as opposed to just new stuff.

I've currently got a windows based MAME install, using Attract Mode as the front end. Will I need to replace Attract Mode with Retroarch or is there a plug in that'll work with what I've got?

RetroArch has an achievements menu to enter in your details, but you'll need to set up the account on the RA website itself. I use the separate emulators instead of RetroArch, myself.

3 minutes ago, NEG said:

RetroArch has an achievements menu to enter in your details, but you'll need to set up the account on the RA website itself. I use the separate emulators instead of RetroArch, myself.

Thanks for that, looks like I need to just give them a try - most (SNES, MD etc.) are self explanatory.

RALibreto is listed as "multi emulator" - Is this a replacement for MAME for arcade games?