Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

T Pot

She can shoot in the air but only on the descent (her handheld triggers activate the jetpack so she has to let go of her primaries to boost) and I found it seriously inaccurate - but I'm a terrible shot anyway. Against a team that can aim, I expect to see some clay pigeon shooting going on - there's very little cover in the air, after all, and it's fairly easy to locate where the sound of her boosters are coming from.

Still cool to be able to fly, though.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

One thing I find weird is that, despite there being 16 Legends I only ever see people playing the same four: Wraith, Bloodhunter, Lifeline and Pathfinder. Occasionally I'll see a Gibraltar or Bangalore in there. Does no one use the other Legends?

I see a pretty reasonable spread, although obviously the ones that are unlocked by default are more common. The only unlockable one I see regularly is Octane, and there’s less Gibraltar’s than any other. Bangalore also seems less common. Crypto, Rampart, Wattson and Fuse are extremely unusual to see being played or have on your team.

Talking of Rampart, I also have been seeing more of her lately. Spectated the end of a game last night where in the 2nd last circle with 2 teams left, a Rampart went into the open desert and set up the mini gun. The other team had to cross open ground to get to her and stay in ring. It would have been a slaughter, except her stupid teammates ignored her pleas to get behind her barriers and basically threw the game by pushing up and leaving her flanks open. I would have been pissed!

Had another intense game where our Ramparts good use of barriers in the back entrance of Hammond Lab tower led to us fighting 4 teams in a row in the little network of shields she'd set up. Absolute madness but great fun. The barriers add a lot of diversity to the battlefield, I wish there were more legends who did stuff like that.

I think someone had said before, you're looking for a legend who proactively does something and ideally a movement boost as out flanking teams is important.  You don't want to stand in front and blast each other as thats that's recipie for disaster.  Octane and horizon are the legends that let you out manouver a team the best I'd say.  Wraiths okay but her alt has been hobbled like 3 times. You used to insta phase and it was much more useful then.  It was a fight to go wraith :).

Some more info about the new stuff from Gaming Merchant who got to play it early. Arenas sounds pretty cool, more tactical than I thought. I've started the video clip from where he starts talking about the relevant things:

15 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Arenas are like Counterstrike and Rogue Company and that by the sounds of it?

It feels like a microcosm of the core experience, at least it should shake out like that in the early days. Footage is still under embargo, and I'm not sure I'm even allowed to say the date so I won't. However, since season 9 starts on May 4th, you can expect to see much more people actually playing the mode going up on youtube soon.

It doesn't suddenly feel like a whole new experience when it comes to how it plays, just in the fact that it's 3vs3 and you won't get five nearby parties ambushing you midway. I did keep forgetting that you can leave the equip screen early to get a slight headstart on positioning, so keep that in mind. If the time runs out, you'll start moving from the centre of your team box once the barrier drops.

Content creators were saying that the Bochek will need nerfed as you could just have three good aimers decimating an opposing team, but those guys typically got where they are by being crack shots so I'm not sure how that would shake out for most of the population. (Bochek damage: 70 body, 123 head)

It's very likely you'll still approach these rounds like you would the midst of a firefight in the BR mode. Sticking together, peeking, healing up and deploying tacticals to help out your team or seek an advantage. (Tacticals don't recharge in this mode though they're still on a timer - you buy the exact amount of uses you want at the start of the round)

It's important to say that the levels still feel like Apex areas - don't expect long narrow corridors for solos to run around in.

Been playing this the last few days and loving it again, haven't played since season 4 and even that season I didn't play much iirc. Played alot the first few seasons. 

Won my first duos game solo as it didn't give me a team mate, sound whored the shit out of the final guy who was solo too. Getting squad wipes or killing the final member of a team is so satisfying, seeing all those death boxes pop :D

Playing exclusively with randoms is quite hilarious, well, equal amounts hilarious as infuriating. The mind boggles at times with their decisions in general.

You get the odd decent player but even on ranked my team mates tend to just drop us in busy hot zones when none of us have the skills to back it, and we die immediately. 

So many people seem to think they're the Terminator and charge off on their own to face a full squad then get on the mic complaining when they die, that usually leads to me and the other team mate dying too as I always feel I have to try and at least get their banner, or die trying.

I guess because I know I'm not particularly good leads me to play more conservatively in general, and some people just want to get in a fight every time and die

Looking forward to the next season 

I think I’ve finally settled on a sensitivity and dpi I can work with and which doesn’t cause me to flail about like I’m having a seizure when I’m trying to shoot someone.

3A0A87A4-0DA6-41BD-BE6A-6651B3744C6E.gif.f31a6b7ff60ae3f0b2dd5847d74424d6.gif

I went from three games with no kills to a game with 3 kills (this is good for me). 

I’m using a dpi of 450, 2.9 sensitivity  (the default of 5 is absolutely ridiculous) and 1 ads sensitivity. Is working well so far. What’s everyone else using?

Oh and I discovered Horizon. If there’s anyone who can take the crown of “video game character I fancy” away from Brigette in Overwatch, it might just be Horizon. It’s the accent...

So on the end screen, are my knocks separate to my kills? I assume so because otherwise how did the guy on my team get less knocks than kills, so are those knocks I didn’t finish?

280F8A50-6F96-4CB7-B131-C55986BE6655.thumb.jpeg.d23448e84ec59da7267228b6a40348b4.jpeg

Nice to see those stats now!

Quick bit of Googling what random people on the internet think makes me more confused than I started :wacko:, but it might be:

A knock is dealing the damage that causes a player to be knocked, whether or not they're revived.  If they die immediately (team wipe) it's not a knock (for this stat, although it counts for quests)

A kill is a knock where the target goes on to die OR if the knocker gets taken out then whoever finishes them off gets the kill

An assist is dealing damage to a player in a short time period (10s) before your team-mate knocks them, and they then go on to die

Makes sense. So if I kill someone and they’re the last member of their squad, I get a kill but not a knock because they go straight down. If I knock somebody and then they die I get a kill and a knock. If I in Oct somebody and then I die I get nothing but if someone else finishes them they get a kill but not a knock for it. It makes sense like that.

I’m interested in the new weapon class for DMR style weapons, does that mean it will have its own ammo? I feel like the addition of sniper ammo has already worsened things a bit, I loved the simplicity of the three ammo types at launch.

15 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

What did Snipers used to use?

I'm a bit out of touch for the current situation, but Longbow used to be Heavy, Scout was Light, and Triple Take was Energy

It seems like they’re trying to remove ammonia synergy, so all the guns that use the same type of ammo will feel similar and you’ll need to always be carrying two types of ammo. Whereas at launch it felt more like thee was one of each type of weapon for each kind of ammo.

On 28/04/2021 at 02:29, Doctor Shark said:

I think I’ve finally settled on a sensitivity and dpi I can work with and which doesn’t cause me to flail about like I’m having a seizure when I’m trying to shoot someone.

3A0A87A4-0DA6-41BD-BE6A-6651B3744C6E.gif.f31a6b7ff60ae3f0b2dd5847d74424d6.gif

I went from three games with no kills to a game with 3 kills (this is good for me). 

I’m using a dpi of 450, 2.9 sensitivity  (the default of 5 is absolutely ridiculous) and 1 ads sensitivity. Is working well so far. What’s everyone else using?

Oh and I discovered Horizon. If there’s anyone who can take the crown of “video game character I fancy” away from Brigette in Overwatch, it might just be Horizon. It’s the accent...

650dpi, 2.17 sensitivity here. 

The 650 DPI is for windows mainly, so I don’t have to keep switching DPI. I use this DPI converter to set my sensitivity in games to match each other. I think that 2.17 number came from converting Shroud’s sensitivity to my chosen desktop DPI. 

https://gamepros.gg/mouse-sensitivity-converter

My ADS and hip fire sensitivities are the same I think.