rllmuk
Isaac

Super Mario Maker 2 - New update adds worlds! (Forum Course List in First Post)

Slightly random question but does anyone know if @J.Pickford posts levels anywhere? I liked his stuff on MM1, and he's still on my Switch friends list from the Wii U days, so I can see that he's played a ton of MM2, but thanks to Nintendo's strange decisions there's absolutely no way to see what he's up to in game unless you already know one of his levels! 

Icefall Canyon
3KR-RGM-C1G

I decided to expand on the downward scrolling lift section from Starfall Odyssey and make a whole level out of it. The difficulty picks up a bit towards the end but it's nothing too extreme.
This is my 4th level to use the SMB ice theme, I keep finding myself coming back to it! I think it's my favourite theme in the game, there's something about the combination of the music and tileset that I just love.

• Upvote 2

Watching all these versus Mario Maker 2 online videos makes me think they need a mode where one player's task is to complete the level and the other three players just have to interfere somehow. Kinda like Gauntlet in Gladiators. 

Also to prevent everyone constantly fucking with each  other they should have a ghost mode so whoever has the best platforming skills actually wins.

On 20/07/2019 at 18:11, GokouD said:

Wow, this is not my level, but if you have the slightest interest in puzzle levels, you have to play this one. It's called House of Oob and it's the cleverest thing I've ever seen in Mario Maker.

33X-JGJ-PNF

Got completely stuck on this one in the room with the trampoline at the bottom. No idea where I was supposed to go.

On 11/07/2019 at 17:51, HarryBizzle said:

I made a not very good first level (VTF-D90-Q2G) last week that I was too embarrassed to post here but I just logged on and it’s had 50 odd people play it and one even left a comment. That was a nice surprise. 

I like levels like these that are just platforming. Would have liked it if it was twice as long though.

• Upvote 1

Has everyone played level 9 in story mode 'The Keymaster'. It's very clever especially if you get all the keys. I've fucked up multiple times though and there's no CP. It's testing my patience. 

• Upvote 1

I feel like I'm the only one posting in here . The downsides of getting a game second hand I guess =( 

Regardless, I made my first course, I think it's pretty fun.

It's a speed run with stars where you have to collect at least 240/241 coins, the timer is tight too, you should have about 3 seconds to spare at the end.

F0G-XDL-87G

Looks like this is going to be in the eShop sale starting Thursday so I might finally take the plunge then. 

Can someone please help me complete W1Y-1LC-XLG. It's driving me mad.

Am I supposed to be using the trampoline to hit the on/off switch?

I've managed to kill the muncher with the POW block, but then it blocks off the key.

If I go to retrieve the key, before blocking it off with the blue block I either have to use Yoshi or the trampoline. Is there any other way to get the key without using either of them?

I'll admit I'm useless at puzzle levels. I've probably spent 45 minutes on this already and I'm still super stumped.

EDIT: Or I could just google the level code and find a YouTube video with the answer. I don't know if I would have worked it out tbh.

15 hours ago, stephen129 said:

Can someone please help me complete W1Y-1LC-XLG. It's driving me mad.

Am I supposed to be using the trampoline to hit the on/off switch?

I've managed to kill the muncher with the POW block, but then it blocks off the key.

If I go to retrieve the key, before blocking it off with the blue block I either have to use Yoshi or the trampoline. Is there any other way to get the key without using either of them?

I'll admit I'm useless at puzzle levels. I've probably spent 45 minutes on this already and I'm still super stumped.

EDIT: Or I could just google the level code and find a YouTube video with the answer. I don't know if I would have worked it out tbh.

Are you using Yoshi’s tongue?

5 hours ago, David Heath said:

Are you using Yoshi’s tongue?

Yeah I was. I couldn't work out how to get back out of the hole where the key was until I watched that video. Didn't occur to me to use Yoshi to get the trampoline back through the wall.

On 22/02/2020 at 06:14, PyramidFace said:

I made a moderately challenging level...G00-MK5-2FF.

This is a great level and a lot of fun to optimise!

This weeks Ninji is one of the better ones IMO.

I think the other route is quicker, will try later.

On 26/02/2020 at 15:20, Darhkwing said:

This weeks Ninji is one of the better ones IMO.

I think the other route is quicker, will try later.

I chopped about a second off that; the other route is definitely quicker but has a harder move involved. I think I can get another second off if I get a good run. I’ve loved all of these challenges so far. I think the Zelda one was my favourite.

43 minutes ago, David Heath said:

I chopped about a second off that; the other route is definitely quicker but has a harder move involved. I think I can get another second off if I get a good run. I’ve loved all of these challenges so far. I think the Zelda one was my favourite.

Nice job ! Yeah the left route is quicker but trickier for sure. I've spent a while trying to get a better time but I'm pretty happy with what I got. 

Wow that is significant, might have to buy this again, brilliant service from Nintendo!

Yeah it's a great update. Koopalings and world map is a great addition let alone all of the other updates.

Sad to hear it's the last major update though - other games have been supported much better - maybe SMM2 didn't sell as well as nintendo hoped.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Really looking forward to folks much more imaginative than me putting together some amazing wee worlds. 

2 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

maybe SMM2 didn't sell as well as nintendo hoped.

I think a combination of it initially not offering a significant upgrade to the original game, which was still quite recent, and perhaps not fixing some of the curation issues of the original? Many of the reviews said the editing interface was inferior to the original game.

User creations tended to get lost in a sea of awful spam-levels. The most fun I had with Mario Maker levels were the ones shared by very clever folks on here with experience of game design. But the last update already added a ton of stuff, and coupled with this world maker, it's now a must-buy.

I wonder if the game might have sold better if these bigger features were implemented at launch.

• Upvote 1