My Time At Portia - £9.95 PS4/XB1 On Sale

CovisGod

Just a tip guys, go into settings and change the game speed to half, the days take twice as long allowing you to do more in a day. Also as soon as you can afford one buy a massage chair, sitting in it replenishes 3 stamina per second allowing you to fully replenish and carry on 3 times a day 

Ta, anymore tips? I had to give the mayor an item to throw from a plane for a festival, naturally I gave him a heap of shit!! He wasn’t impressed but it was

anyway my character is Marco, a Sri Lanken farmer exiled from his home nation for being gay. 

While I think some people might bounce off it I like the way it mostly forgoes tutorials for building a bridge and using that as a way to prompt you to figure things out yourself.

I think the data disc mechanism needs to be a bit more prominent though.

I really need to stop and go to bed

I wouldn't bother watching the Giant Bomb quick look. Abby has only played a few hours when they recorded it, appears to not have a clue and actually thinks there's not much to the game.

portia2.jpg

I'm a big fan of Stardew and this thread caught my attention. But one thing that bugs me is the art style, its simply not as charming and comes across quite barebones indie 3D style to me, plus the environments look bare. On the other hand the amount of stuff you can do sounds great, are you guys as invested in this as Stardew? How is it on grindy terms - I didn't find Stardew too grindy compared to Harvest Moon, which was one thing Stardew did really well. Is it different enough to stardew to make it worthwhile, because the gameplay loop sounds exactly the same.

3 hours ago, CovisGod said:

Last night I did the second farm upgrade giving me loads more space, built a barn and a stable, and now I'm saving up for a horse :)

I'll post some screenshot when I get home

Is that the second 15k for sale sign? I was holding off on that since the first one didn't give you much space at all but things are getting really tight now

3 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

I'm a big fan of Stardew and this thread caught my attention. But one thing that bugs me is the art style, its simply not as charming and comes across quite barebones indie 3D style to me, plus the environments look bare. On the other hand the amount of stuff you can do sounds great, are you guys as invested in this as Stardew? How is it on grindy terms - I didn't find Stardew too grindy compared to Harvest Moon, which was one thing Stardew did really well. Is it different enough to stardew to make it worthwhile, because the gameplay loop sounds exactly the same.

It looks pretty good, bit like BOTW 

The most money I've made so far was turning up for the fishing competition (I screwed up the first day - turns out you don't just turn up and start fishing - you need to approach the empty chair to activate the event. I spent the whole day fishing thinking I was participating, but wasn't. Had loads of fish to sell though.) But activating the event on the second day meant I caught better things that were worth just as much in a few hours (the competition only lasts 3 hours, but has a wider range of fish than the fishing spot normally would). I think I made well over 5 grand for those 2 days, which is pretty good so far. Just make sure you've made yourself a rod already and have plenty of caterpillars on you (I ran out with half an hour to spare on the 2nd day). I've not tried spending any other time fishing since, but potentially it seemed like a good way to earn quick cash.

2 hours ago, carlospie said:

Any early tips to make dosh? 

Go into the first abandoned ruins and mine stone until you run out of stamina. Use the stone to build stone stools. Repeat until you have enough. Fill in your time with contracts.

The progression in this game is lovely. The further you get the more stuff opens organically and the easier it gets to create the stuff that was once hard.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.02.03 - 21.30.33.31.jpg

13 hours ago, Flub said:

Is that the second 15k for sale sign? I was holding off on that since the first one didn't give you much space at all but things are getting really tight now

Yep, the 15k one really does give you a bit of room, hold off as long as you can but when you get the Quest to help the fella with his barn you're going to want a horse! So for me that was the 15k land upgrade, 10k for a stable then 15k for a horse, keep plugging away at commissions! 

18 hours ago, Flub said:

Go into the first abandoned ruins and mine stone until you run out of stamina. Use the stone to build stone stools. Repeat until you have enough. Fill in your time with contracts.

The progression in this game is lovely. The further you get the more stuff opens organically and the easier it gets to create the stuff that was once hard.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.02.03 - 21.30.33.31.jpg

I absolutely dream of a game that takes a player fully through automation, all the way from gathering crops bare handed, through having tools, then farms, then onwards to bulk machinery, all the way to a business and eventually a complete hand over to a business manager. And not just for farming, but for any resource aspect of a game like this. So picking flowers, to running a florist through again to the eventual handing over the business to someone to manage. Mining, building an army... Any direction that the player wants. I loved Recettear for the mixture of shop keeping and adventuring. Graveyard keeper implemented some of what I would like to see with zombie workers which would allow you to automate certain tasks like boxing up produce to sell.

16 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Quick question, in my options is a list of things to automate, one of which is to refuel my machines, but it never does it? How do you auto fuel stuff?

Oh man. Now I can't wait to get further.

On 29/01/2019 at 13:21, CovisGod said:

This is absolutley brilliant, anybody that enjoyed Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Dragon Quest Builders.... This is the game for you, 

The amount of stuff to do is amazing, I'm calling it now, this will be in my Top 5 games of this year

7QO4.gif.44c67602c664236c4338d6ffe530069f.gif