Jump to content
IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - tonight we're gonna price it like it's 1993!


Keyboard Koala
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

 

The game wouldn't work in a 3d engine like BOTW. The map of Links Awakening is tiny compared to that game and well, it just wouldn't have the same charm of what Nintendo have done here.

 

Well that's the remakes problem to fix. Proper remakes (rather then remasters like what this title looks to be) don't have to be the same size. There are many ways to stay in the spirit of the original while still being something a lot more than the original with some effort put in. As proven by the Resident Evil 2 proper remake most recently.

 

3 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

 

Also, not everyone likes the Zelda 3d games. I still love my 2d Zeldas.

 

That's fair. LA was my first Zelda, so I've got tons of feels for it. But in my head I imagine all the things Link's Awakening could be if made again and a quick copy and paste modernization isn't it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've only seen the official trailer, but I LOVE the look of this. I don't know what's going on with me, but these days this is the style of game I want my megaflops being spent on. It just looks so good.

 

Also, I only ever had a donated Gameboy and it er only had Tetris.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh man I had such great memories of this game. Though my proudest achievement was calling the Nintendo UK hotline for help in those days. There was one particular dungeon I could't solve and while I tried my best to explain to him my problem, he just regurgitated the script he was given for the game. He obviously didn't play it but I pissed him off so much that he said he send me the printed part so as long as I wouldn't call again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Oh man I had such great memories of this game. Though my proudest achievement was calling the Nintendo UK hotline for help in those days. There was one particular dungeon I could't solve and while I tried my best to explain to him my problem, he just regurgitated the script he was given for the game. He obviously didn't play it but I pissed him off so much that he said he send me the printed part so as long as I wouldn't call again.

 

Yup, was the only time I called up the Nintendo Hotline. They told me to go around the trees and I kept responding 'what trees?'

 

I only learned after playing the DX version that the area that annoyed the call rep in my 30min insistance that theres no trees that the huge grey rock things? Yeah, they're trees. :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NEG said:

 

Yup, was the only time I called up the Nintendo Hotline. They told me to go around the trees and I kept responding 'what trees?'

 

I only learned after playing the DX version that the area the annoyed the call rep in my 30min insistance that theres no trees that the huge grey rock things? Yeah, they're trees. :unsure:

 

I know. It was like the blind leading the blind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Oh man I had such great memories of this game. Though my proudest achievement was calling the Nintendo UK hotline for help in those days. There was one particular dungeon I could't solve and while I tried my best to explain to him my problem, he just regurgitated the script he was given for the game. He obviously didn't play it but I pissed him off so much that he said he send me the printed part so as long as I wouldn't call again.

 

Being stuck on Link's Awakening was the only time I ever phoned up the Nintendo UK Game hotline. I think the call took less than 20 seconds, and my problem was sorted. I was impressed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

 

Being stuck on Link's Awakening was the only time I ever phoned up the Nintendo UK Game hotline. I think the call took less than 20 seconds, and my problem was sorted. I was impressed.

 

I think it was more to do with me trying to explain things, and that particular dungeon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, NEG said:

 

Not sure I know what you mean.

Come on now, you can figure it out...

 

Why would you bring up the recent resi 2 as a "proper remake", and that being a better thing? As good as the new Resi 2 is, imagine if it had the proper 2 scenario gameplay of the original. Where what you did in one scenario had an impact on your 2nd.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, deKay said:

I’m pretty sure there was a Nintendo video last year that massively hinted they were making this game. Some dev guy saying “you know I’d love to revisit Link’s Awakening GIANT WINK TO CAMERA”.

 

Anyone else remember that?

 

Anyone? I'm not making this up, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

 

You were the one that mentioned a literal copy/paste. :P

 

No. I said a copy and paste modernization. It's simple enough to understand what I meant without thinking 'omg this guy thinks they've gotten the old GB sprites into the game and called it a day'. Though I can assure you goombas and chain chomps were most probably taken off the shelf ready made stuff.

 

39 minutes ago, Pixelbark said:

Come on now, you can figure it out...

 

Why would you bring up the recent resi 2 as a "proper remake", and that being a better thing? As good as the new Resi 2 is, imagine if it had the proper 2 scenario gameplay of the original. Where what you did in one scenario had an impact on your 2nd.

 

 

Proper remakes can have faults too.The Zelda OOT/MM remasters on 3DS also had faults for changing the small things it did, such as worse swimming. I didn't call a proper remake a better thing, just that a remaster is wasted potential/not exactly inspired for what is a beloved game from a green and grey system coming back for the first time in 20 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NEG said:

 

Well that's the remakes problem to fix. Proper remakes (rather then remasters like what this title looks to be) don't have to be the same size. There are many ways to stay in the spirit of the original while still being something a lot more than the original with some effort put in. As proven by the Resident Evil 2 proper remake most recently.

 

Remaster: Taking the original game. Upscaling with minimal revision of artwork/assets Etc, typically improved perfomance.

 

Eg: SotC on PS3, FFXII on PS4

 

Remake: Ground up remake of the original game. Plot and interaction stay the same. but grahics/sound is rebuilt from the ground up

 

E.g. SotC on PS4, Resident Evil2.

 

This game falls into remake , there is no argument against that, none.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Remaster: Taking the original game. Upscalsing with minimal revision of artwork/assets Etc, typicallt improved perfomance.

 

Eg: SotC on PS3

 

Remake: Ground up remake of the original game. Plot and interaction stay the same. but grahics/sound is rebuilt from the ground up

 

E.g. SotC on PS4.

 

This game falls into remake , there is no argument against that, none.

 

 

Remastered Remake: Exactly like the original game with new assets/code/engine. This is not a proper remake. RE2/Samus Returns were Proper Remakes with new content, ideas and most importantly expanded on what made the original great without being constrained by the original.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.