rllmuk
Isaac

Super Mario Maker 2 - Out Now (Forum Course List in First Post)

How do you get edits to show up in your published levels? Or do you have to just delete the whole thing and repost?

On a, er, entirely unrelated note here is my Mario Battle Royale level: MBW-LF4-BXG.

• Upvote 1

Added my course from a couple of days ago to the fancy spreadsheet, just so it's on there. Thanks to everyone who played it! There are some random Japanese players amongst the RLLMUK Brits as well, so it seems to be in the "system".

Is there a way to disable comments for a particular course? I can only find an option to not allow comments on all my courses.

9 hours ago, Paulando said:

Thoughts on something like this as a way of sharing courses? A Google form, which spits out the data into a spreadsheet (the link to it is at the top of the form), and puts the newest entries at the top. I've added a bunch in from the other spreadsheet.

Form: http://bit.ly/rllmuk_smm2_add

Spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/rllmuk_smm2_results

We could probably add a random course picker somewhere, a way of filtering or viewing them in a different way, and I wonder if it's possible to let people rate/score them? Not sure on what's possible with Google Sheets tbh.

21043767_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.8ff916969446cb191e387abe081af16c.png

This is excellent! Any objections to me putting a link on the discord?

48 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

This is excellent! Any objections to me putting a link on the discord?

Of course! The more the merrier! And any suggestions for things that can be added are more than welcome.

Just uploaded my second course as apparently I can't stop having ideas!

FKJ-X25-V0G

The level is wall jump focussed, and the standard route should be fairly pleasant, barring a little spice. Also a secret or two to be found. Speaking of which, getting the key will take you on a much, much harder alternate. I got a bit away from myself though, and the alternate route is bigger and more intricate than the main one. I probably should have just made it as a separate level, but oh well!

• Upvote 3

My kid has made some levels which are sitting at a sad zero plays, so I logged on as myself to type in his codes and play them, only to find it doesn't seem to count as a play (count stays at zero, doesn't record my time), or let me like them - is this some sort of block against liking levels created by the same family account? If so, Nintendo really seem to focus on the wrong things sometimes. Or am I just doing something wrong?

9 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

My kid has made some levels which are sitting at a sad zero plays, so I logged on as myself to type in his codes and play them, only to find it doesn't seem to count as a play (count stays at zero, doesn't record my time), or let me like them - is this some sort of block against liking levels created by the same family account? If so, Nintendo really seem to focus on the wrong things sometimes. Or am I just doing something wrong?

Maybe a sub section could be added to the forum database thingy for ‘Courses My Kid Made’ or something?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DC Lemon said:

Maybe a sub section could be added to the forum database thingy for ‘Courses My Kid Made’ or something?

"Sympathy plays".

My daughter could do with that.

Just now, DC Lemon said:

Maybe a sub section could be added to the forum database thingy for ‘Courses My Kids Made’ or something?

Yeah, complete a rota of selfless volunteers required to play a roster of terrible courses, all for the common good of forumites family life!

Sympathy plays for kid's courses is a great idea. 

I want my kids' courses to be added to the Easy Endless pool. In fact, having played 118 Easy courses yesterday, I'd quite like to make some myself. A good Easy course can be fun to play - especially with a gentle sprinkle of light trolling

5 minutes ago, Soi said:

Sympathy plays for kid's courses is a great idea. 

I want my kids' courses to be added to the Easy Endless pool. In fact, having played 118 Easy courses yesterday, I'd quite like to make some myself. A good Easy course can be fun to play - especially with a gentle sprinkle of light trolling

Agree with this, also a great resource for forum kids to play other forum kid courses. 

By the way, have removed my spreadsheet for this as the other is better. So if you out on mine, please add to @Paulando's

Started an endless super expert this morning and the first level was an night themed Kaizo level.

I lost all the endless lives but I was consumed with madness so I went and spent over an hour and a half on it. Managed to get the first clear giving it a 0.48% clear rate! I'm quite interested in what my ability is like compared to others.

Can anyone else beat this?

C4B-G5Y-XYG

• Upvote 7

Well done. 

I thoughts levels needed to be cleared at least once before they were added to the Endless pool?

Shit, that Fickle Stars of Stiletto Skies is ace and my favorite rllmuk one so far, but all of GokouD's are predictably excellent as they were in the first game.

I've  enjoyed all the rllmuk levels I've played to be honest, apart from a couple that were clearly deliberately made to not be enjoyable.

Need to finish off a couple of mine and play more story mode. Too many enjoyable things to juggle. This is the first game in a long time that's made me wish I was unemployed.

Thats what i like about it, the quality of levels has been really good if you know what you are looking for. I don't think i've played a duff level yet !!

30 minutes ago, Fatsam said:

Shit, that Fickle Stars of Stiletto Skies is ace and my favorite rllmuk one so far, but all of GokouD's are predictably excellent as they were in the first game.

I've  enjoyed all the rllmuk levels I've played to be honest, apart from a couple that were clearly deliberately made to not be enjoyable.

Need to finish off a couple of mine and play more story mode. Too many enjoyable things to juggle. This is the first game in a long time that's made me wish I was unemployed.

Thanks :) Looking forward to seeing what you've been cooking up. I really need to play some more forum levels, the ones I've played so far all seem great. I have to agree on being unemployed, it feels like a couple of hours a night barely even scratches the surface of this game.

To those who are able to maintain a focus throughout completing a course when there are millions of ideas running through your head ...

HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS? I can't discipline myself, and so have several projects on the go, none of which are going to get the time they probably need to make them polished. Such is my curse!

Nicked from resetera (apologies if posted already). There are a few here I want to try:

Matt Thorson (Celeste): Q43-GXB-WHG
Joakim ‘Konjak’ Sandberg (Iconoclasts): H4C-K63-7RF
Dan Salvato (Doki Doki Literature Club): 974-00B-RSG
David Hellman (Braid artist): FCC-5P4-12G
Patrick Klepek (Waypoint): 2HW-5V2-LFG
Dan Ryckert (Giant Bomb): 8KH-RN7-4RF
Jeff Gerstmann (Giant Bomb): HB8-N3D-XJF
Ben Pack (Giant Bomb): 5KQ-SFX-4KF
Chris Kohler (Kotaku): 6SC-KMX-T0H
PangaeaPanga (Mario speed-runner): 96T-FTR-BRG
Zac Gorman (Magical Game Time): 9MD-9GP-D3G

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

To those who are able to maintain a focus throughout completing a course when there are millions of ideas running through your head ...

HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS? I can't discipline myself, and so have several projects on the go, none of which are going to get the time they probably need to make them polished. Such is my curse!

Check out the Tweet above in my post.

Just noticed the story mode levels have usernames attached to them - are they Nintendo employees or are these courses designed in SMM1? If the latter, hopefully we will see a decent amount of DLC and level packs curated by Nintendo themselves.

21 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Just noticed the story mode levels have usernames attached to them - are they Nintendo employees or are these courses designed in SMM1? If the latter, hopefully we will see a decent amount of DLC and level packs curated by Nintendo themselves.

They're all just names that apply to the course itself aren't they?