Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

T Pot

4 hours ago, vezna said:

Not if they are using keyboard and mouse. 

I think this is a brilliant idea personally and really hope more shooters embrace this rule as crossplay becomes more widespread. It means more shooters retain a larger online population going forward. I've been playing BF1 a lot lately and getting a well populated Operations server on some of the DLC maps is practically impossible. Hopefully crossplay and matchmaking based on controller input will reduce this in future. 

Had a shot on that Switch port and it really does have the same vibe as the C64 port of Afterburner: ugly, feels bad to control in a weirdly deep way, the nearest you can come to not playing Apex Legends while actually playing it.

I got Heirloom shards in my 2nd Apex pack on Switch. Never had any in 700 hours on PlayStation :seanr:  My KD is way higher on Switch 6.25 Vs 0.6 on PlayStation. I think it’s because nobody can see what they’re shooting on Switch. 

Played some more of the new event last night. Now as promised they have increased the intensity of the ring flares massively. Now they come fast and they are huge, which is really changing the game flow and making staying out of the rings really important especially in the last circles. It also means the heat shield is getting a lot more use and I've had some great games where we've been living in the zone and fighting other teams in the zone. Of course using a heat shield is also a recipe for other teams to grief you as the heat shield dome is really visible. Because you revive and heal faster in the domes it can make for some amazing comebacks if you can escape into the ring and use a heat shield to rez or heal up before coming back to finish the fight!

Normally edge of zone is pretty safe but now teams can pop out of the zone anywhere, as me and my team found last night. I'd popped into the edge of a late zone to make a revive and whilst we were using a loba black market to kit up the revived teammate right on the edge of the ring, out of nowhere a team comes running out of the ring right next to us and took us completely off guard. The ring had been at that stage for a while so they must have made a big trek!

Honestly the ring flares have turned games pretty interesting now they have become a big factor. They are definitely claiming lots of casualties, we won one game last night where even as a duo we made it to one of the last circles through some harrowing adventures with heat shields and close fights. In the end we found one solo who we dispatched, and then shortly after won the game randomly as the last team must have died in the ring! 

Pro tip is to always loot extra heat shields off death boxes, you can never have too many!

Also I've tried playing some Fuse but not really feeling him. His ultimate is quite useful especially to zone off teams on high ground that you want to push, but other than that he doesn't seem that great. I've been playing quite a bit of Horizon and really like her, I just need to play with her boost a bit more and learn to use it for popping shields or sniping from atop it. I also had to play the new and improved Mirage for my weekly challenge and man, he is so much better now and a lot of fun to play. His ultimate now is really good especially in 1 v 1's, if you pop it you can almost guarantee to get some free damage in whilst they figure out where you really are, and its great for escaping as well. Love it and they definitely made the right changes to him, really helping reinforce into the trickster personality as well.

I just wish they'd let us play on other maps than Kings Canyon because even with the new points of interest I'm so bored of that map, and I hate its dull colour pallete. 

PS I've never had an heirloom shard either in any of my free loot boxes. And I won't even be trying this on Switch, I mean its nice to have as an option but honestly sounds pretty bad, the Eurogamer report on it made it sound particularly grim.

Does this have bots or are my team mates just utter idiots? Also wtf do you do at the end? I have one circle telling me to go into a circle, but if I go into that circle (red one) I get insta killed?

5 hours ago, carlospie said:

Does this have bots or are my team mates just utter idiots? Also wtf do you do at the end? I have one circle telling me to go into a circle, but if I go into that circle (red one) I get insta killed?

Your team mates are idiots. (Likely)

There should be an open bit of the map left - if not, there's possibly a flare (a new intrusive circle exclusive to the current event) over where the final spot should be. If this is the case, bust out the heat shield to get a reprieve, heal up if need be and kill everyone fast before you get burned alive.

I'm surprised they'd put a flare in the final safe zone, but I haven't played this event too much yet.

12 minutes ago, carlospie said:

9 pm or random day times when kids are at school. I'm a shift worker 

Right o, I'll add you and keep my eyes open. I mainly play on PS4 but I love the steady frame rate on the series X and the battle pass doesn't interest me.

2 hours ago, Super Stop and Shop said:

Are we sure this is the case? Does anyone have a quote from the developer?

Console Apex players are never matched with PC players at all, unless they are in a party with PC players.  

https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/apex-legends/news/season-6-aftermarket-event

Now that you know how to find, invite, and play with friends, I think it’s also important to talk about how cross-play matchmaking works.

Before cross-play, each platform would only play with and against other users on the same platform. Now, all console players will play together, and PC players will continue to play only with other PC players. We want to ensure that keyboard and mouse PC players are not being matched against console players, for reasons that should be obvious.

If, however, an Xbox One or PlayStation 4 player and PC player party up together, they will be put into PC matches. This ensures that the console games don’t have PC players in them, but still allows for the console player to play with their PC friend if they opt-in.

Now, about that setting I mentioned earlier. If you wish to disable cross-play altogether, you can disable cross platform play in the settings menu. Doing so will only put you into matches with other users on the same platform, who have also disabled cross platform play. This has a high chance of making your queue times very very long, as we anticipate that most users will have cross-play enabled given its default state of ‘enabled’ and the requests for the feature from so many players. We highly recommend leaving cross platform play enabled to ensure the best experience possible.

I completely missed this when it came out but it is almost exclusively what I’ve been playing on my new Series X. What a clever game! 

I’ve only played with randoms but the callout system works so well. It feels like we’re an actual team and it’s a really smart way of getting around the lack of voice communication. Would love this to be in more games.

I played a lot yesterday. With Rampart. Lost every match. Badly.

Rampart's, like, really bad for me but she's the only character I know I haven't had a win with for the 8 legends anniversary challenge. I like the character design, holy hell am I terrible with her.

I actually kinda fear teaming up with anyone I know because of how badly I've been playing as of late. I'd feel like a dead weight.

Meh, if someone gets the arse on because you're not "good enough" you wouldn't want to play with the in the first place. Games are supposed to be fun, if someone gets the blog on because I don't meet their preconceived notion of talent in a fucking video game they can do one. 

Saying that I do have my coms turned of at a dashboard level to prevent any "u suk" messages. I'm a delicate flower.

47 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Meh, if someone gets the arse on because you're not "good enough" you wouldn't want to play with the in the first place. Games are supposed to be fun, if someone gets the blog on because I don't meet their preconceived notion of talent in a fucking video game they can do one. 

Saying that I do have my coms turned of at a dashboard level to prevent any "u suk" messages. I'm a delicate flower.

Ha, the weird thing is I don't care when someone calls me out on what's usually their own mistake. I mean, someone typed something like 'guy with best loot's always last to get into a fight' after I'd found a golden shield and he deliberately ran into a fight against three dudes alone while I was looking for ammo and stuff - that idiocy is 100% on him for not waiting 30 seconds to have the team with him.

Or there was the time I was jumpmaster and some clown pinged the boxing ring and dropped in solo. The second team mate followed him - no fucking way I'm condoning that behaviour so I dropped where I was going to originally and had no problem watching him die immediately. Then he goes off on a rant about how he's a diamond player and how awesome he is and... well, it was pretty amusing, truth be told. For a diamond player he didn't even seem to know that kills are per character, so he was lol'ing at the fact I had about 50 kills with pathfinder despite the fact I practically never use pathfinder.

As bad as I am, plenty of players are much worse, much more selfish and way more egotistical. 

It's more an internal thing at this point. Random team mates come and go, but I've been playing so shoddily that it feels like trying to team up for several sessions with comms and shit would just end up with me dragging the team down. 

Those asshole opponents, with their ability to aim. So unfair!

28 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

As bad as I am, plenty of players are much worse, much more selfish and way more egotistical. 

Yeah, rando's are all over the place. I had one game with a guy where we came second after the third player ditched it right at the beginning. Lots of pinging of ammo and med packs and what not, it was great. Then there's the ones who lone wolf it and end up dead within 30 seconds because, as you say, they can't wait.

I couldn't play on PC. I said this in the Overwatch thread, but the ease of communication is just anathema to me. I don't need toxic dickheads blarting off on one in games, fuck that shit.

I really should get to 10 so I can access the club on Xbox.