rllmuk
Mr Tony

Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

21 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Do you mean the lack of wall running? That feels really out of place. Can’t figure out why it wouldn’t be in this. 

Yes, but also the bunny hopping and the double jump. I think it's mostly the speed being gone - I'm having to re-learn what to do when getting shot at, because in TF2 it felt like if you were moving fairly fast you could often get away and reposition but in this you're almost always best off turning to try and fight back.

17 hours ago, Moz said:

They said because teams kept getting split up and couldn't follow each other while wall running as it was too frenetic (remember trying to catch someone running away in TF2?)

Also there aren't that many walls.

Interesting

1 minute ago, panda_t said:

TF2 it felt like if you were moving fairly fast you could often get away and reposition but in this you're almost always best off turning to try and fight back.

The L1 abilities are key for this

Most of them are fairly passive and aimed at giving you a chance to either get away, reposition etc.

16 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Ping the inventory icon. 

Sorry for being thick but I don't know how to do that, I have a certain amount of options if I hold down r1 and inventory isn't one of them?

Does anyone know how to mute other players on PS4? Just had some wee kid screaming away through the game. Not swearing or being a dick just so god damn hyper. 

• Upvote 2

Really enjoying this so far (and huge TF2 fan). I've never played any BR game before and I can't say I'm enjoying the frantic running about trying to find a weapon at the start.. for the most part its been fine (I've found something decent) but christ one game as we dropped in another team dropped right next to us. I ended chasing after some guy Benny Hill style trying to punch him in the back of the head as I was totally weaponless.

It does seem to be good game/ bad game at the moment. After the head punch incident (I got killed, shocker!) the next game we won and worked really well together. Constant coms and backing each other up with revives and suppressing fire. 22mins of game play that just flew by.

18 minutes ago, Minion said:

Sorry for being thick but I don't know how to do that, I have a certain amount of options if I hold down r1 and inventory isn't one of them?

Sorry, was juggling children. Press options to bring up your inventory and you can R1 ping the icon for the thing you need. 

3 minutes ago, idiwa said:

Does anyone know how to mute other players on PS4? Just had some wee kid screaming away through the game. Not swearing or being a dick just so god damn hyper. 

Think it’s options then tab right to the squad screen, there are mute icons under player banners. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Sorry, was juggling children. Press options to bring up your inventory and you can R1 ping the icon for the thing you need. 

Think it’s options then tab right to the squad screen, there are mute icons under player banners. 

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Phil said:

When are you playing? I've been playing (Attrition) for the last 10 days on the Xbox and no bother getting into games - I certainly never wait 10 minutes.

Unless... you have multiple modes selected in your Mixtape? Most modes other than Attrition are poorly populated now and Mixtape only searches for one mode at a time. So if you choose say Attrition & Hard point & Bounty Hunt you'll most likely wait a lot longer than if you search for Attrition only.

I can only get Attrition games these days, which is a damn shame as the objective based games were fantastic. It's still my goto pipe and slippers shooter, it just works so well and I can play one round of Attrition and leave it for the night.

1 hour ago, Bishimitsu said:

The L1 abilities are key for this

Most of them are fairly passive and aimed at giving you a chance to either get away, reposition etc.

Yeah, even with that though, I used to use phase shift always in TF2 but in this it seems to take longer to trigger and it's much less useful when you don't travel as fast

Training feels nice, punchy, fast.

Then it bombed me our after I'd finished and it'd all connection errors a gogo!

1 hour ago, RubberJohnny said:

I think those vocalisations are automated when you're low.

@Minion

On the pause/menu screen if you cursor over the gun it will prompt ‘button to request ammo’ or something along those lines.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kryptonian said:

@Minion

On the pause/menu screen if you cursor over the gun it will prompt ‘button to request ammo’ or something along those lines.

Thank you!

This is great. I'd have paid for this, but I would have probs needed a demo first so glad it was free to push me to try it.

What a pleasant surprise game.

So neat when you see your squad on the banners in-game. :)

I love Bangalore btw. I've won so many fights just by using her smoke grenade ability. Perfect to get out of a sticky situation as well!

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

So neat when you see your squad on the banners in-game. :)

I love Bangalore btw. I've won so many fights just by using her smoke grenade ability. Perfect to get out of a sticky situation as well!

I also love her sprint boost when she comes under fire. 

I had a very strange game where I appeared to be in a squad but started solo. I bumped into several more people who were definitely alone too. Solo mode testing maybe?

Edit - Then had two more games where I got dumped in by myself, but both of those were against full squads. Weird.

Third time lucky I got into a game with two stoned guys who were using voice comms constantly but didn't use the ping system at all. "over there, by that building, near it but not in it, between the ground and the sky, the grey building, near the trees" etc. The usual helpful stuff :lol:

33 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

This is fantastic.

As expected it blows Blackout away.

Essentially Titanfall 2 Pilots: Battle Royale.

I will be regularly playing and I hope it does very well.

They're not Pilots! :quote: