rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

Astral Chain - Out now and it's great!

Between this, DMC 5, Sekiro, Nioh 2 and perhaps Platinum's Babylon's Fall (who knows what type of game that is), it could be one hell of a year for Japanese action games. And there's Bayo 3 further down the line as well.

2 hours ago, Vemsie said:

Between this, DMC 5, Sekiro, Nioh 2 and perhaps Platinum's Babylon's Fall (who knows what type of game that is), it could be one hell of a year for Japanese action games. And there's Bayo 3 further down the line as well.

I do wonder if that has been Metroid Primed, as the person everybody thought was going to be in charge just officially announced he's no longer working for Platinum Games.

This is clearly a local game for local people, the art style isn't going to win many fans in the West.

2 minutes ago, mushashi said:

I do wonder if that has been Metroid Primed, as the person everybody thought was going to be in charge just officially announced he's no longer working for Platinum Games.

This is clearly a local game for local people, the art style isn't going to win many fans in the West.

I hope it's a Saito gig.

A message from PlatinumGames:

"We at PlatinumGames are proud to show off our latest project: Astral Chain, a thrilling new 'Synergetic Action' game for Nintendo Switch. We’ve been working on Astral Chain for a while now, but we’ve had to keep it under wraps until now. But now that it’s announced, you won’t have too long to wait – It’s coming to Nintendo Switch on August 30! I’m sure some of you were surprised to hear that an all-new, original PlatinumGames title is on its way so soon!

The idea for Astral Chain came from none other than Takahisa Taura, the lead game designer for NieR:Automata. Taura and his team – which includes veterans of such PlatinumGames classics as Bayonetta and NieR:Automata – have worked very hard to make his ideas into reality with Astral Chain, his directorial debut. Naturally, Taura’s no stranger to action games, but he’s pushed himself to new heights with the dual-character, Synergetic Action of Astral Chain.

Astral Chain brings you to a bold, near-future cyberpunk metropolis, featuring character designs by Masakazu Katsura, the acclaimed artist behind beloved manga and anime like ZETMAN and Video Girl Ai.

Last but not least, the team has received supervision and guidance from none other than Hideki Kamiya, to ensure that Astral Chain has that special something that action game fans have come to expect from PlatinumGames.

I hope that all of you will join me in looking forward to this exciting, original title from one of our up-and-coming directors. I’m confident that you’ll enjoy it."

• Upvote 4

Almost certain one of the voice actors in the trailer is the same guy that voiced 9S so brilliantly. All these Nier: Automata connections are extremely promising. I want to know who's doing the soundtrack.

• Upvote 2

ASTRAL CHAIN™, a brand new action game from PlatinumGames, is coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch! As part of a police special task force, it’s up to you to fight against mysterious, alien-like creatures who have invaded the world.

In the Ark, a multi-cultural city in the near future, disaster strikes when gates to another dimension suddenly appear! Dangerous creatures begin to emerge, attacking the people and polluting the land, and normal police forces are unable to compete with them. To stand up against these threats, a brand new, special police unit known as Neuron is formed.

Choose between two playable characters – one male, one female – on your adventure. The character you don’t choose also appears as your younger twin, and a fellow member of Neuron.

In order to resist the creatures, humanity developed a special weapon: the Legion. The Legion acts as your partner, and helps with your investigations. However, it’s in battle where the Legion shows its real ability...

Work together with the Legion and use all sorts of combat styles to fight your enemies. You could both attack the same enemy simultaneously, target different opponents, or send your Legion on the offensive while you support it with items. Use this synergetic action system to battle and explore together!

Making his directorial debut and known for his work as the game designer on NieR:Automata, Takahisa Taura is responsible for the concept and planning of ASTRAL CHAIN™. Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Bayonetta series, is in charge of supervision. The character design is by manga artist Masakazu Katsura, creator of ZETMAN and Video Girl Ai.

NSwitch_AstralChain_14.jpg

NSwitch_AstralChain_13.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I really didn’t want to buy a Switch but now I’ll have to. 

Hide contents

Because they cost money. I have nothing against the Switch.

Yeah they really are expensive. And I'm not convinced by the build quality either. But the games are ace.

Really enjoyed that Treehouse. The trailers haven't really done much for me but I really like the look of this. Very stylish, great looking world, and the combat looks brilliant, with some Wonderful 101-lite style stuff with the chain, by the looks of things.

I have a really good feeling about this one. Probably my favourite thing at E3 this year. Love the visual style of it and all the Nier Automata connections have me a little giddy.