The Boys - Amazon superhero show

I don't think it's been mentioned yet here, but there's also going to be a short movie after season 2s finale centred around what Butcher was doing between season 1 and 2. 8-)

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Now renewed for season 3.

Also adding an aftershow. First episode will be on 28 August, looking back at season 1. Then after each new episode from 4 September.

• Upvote 5
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2020 at 07:00, JohnC said:

Also adding an aftershow. First episode will be on 28 August, looking back at season 1. Then after each new episode from 4 September.

Are the episodes coming out weekly, then? 

On 24/07/2020 at 14:00, JohnC said:

I don't understand aftershows myself, I appreciate that there might be interpretation that I've not thought of being discussed but any I've seen after GoT or the walking dead(which is not many TBH) has just been a bunch of blerts shiteing on about incredibly obvious plot points. Is there any actual value to them or is it just an additional fix for fans?

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

Last I head it was the first 3 episodes being released at the same time. Subsequent episodes weekly. Then a short movie about Butcher.

Why would they do that? Hardly in the spirit of streaming services. 

I've watched YouTube ones for shows like Twin Peaks or Dark, where there are mysteries and theories to get into, but not for anything that's just a straightforward show where (I imagine) people would just be banging on about how great it was.

I've also enjoyed post-episode podcasts for shows like Chernobyl and Breaking Bad and Inside Number 9, where the writers or directors talk about the making of the episode - I guess that format would work for any type of show you enjoy.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Why would they do that? Hardly in the spirit of streaming services. 

I presume they’re using it to test the waters and refine their model/ gather stats. A kind of middle ground between Netflix’s binging model and HBO’s traditional weekly water cooler one.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

Always thought he'd make the perfect captain America. 

Jensen Ackles? He was in the running for it but I'm guessing being contracted to 57 seasons of Supernatural didn't help.

Always been a fan of his. Looks like I'll be resubbing to Amazon then.

On 06/08/2020 at 16:07, lolly said:

I don't understand aftershows myself, I appreciate that there might be interpretation that I've not thought of being discussed but any I've seen after GoT or the walking dead(which is not many TBH) has just been a bunch of blerts shiteing on about incredibly obvious plot points. Is there any actual value to them or is it just an additional fix for fans?

Talking Dead's entire existence is retroactively justified by being a plot point in Marc Maron's TV programme. But that's it.

IGN has seen and reviewed the first 3 episodes of the new season, it is spoiler free:

Verdict
'The Boys’ second season kicks off with even more irreverent and gratuitous drama than the first.
.. if you loved the over-the-top action sequences from Season 1, then rest assured that you’re going to get even more bonkers spectacle this time around. While we still have five more episodes to go before Season 2 wraps up, The Boys is off to another strong start.'
 The Boys' three-episode premiere deftly balances its more comical elements with deeper character and societal studies. 

9/10

• Upvote 2

I thought they were good but yeah, the show is much better.

No separate UHD version of this, like S1? The quality of my stream fluctuates on this, so I can’t tell if it’s 4k. Amazon is such fucking shite.