Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

13 minutes ago, Benny said:

Getting Champion on this on PS4 is really fucking easy to be fair, if you aren't a total nobber.

I must be a total knobber then. I am rubbish at FPSs to be honest, but I keep coming back.

Had a random game today and both my teammates got killed within seconds after jumping into some stupid hotspot.

I couldn't go back to get them so they both quit within 30 seconds, I spent the rest of the game on my own cautiously wandering round trying to pick people off as slyly as possible and came a very close second. Still no wins though.

I’m very average at this but I do take some pleasure (with a hint of jealousy) from the continued success of my son at it. His squad had a 30 kill win yesterday and he’s up to 80 wins in total now. Sweaty try hard.

2 hours ago, SimonC said:

I’m very average at this but I do take some pleasure (with a hint of jealousy) from the continued success of my son at it. His squad had a 30 kill win yesterday and he’s up to 80 wins in total now. Sweaty try hard.

Sweaty try hard? You sound like my 11 year old daughter on fortnite :lol:

My team got a win last night as I was cowering in cover about 300m from the final battle, which was nice. I thought I'd been carried the whole way, but then I remembered that right near the start I'd killed an enemy with a choked Triple Take headshot in through a window as he was trying to finish off a team mate, and I went on to revive my whole team. So without me they definitely wouldn't have won!

We did have this awesome fight where we were trapped outside the ring behind a chokepoint, with no other easy way through. As you can see I was no help at all here, but it was cool anyway:

On 11/03/2019 at 08:34, Paintballer said:

http://flip.it/hvqTWf

It's certainly getting harder on PC. Quite a bit of COD talk on chat now too. Angry guys who get really frustrated and scream down the mic. Normally because they are rubbish and expect to be carried.

I’ve started to be in winning teams on PC. To say I’m being carried would be the understatement of the year but nonetheless I’ve racked up a few wins now. I have been called a noob and retard though by some very agitated young gentlemen. The skill level difference between PC and Xbox is mind blowing. I’m a higher level on console but for some insane reason I’m now putting all my time into the PC version and getting absolutely  annihilated at times. It’s a sight to behold though some of my team mates who can just run in and down whole teams on their own. A highly skilled mouse and keyboard player on this blows my mind. 

God, this really is shit with randoms on PC. Dropped into a hot conflict in a swamp house with my team, grabbed a gun, ran out of ammo and went down to a sliver of health while one teammate went down. I ziplined to the next house quickly to avoid going down straight away and grab more ammo, and the remaining teammate screams at me saying where am I going. I zipline back immediately saying I was out of ammo, just as he goes down rather than using his wraith powers to escape, then he screams at me that I should just punch them. I explained calmly I was on a speck of health and hide outside the house to heal up, while he starts sarcastically asking what I was thinking and what my plan was etc and why didn't I rush in while they were healing. I mean we went down anyway but before I healed there would have been no chance for me to save their tags either. I think I'm done with randoms on PC now.

19 minutes ago, Benny said:

God, this really is shit with randoms on PC. Dropped into a hot conflict in a swamp house with my team, grabbed a gun, ran out of ammo and went down to a sliver of health while one teammate went down. I ziplined to the next house quickly to avoid going down straight away and grab more ammo, and the remaining teammate screams at me saying where am I going. I zipline back immediately saying I was out of ammo, just as he goes down rather than using his wraith powers to escape, then he screams at me that I should just punch them. I explained calmly I was on a speck of health and hide outside the house to heal up, while he starts sarcastically asking what I was thinking and what my plan was etc and why didn't I rush in while they were healing. I mean we went down anyway but before I healed there would have been no chance for me to save their tags either. I think I'm done with randoms on PC now.

“My plan was to do the opposite of you, and not die.”

That type of come is exactly what I hear too. Lots of selfish people who think you exist in the game to service thier needs and God forbid if you don't.  I don't want to mute randoms as some are ok but it's getting more and more unpleasant.

On the plus side had my first game with a RLLMUK er on coms so hopefully can get a few more non random squads.

Agree too that the skill curve on PC is pretty steep. 

I've had a bit of a mix. Was annoyed by new players earlier screwing around, but hey - they're new, and probably haven't figured out the ping system yet (we lost to the final squad with a weird lack of pings, or pushing when an enemy was down).

Also had some great matches. One where I was playing like an absolute savage for a change, every shot just seemed to land. Had a random who was doing every bit as good - initially he landed in the bunker while our dropmaster took us further north - I ran back expecting to have to bury him, but he wiped out a squad by himself, exited via the east entrance and started cleaning up. As everyone descended on him from three different directions I appeared and launched in a few smokes, then wound up killing five guys myself as they tried to push in underneath the hut. Pretty funny too, I downed two guys then an enemy team chucked in a grenade and finished the job for me. Later, a squad rushed my dude and downed him - launched another smoke from miles away (about a 5 second run, but seemed like miles) which landed on him and their nearest guy got shot to bits before I picked him up.

I was expecting him to heal up at that point, but the crazy bastard charged in out of the smoke and killed the other two with revive levels of health left.

The dude was on comms at the end too, saying how I was an awesome player (to be fair, in that match I actually was) and he slightly edged me out in kills and damage - because he fell off a cliff on top of two other guys looking in the wrong direction. Since he was on comms it went something like 'ah shit shit shit I fell off, God dam...oh,  they're here, got them!'

Craziest game I've had, and I still only topped something like 1850 damage and 10 kills. Great fun though!

Also, there's been a few examples where either me or my team mates would go well beyond the pale for revives. I died outside the zone taking out two dudes who'd snuck in behind us, so one of my pals then turned back, ran about 20 seconds in to grab my beacon, Ran about another 40 to the nearest safe bit, healed up, then snuck in to get the respawn. I've seen plenty of maggots who'd just ignore you after that - and we wound up winning after one of my smoke-and-charges worked out.

Great times. Some mindbreakingly silly times too, but they're usually brief - had one nugget slowly looting about 4 boxes in the MIDDLE OF A GUNFIGHT despite being at full health and shields, ignoring a team mate who crawled up to him (who bled out after ages) and our hero was subsequently annihilated on the spot once they finished up and found him.

No but it absolutely makes it easier to control and makes it an excellent midrange weapon (I much prefer it to the G7 for a similar purpose). 

Had some fun earlier with another player who was trying to play Sniper. It's a bit of an odyssey:

Had a hilarious win just now. I got jumped at the end and took some nasty damage by a team of three, but had a gold backpack so smoked the floor and healed up fast with a battery. They must have thought I was downed (or at least one-shot) as one ran in and punched me - a less effective tactic when I've got a purple shield and a fully loaded Mastiff waiting. Two quick blasts later and punchy goes are down, last dude who was hanging back doesn't even see me emerging from the smoke. Good finish!

(And I actually got it jumbled up in my head when I initially posted. Adrenaline, or something.)

My only regret is that one of the dudes on my team got a kill - I'd have had the three team solo squad wipe banner if he hadn't. (Either that or I'd have been killed by the dude he killed, which is also possible.)

Also, how did my health and armour melt that quickly? A clip of headshots? Sometimes I'm lucky to tickle them at that range with an automatic.

Game after game after game of screeching children and bratty Americans calling the rest of the team a fucking faggot etc today. Not one passable teammate who can survive longer than a minute after hitting the ground. Turning voice volume to zero by default, haven't met anyone worth listening to in hundreds of games now.