IGNORED

Resident Evil TV series

JohnC

• 1 month later...
On 09/07/2021 at 00:33, ZOK said:

Just in case the program is shit, here’s a video of someone 5 starring all Resi 4 Mercs levels with Wesker, it’s like 35 minutes long so you can pretend this is an episode instead.

Man, this is so good…I just watched the village again and I think he misses one shot and takes one hit in the whole game. Lethal skills!

2BF8EF81-75B0-4919-9D50-2989EAC6481A.thumb.jpeg.20fc7d20e5b60874b87052648df1c81f.jpeg

7 minutes ago, cassidy said:

So the use of zombies and umbrella makes it resident evil. 

Looks fuck all like what I expected tbh. 

It's also all about the Wesker Family.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Garbage.

Good band. 

Anyway watched 3 episodes in a row. 

It's not the game. But it's actually telling a decent tale.  Enjoying it so far. 

It has cheesy bits and shit bits but it's also watchable and good.  I like this contradiction.  Just like the games if you replace watchable with playable. 

Just now, cassidy said:

Good band. 

Anyway watched 3 episodes in a row. 

It's not the game. But it's actually telling a decent tale.  Enjoying it so far. 

It has cheesy bits and shit bits but it's also watchable and good.  I like this contradiction.  Just like the games if you replace watchable with playable. 

Why can't we please have a decent Resident Evil movie?. I'm glad you're liking it but as someone else has said, it really does feel like a CW show which I agree so far. 

Kinda like the two episodes I've seen. Enjoy the Lance Reddick timeline more than the future one though. Felt like it would be better if it just told that story leading to the eventual downfall of New Racoon City.

But then I find the movie series to be one of the greatest cinematic achievements in history.

3 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Why can't we please have a decent Resident Evil movie?. I'm glad you're liking it but as someone else has said, it really does feel like a CW show which I agree so far. 

How do you do it? It's all honorific of George, as he did the best work your gonna see as a visual story that's a representation of a zombie apocalypse, and the human response and he said most of that by 1989. 

At least this is trying to tell a new story using the tropes of the game and the genre. 

3 minutes ago, cassidy said:

How do you do it? It's all honorific of George, as he did the best work your gonna see as a visual story that's a representation of a zombie apocalypse, and the human response and he said most of that by 1989. 

At least this is trying to tell a new story using the tropes of the game and the genre. 

I'm don't know, just not loving this so far. I'm only on episode 2 but not really feeling this at all.

I enjoyed the first episode, even if it often delivers exactly what you expect out of a scene. I like the creepy vibe of the Umbrella town. It is weird how Resident Evil seems to be more a concept that TV shows and movies spin off of, rather than even attempting to stick to a canon.

1 minute ago, Sabreman said:

I enjoyed the first episode, even if it often delivers exactly what you expect out of a scene. I like the creepy vibe of the Umbrella town. It is weird how Resident Evil seems to be more a concept that TV shows and movies spins off of, rather than even attempting to stick to a canon.

That's the point I was trying to make badly. 

I’m horrified, yet also mildly intrigued, after a YouTube channel I trust called this a ‘CW version of Resident Evil.’ 

The one reviewer who had never played the games quite enjoyed the absurdity of it all, and the fairly frequent surprises. Whereas the reviewer who was familiar with the games was annoyed by this being so different, yet still trying to lazily appeal to that audience with a slew of ‘eh? Eh?’ easter-eggs thrown in even when they made zero sense in context.  

Must admit, I think that sort of thing would drive me low-key bonkers as well. 

I feel like people who call this "a CW television show" have never actually watched anything from the CW, maybe only seeing brief clips and the occasional screen capture.

I mean, aside from it featuring a fairly young, attractive cast in the leads, there's nothing else CW about it.

Fuck me this was terrible. I could only last 10mins and then kept scrubbing through the episode. I don't understand why everyone who makes RE media are clueless about what RE really is, for some bizarre reason hollywood or whoever makes these things are convinced in trying to ground it in reality.

The scene at the start with hundreds of zombies, that's just NOT what RE is. Just ends up looking like a cheap poundland Walking Dead.

How would I do it? 

- Start with a group that have escaped to a grand location that is mostly locked off restricted. The area they have access to is so small that the viewers become super familiar with the environment (similar to Squid Game). There is only one zombie in episode one.

- Week after week, they progressively unlock new areas that expand the environment and reveal clues about what is going on

- Set it up as a B movie with hammy acting. Similar in tone to the original 1996 intro to RE1.

I mean seriously, it would stand out so much more if it looked and sounded just like this;

On 14/07/2022 at 21:56, Sabreman said:

I enjoyed the first episode, even if it often delivers exactly what you expect out of a scene. I like the creepy vibe of the Umbrella town. It is weird how Resident Evil seems to be more a concept that TV shows and movies spin off of, rather than even attempting to stick to a canon.

Did you not see Welcome to Racoon City? They stuck to cannon there and it was not good.

After that and also enjoying the Halo show tell its own story, I'm kinda willing to give this a go. The whole RE aspect of it feels very tacked on just to sell the show and get views.

I've enjoyed the stuff in 2022 in the creepy Umbrella town more than the future Walking Dead-esq stuff.

2 hours ago, Capwn said:

Fuck me this was terrible. I could only last 10mins and then kept scrubbing through the episode. I don't understand why everyone who makes RE media are clueless about what RE really is, for some bizarre reason hollywood or whoever makes these things are convinced in trying to ground it in reality.

The scene at the start with hundreds of zombies, that's just NOT what RE is. Just ends up looking like a cheap poundland Walking Dead.

How would I do it? 

- Start with a group that have escaped to a grand location that is mostly locked off restricted. The area they have access to is so small that the viewers become super familiar with the environment (similar to Squid Game). There is only one zombie in episode one.

- Week after week, they progressively unlock new areas that expand the environment and reveal clues about what is going on

- Set it up as a B movie with hammy acting. Similar in tone to the original 1996 intro to RE1.

I mean seriously, it would stand out so much more if it looked and sounded just like this;

I am up to episode 4. Quite enjoying it. I don't think slavishly translating the games to a TV show or film would work that well. It's also miles better than any of the CW shows I've seen (admittedly only ever seen clips). 

Well this is absolute dogshit so far. It's mostly Dawsons Creek/Hollyoaks, with swear words sprinkled in and then the occasional Walking Dead bits. Young Jade is absolutely fucking hateful. I hope it starts to give more screen time to her sister. I'll stick with it because I'm a massive arsehole who can't walk away from even the worst tv shows.