Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

On 02/01/2021 at 20:41, eurisko2k said:

This season is fun and enjoy Olympus as a map, horizon is great.

I'm about most nights if anyone is free to party up.

feel free to add me. 
I’m not great but you’ll be in some easy lobby’s if I’m host. 

There's no cross progression that I'm aware of so purchases won't carry over which is a shame. 

I've got a lvl 30 character on PlayStation and lvl 51 on Xbox. I'm hopeful they'll announce it one day now they've sorted cross play but the Director said some time ago that its not an easy fix.

This game gets worse every time I play it.  Ransoms were bad before but now 1 out of 2 games is a pair in trios, someone solo drops or is afk.  Anything but a decent trio and you're done as the majority you'll play against are teamed.  There's a good game here but because it's now been overtaken by other games they seem to have no idea how to keep the non engrained player base.

I’ve been playing a lot lately and I concur, randoms are worse than ever. I think the battlepass and daily quests encourage people to play short games (play 2 games as Loba!) or do silly shit (get 500 damage with the P2020!) etc. Are you on PC? I’ll gladly team with you or anyone here who wants a bumbling bumblefuck on their team. 

I’m freelookuk on Steam. 

Randoms are going to random. 

If playing solo I find duos often better then trios. Fewer randoms to deal with. 

Or ranked is good solo in bronze, silver and gold (after that you really need to coordinate). People play more together in ranked as a time. 

It seems so, forgive the pun, random. One game in twenty I'll get a brilliant team, but almost all of the time they immediately launch solo, crash into the ground and die. Or idle, or disconnect immediately. Putting me (a lowly level 60-something) with two guys playing characters on which they have zero kills, against a premade squad of dudes with kill counts in the thousands, seems weird. The annoying thing is, I'm crap at this game. Really crap. And yet somehow I'm almost always the good one. I'm rarely stuck with a decent person I can watch to pick up tips. Maybe that's because decent people don't solo queue.

18 hours ago, Moz said:

It seems so, forgive the pun, random. One game in twenty I'll get a brilliant team, but almost all of the time they immediately launch solo, crash into the ground and die. Or idle, or disconnect immediately. Putting me (a lowly level 60-something) with two guys playing characters on which they have zero kills, against a premade squad of dudes with kill counts in the thousands, seems weird. The annoying thing is, I'm crap at this game. Really crap. And yet somehow I'm almost always the good one. I'm rarely stuck with a decent person I can watch to pick up tips. Maybe that's because decent people don't solo queue.

Are you in the Rllmuk club Kyuss made? It's a bit small at the moment, but more members would theoretically lead to more chances at being in a team with familiar, more reliable players at least some of the time.

For me it's not even the team mates I get, which can vary. For some reason the game thinks I'm good enough to take on lobbies with several three stacked apex predators in them. I'm not, so getting melted from a havoc from 300 yards gets old when I can barely hit at that distance with a sniper rifle.

Sweet! Club now has 10 members. 30 would be better, but hey!

Also, I had to look for the join request. Hopefully other people weren't waiting too long, it's not obvious that people have applied to join.

On 21/01/2021 at 10:32, Moz said:

I'm online (via xbox)most evenings from 9 for an hour. 

The solo queue is shocking in ranked, but has seemingly improved recently in normal lobby. 

Managed to jump in for a few games last night to kick off season 8 and my initial thoughts are:

• 30/30 Repeater is a lovely addition, really nice pick up (if you can find it) really enjoyed it for that mid-range. Though think I might need to check back on single fire havok to see how that old friend is feeling. 
  • Fuse - Like the idea of him in theory was a little fiddly in practice, feels like my projectiles were just not hitting the spots I'd like with the added range. Feels weird to need to relearn a mechanic but hey ho. The tactical is nice and can be fun when pinging that little rascal at a team looting a death box :D, ultimate isn't clicking right now but that's nothing new for me and being shit with ultimates in general. 
  • New world edge - the map changes are ok but still too much like old worlds edge, team dropped into same spots every time so haven't had chance to explore whole map yet. Still I loved Olympus as a map and this feels not at that level. 

Apart from that will spend sometime tonight probably, not sure I'll stick with fuse for too long. Think I'll be back with Horizon as my main before too long though

Just now, Muz said:

I played season 1 and loved it but then got hooked into warzone with mates. Has the game changed much? 

Yeah it's the same game for the most part, more varied and the Olympus really made a bid improvement. 

I was on warzone for a while, but as I solo queue and love the class based elements of apex so switched back. 

My second rando win. One guy ditched it just after landing, the other was tasty with a sniper rifle. Quite chuffed with this one. Most randoms seem to be fine so far but I've only had 10 or 12 rando matches.

EtNwCccXYAAAgaq.thumb.jpeg.7092f078420d34f49bbaea8aeff1f220.jpeg

I wish progression was cross format. I'd rather play on my Xbox and the big TV but sometimes it's not possible so get shunted up to the PS4 on a monitor.

34 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

My second rando win. One guy ditched it just after landing, the other was tasty with a sniper rifle. Quite chuffed with this one. Most randoms seem to be fine so far but I've only had 10 or 12 rando matches.

EtNwCccXYAAAgaq.thumb.jpeg.7092f078420d34f49bbaea8aeff1f220.jpeg

I wish progression was cross format. I'd rather play on my Xbox and the big TV but sometimes it's not possible so get shunted up to the PS4 on a monitor.

Nice, 

I've worked on my sniper rifle skills a lot in past season very helpful tool to have the arsenal. I generally go for the tripletake as it's a pretty handy no-scope shotgun at close range

Just now, moosegrinder said:

I'm absolutely useless with them. I can't get my head around bullet drop and leading, so I tend to go for mid range weapons. I do like the Spitfire.

I am shit with the Sentinel, but can pass with a longbow or trips. 

I prefer the Flatline to Spitfire, but a good old spray and pray combo of spitfire and devotion (with hop) was my combo of choice for a while. 

44 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm absolutely useless with them. I can't get my head around bullet drop and leading, so I tend to go for mid range weapons. I do like the Spitfire.

Its the only game I can do it in, all the infomation is right in the sights.

1 minute ago, evilwallpaper said:

Its the only game I can do it in, all the infomation is right in the sights.

I know one of the scopes tells you the distance to where the reticle is pointed but I've never noticed it in all of them.

47 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I know one of the scopes tells you the distance to where the reticle is pointed but I've never noticed it in all of them.

I know it's purple and gold scopes for sure, not sure about blue (I prefer the purple Assault scope to blue)