Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I take it the battle pass isn't like the CoD one where it's attached to a central account so you can unlock stuff no matter which format you're playing on?

Unless it’s changed recently, no. You can’t even apply the Twitch Prime tat to more than one account.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 07/11/2020 at 17:16, Doctor Shark said:

I’ve not played this but now I have a decent pc I quite fancy giving it a go. It’s a bit like overwatch, right? Heroes, classes, that kind of thing? 

Not really. Kinda. The Legends all have their quirks, but it's not as big a deal as in Overwatch where some characters are useless on offence but can run around healing people constantly. In Apex every character has the ability to pick up whatever guns they find, so they're all good at getting stuck in - but the healer may be able to drop a healing drone every 45 seconds, a defender can drop a shield bubble, small things that take a while to recharge but may be instrumental in clinching a victory.

Disappointed there's not more posts now it's on Steam. A Rllmuk club would have been awesome, especially given that it's cross play compatible and the new map and legend both kick ass.

Just now, evilwallpaper said:

Didnt see the post but I did search for a rllmuk club over the last few days and couldnt find one.

I left the post up for a day with no reply, then figured nobody was interested or had already made an alternative one, so I deleted the club. Somebody else would probably be better at maintaining it anyway.

5 minutes ago, evilwallpaper said:

Really like how different the new map feels, with all the vericality, positioning is more important than ever.

I've only played 3 or 4 times on it so far, but it does have a really different feel. I've found myself having a lot more ranged skirmishes with a different dynamic (where positioning becomes critical alongside more sort of macro strategic decision making) but it might just be because people don't know the map as well. 

I think I'm going to move to PC though, all the time I've spent playing Valorant means I'm just getting frustrated at the PS4 pad controls and general lower fidelity experience on my OG console. This probably means being wrecked by PC players longer term, but that's the Apex life. 

I had a short blast on the new map and I think it might turn out to be a very cool map. I can't say much about the balance of the map yet but it seems to have a bit more verticality to it than previous maps but in a good way. I'm not sure about the vehicles yet as I haven't done much with them so far but they might add a bit more time to hang back and gamble that the hovercraft will get you to safety before the storm catches up to you, even though you're a noisy and very visible target when using it. 

Can't wait to get to know more about the map. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/11/2020 at 23:32, KYUSS said:

I’ve set up a club. 
I’ll promote people who join to admin so you can accept other member requests. 
Rllmuk

RLMK

I set it up on PS4 so I hope the clubs are cross-play too. 

I'll check it, I've been looking for a club as solo queue has been more painful than usual recently 

I think I added you.

Weirdly, I've been kicked and auto-rejoined the club about three or four times now. Just like Kyuss up there.

Been playing a reasonable amount this season, it's a very good one. Horizon's a great hero with a lot of potential for helping the team move around or restrict the enemy, and calls people 'bawbags' from time to time. I approve.

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoying the latest LTM, Everyone has a pretty good load out so it’s down to skill over just having a better gun or shield.

3 wins in a night, which has not happened to me since well ever...