rllmuk

Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah duos is in. This game really doesn't work as solo.

Nice! Finding one person to play with might not be quite the same nightmare as two. 

Has cross play been added yet?

5 minutes ago, Broker said:

Nice! Finding one person to play with might not be quite the same nightmare as two. 

Has cross play been added yet?

Cross play coming this year. They just announced it along with a Switch port.

24 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

That's so petty. I love it.

He caught me on a good day. :p

Even if I'd handed over the gun I can guarantee he'd be shitting himself with apoplexy over the comms once our squad had wiped. Wasn't in the mood to play that one through. 

30 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Cross play coming this year. They just announced it along with a Switch port.

Nice, maybe I’ll wait until that’s released so o can force someone in my house to play with me on the Switch or Xbox. 

I mostly play duos and yeah, the amount of games you get where teammate hot drops, is dead in under a minute and then disconnects (as I reluctantly go to try and get their banner) drives me nuts. I'm normally crypto so getting the banner back's easy, as well

@KYUSS you obviously know what you're doing, but why do you run two assault rifles? Aren't they a bit similar?

10 hours ago, panda_t said:

@KYUSS you obviously know what you're doing, but why do you run two assault rifles? Aren't they a bit similar?

You assume too much lol. 
I tend to stick to what I know... also I generally stick to the first Good guns I get. 
The 301 is surprisingly good at range in single-fire mode and tap firing. With the right sight of course. 

• Upvote 1

Me, @strawdonkey and @Pelekophoros usually get together on a Monday to play board games but the lock down has prevented that, so the last couple of weeks we've been playing this as an alternative to that and it's been a riot. I've got more wins on this than on any other battle royale game, despite my cack handedness.

I've still no idea which guns are good and I can only play Lifeline because I gravitate towards medics if possible but I love how quick the games are. I still won't play the thing with fucking randoms because fuck that shit.

1 hour ago, KYUSS said:

You assume too much lol. 
I tend to stick to what I know... also I generally stick to the first Good guns I get. 
The 301 is surprisingly good at range in single-fire mode and tap firing. With the right sight of course. 

Haha, okay! I think I'd always prefer a Scout over it but each to their own. I normally go with a Prowler (& selectfire) or Spitfire, and then a Scout. I think really good players don't like the Spitfire and at close range someone accurate with an R99 can beat you but with an extended mag you can just keep firing for ages and in a lot of encounters you survive the enemy's first clip and then get them

• Upvote 1

The spitfire is one of the worst guns, they nerfed it back in S2 so that the firerate is really slow, if I get killed by a spitfire I feel a lot of shame. The Scout is awesome though my favourite weapon. The 301 with a bruiser site is far more effective than a spitfire give it a go. Also the Hemlock is super solid now in both burst and single fire mode. in fact all the guns are pretty balanced now except the Havoc which is ridiculously OP and needs to get nerfed.

• Empathy 1
10 minutes ago, Minion said:

The spitfire is one of the worst guns, they nerfed it back in S2 so that the firerate is really slow, if I get killed by a spitfire I feel a lot of shame. The Scout is awesome though my favourite weapon. The 301 with a bruiser site is far more effective than a spitfire give it a go. Also the Hemlock is super solid now in both burst and single fire mode. in fact all the guns are pretty balanced now except the Havoc which is ridiculously OP and needs to get nerfed.

Is the Havoc really that powerful? I feel like if you get the drop on someone it absolutely shreds them, but in a fair one on one situation the charge up time really offsets the damage you dish out. Just my two cents. :)

I'm another fan of the 301 and Hemlok. For Snipers I tend to go for the Triple Take as you can fire off a good number of shots, unlike the Longbow and Sentinel which require lenghy reload times after just the one.

11 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Is the Havoc really that powerful? I feel like if you get the drop on someone it absolutely shreds them, but in a fair one on one situation the charge up time really offsets the damage you dish out. Just my two cents. :)

I'm another fan of the 301 and Hemlok. For Snipers I tend to go for the Triple Take as you can fire off a good number of shots, unlike the Longbow and Sentinel which require lenghy reload times after just the one.

I think it has over 500dps in one mag so yeha it's well op and in higher levels of ranked a lot of players are carrying it, the start up time is only a hindrence when someone gets the drop on you, the majority of the time people know where the enemies are. I like the triple take too, I feel it should come with the choke already attached though.

21 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Check back later today. Horizontal spread's being increased and the mag size is dropping four shots.

Patch notes: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/lost-treasures-patch-notes?utm_campaign=apxl_hd_ww_ic_soco_yt_pathc-notes-losttreasures

Oh boy those patch notes, Wraith mains are going to be fuming! 

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

Wow that's a hell of a buff to Lifelines abilities.

I think it's the opposite personally, they've taken away her main plus point of faster heals. The care package is frankly useless at this point in the game, you may occasionally get a purple shield out of it, the rest is crap and can be easily obtained elsewhere. Using the drone to revive someone is interesting but a perk that involves team mates being downed to use is not a great perk, add in the fact that she still has low profile which includes 25% extra damage to the legs and she has a large hitbox on her lower half, yet she doesn't have an escape move like the grapple or Wraith's or Loba's ability. If they had at least removed low profile then that might have gone someway to improve her but frankly this is shit, she now just has a care package and the drone can revive someone, without the faster heals there is no reason to pick her. 

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to the new event. Armed and Dangerous was my favourite limited mode they've done. Now with additional Evo Shields will mix it up a bit. I haven't got on with the Mastiff though since it became a regular weapon (I was always a Peacemaker guy) so may have to go for the Eva8.

Armed and Dangerous is still great! My only issue is, as always, with the players. I tend to only play Ranked these days, so going back into a unranked mode was a bit of nuisance with people quitting before you get the chance to revive them. It's especially annoying because with the addition of a mobile respawn beacon you'd think people would be more likely to stick around. Twice last night I ended up in a firefight, one of my teammates got killed, and despite us winning the fight ten seconds later he already hit that quit button. Patience ffs.

I had one awesome game last night though with my gold Peacekeeper and Triple Take. My favourite combination. (still chasing that win though).

On 23/06/2020 at 09:16, Minion said:

I had a 9-kill win with a spitfire once :S

After a toenail curdlingly awful session yesterday full of some of the worst people you can hope to find on Apex, from solo droppers to loot goblins (and yes, I took another journey to the edge of the map when they demanded I hand over a purple body shield they hadn't earned), today's been much more fun.

Keen eyed players may have noticed that I'm an awful shot at range. Surely everyone just kinda walks in and unloads?

• Upvote 2
On 28/06/2020 at 18:46, Kayin Amoh said:

After a toenail curdlingly awful session yesterday full of some of the worst people you can hope to find on Apex, from solo droppers to loot goblins (and yes, I took another journey to the edge of the map when they demanded I hand over a purple body shield they hadn't earned), today's been much more fun.

Keen eyed players may have noticed that I'm an awful shot at range. Surely everyone just kinda walks in and unloads?

I take it you won then? 

A pretty tame win with most of the action coming near the end, you will marvel at the sheer ineptitude when it comes to grappling. 
in my defence, I had been playing Bloodhound for about an hour to complete a challenge and I still thought I was going to scan when hitting L1. 

• Upvote 2