Astral Chain - Out now and it's great!

Am I right in thinking you can activate a second Legion after you use the unchain ability of another one? :blink:

On File 7 and I have no idea how many times I am going replay this game but I am not sure I will ever see or understand everything the system has to offer!

26 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

As much as I’m enjoying this I wish they had left the stealth sections out. I’m just getting past them by trial and error rather than skill - and the camera isn’t really set up for it.

You know you can just bind up every enemy with your chain, right?

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

You know you can just bind up every enemy with your chain, right?

I’m not great at it. I find it quite awkward to control the legion, circling around an enemy that’s some distance from the camera. I often ended up missing them and getting caught. I fell off the ceiling struts a lot too while I was trying to legion jump to them. Maybe that’s my fault rather than the game’s fault but it got frustrating starting over each time I messed up.

11 hours ago, Monkeyspill said:

I’m not great at it. I find it quite awkward to control the legion, circling around an enemy that’s some distance from the camera. I often ended up missing them and getting caught. I fell off the ceiling struts a lot too while I was trying to legion jump to them. Maybe that’s my fault rather than the game’s fault but it got frustrating starting over each time I messed up.

You don’t need to have your legion out. It just prompts when you are near them to press ZL

13 minutes ago, pledge said:

You don’t need to have your legion out. It just prompts when you are near them to press ZL

I only noticed that when I was on the rafters. For some reason I thought I had to tie them up when I was on the same level. I’ve finished that bit now anyway and it wasn’t too hard in the end.

On 16/09/2019 at 21:35, BadgerFarmer said:

Just finished it. Amazing final boss battle. And just a fantastic game start to finish.

Its a great battle (and game) but

(possible end boss spoilers !)

Spoiler

it is kicking my butt! I've died enough to realise some good ways of avoiding the (fucking) instadeaths. I had it down to about under 70% (now down to about 50% D:) health but at that point I run out of health items. Feeling I may have to go back and redo the level to get better results from the the white area Rez looking bit before this. Playing on Pt standard. (hoping this is actually the last boss. There are so many enemy varieties in this game :O . Any tips welcome cos I am grinding my teeth a little)

3 hours ago, mrpranny said:

Its a great battle (and game) but

(possible end boss spoilers !)

Hide contents

it is kicking my butt! I've died enough to realise some good ways of avoiding the (fucking) instadeaths. I had it down to about under 70% (now down to about 50% D:) health but at that point I run out of health items. Feeling I may have to go back and redo the level to get better results from the the white area Rez looking bit before this. Playing on Pt standard. (hoping this is actually the last boss. There are so many enemy varieties in this game :O . Any tips welcome cos I am grinding my teeth a little)

I had my ass kicked first time and s+’d on the second. My mistake was

Spoiler

Trying to use my preferred tactic of the blaster baton from a distance, chipping health down gradually.

Big mistake, he has some nasty ranged attacks so I switched to the big sword and smashed his face in up close and personal. That worked just great.