The Boys - Amazon superhero show

JohnC

4 hours ago, Mikes said:

This has been on my radar since it first came out, but I've only just gotten around to starting it, and holy crap this might be my favouite show of all time if it can keep up the energy of the first two eps.

oh man… can’t wait to read your reactions 

9 hours ago, Mikes said:

This has been on my radar since it first came out, but I've only just gotten around to starting it, and holy crap this might be my favouite show of all time if it can keep up the energy of the first two eps.

I'd say it pretty much does.  You're in for a real treat.  This and Mr Inbetween really restored my faith in streamed TV series.  I don't count Better Call Saul as it was aired on AMC so it isn't 100% streamed.   You can binge this, I wish I could have done that when it was first released as waiting for the next episode was a bit of a pain. 

Enjoy yourself.  You will, trust me. 

Ignore the critics too - "it's too on the nose!" - that's the point. 

1 hour ago, neoELITE said:

I'd say it pretty much does.  You're in for a real treat.  This and Mr Inbetween really restored my faith in streamed TV series.  I don't count Better Call Saul as it was aired on AMC so it isn't 100% streamed.   You can binge this, I wish I could have done that when it was first released as waiting for the next episode was a bit of a pain. 

Enjoy yourself.  You will, trust me. 

Ignore the critics too - "it's too on the nose!" - that's the point. 

Wasn't Mr Inbetween on FX before Disney+? 

• 2 weeks later...

First season down and a few eps into s2.

Thoughts: excellent. I thought the ending to S1 was a little bit of a let down, but I understand they were already planning S2 by that point so they couldn't really go further, and the start to S2 is really promising because of that.

Bonus thought: Hayleu Joel Osment looks ****ing weird as an adult.

• 1 month later...

I was going to make a snide remark about spin-off never living up to their progenitors, but, well, Better Call Saul. 

Maybe this show too will buck the trend of terrible spin offs, like Better Call Saul did. Big maybe. :hat: