Jump to content
rllmuk
mdn2

Tetris 99

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Well, Invictus is Easy this morning :p

 

Back to back 1st places, so I've won 3 of the last 4 I've played, definitely giving up for the day on a winning streak .

Amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been an utter pleasure catching up on this thread - I love how much everyone loves Tetris.

 

Invictus is brutal and fantastic. I have managed precisely one win (it's effort to access the screenshot from my Switch so I hope you trust me). Last night was very frustrating - managed to finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th within the span of 5 games.

 

When I browsed the list of missions, the one that stood out as "oh shit I'll never do that" was 3 all clears in a game, so @bradigor, please accept my hearty applause. The missions are fun, but a terrible slippery slope - I'm curious to know from this thread's hardiest experts, what's the hardest mission in that list?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would assume 3 Invictus wins in a row would be the hardest. I'll literally never do that. Can't even win one yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @joeplus, I've actually done it three times now (one that got me the badge, one where I got three in a row at the start and another with 2 at the start and one mid-game again).

 

I'd agree with @Benny though, I think I can get 2 in a row, but can never see myself getting three. 

 

Edit: Wait, isn't the three in a row, any online mode?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Benny said:

I would assume 3 Invictus wins in a row would be the hardest. I'll literally never do that. Can't even win one yet.

Fuck, that's on there? Knew I should have gone for the ever present "one more game" :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Thanks @joeplus, I've actually done it three times now (one that got me the badge, one where I got three in a row at the start and another with 2 at the start and one mid-game again).

 

Obviously I have Google and I'll use it, but can you recommend any All Clear tutorials? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an Invictus 3 win in a row badge? I thought it was just any three wins. I’m aiming for the nice shiny star mission badge and then chill. Ten in the top ten - I did 9 and then got zoomed out at 64th place. In regular 99 I feel like I can experiment more - trying out 4 wide and baiting and stuff. Probably winning less on that now but certainly more fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, joeplus said:

Obviously I have Google and I'll use it, but can you recommend any All Clear tutorials? Thanks!

 

Use this to get started: 

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was having a good crack at Invictus and made it to the last 4 and saw that the winner was amemiya’s win streak alt “Official”. I had no chance form the start! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good work!

 

A bit annoying that some of the stats from before the big update clearly haven't carried over. I've done the 3 in a row more than once.

 

IMG_20190920_102401.jpg

IMG_20190920_102412.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

Yep totally. You can do it again tho! I’ve managed 2 lucky all clears in a game a couple of times, but never 3. The Kirby Theme is quite fun.

 

Let's swap, you get me the 3 wins, I'll get you all-clears ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those considering it - my physical copy of Tetris 99 turned up today and the implementation is smart.

 

When I plug the cartridge in and boot up it shows all the DLC available. If I remove the cartridge it still lets me boot up and play without the DLC utilising the same icon.

 

This is the perfect solution and not what happens on PS4 (eg: I had to choose between an install of download Sonic Mania or and installation of disc Sonic Mania Plus)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Kirby theme is my favourite so far. It's incredibly jolly. And just got a win on it, natch.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is doing my head in is the 10 times in the top ten in a row. I’ve done 9 twice and then got a horrible exit. It will happen though and I’ve enjoyed playing regular 99 quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm one short of the 10 wins in Invictus mode, I think it knows though, as it's been kicking my arse ever since I got to 9 :(

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

laxy theme, oh my, this is the best one ( outside of the event ones ) that I have seen so far, the music is superb, it's a bit too chilled for Invictus, but I'm enjoying it and well worth the 15 coins :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Galaxy? Yeah - definitely alongside the default theme - but that Kirby theme is just the best.

 

I've improved so much at Tetris through this recently. I can nail T-Spin opportunities and find the best way for me is to look at the upcoming pieces quickly to see whether it's worthwhile or will cause issues.

 

Done a few triple T-Spin setups from start and don't find it to be worth the hassle. Ditto for all clears.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Galaxy? Yeah - definitely alongside the default theme - but that Kirby theme is just the best.

 

I've improved so much at Tetris through this recently. I can nail T-Spin opportunities and find the best way for me is to look at the upcoming pieces quickly to see whether it's worthwhile or will cause issues.

 

Done a few triple T-Spin setups from start and don't find it to be worth the hassle. Ditto for all clears.

Couldn't get on with Kirby, or anything e;se really, apart from Splatoon 2, THAT is my style of choice normally, it's just chaos, makes me wish I liked ( was any good at ! ) Splatoon .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the Galaxy theme seemed to lag a bit when a lot was going on. Might have just been me. The best thing about the Kirby theme is the garbage sending star trails are a lot thinner than other themes so you can still see what's going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been neglecting this a bit of late. My finishes are all over the place. Trying to go for the 10 Top 10 finishes in a row badge and getting nowhere near. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know it’s funny, check out this heart breaker:

 

Anyway, after this I knew I was on about a 6/7 streak, then the achievement popped up and I was like whut, but turns out I had inexplicably had a string of 3-4 Invictus matches in the top ten the night before which must have counted. 

34AC9DE4-BF15-489B-99F2-3BCD89C9D70F.jpeg

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2019 at 15:52, MW_Jimmy said:

For those considering it - my physical copy of Tetris 99 turned up today and the implementation is smart.

 

When I plug the cartridge in and boot up it shows all the DLC available. If I remove the cartridge it still lets me boot up and play without the DLC utilising the same icon.

 

This is the perfect solution and not what happens on PS4 (eg: I had to choose between an install of download Sonic Mania or and installation of disc Sonic Mania Plus)

Is that the UK version or a US one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, strider said:

Is that the UK version or a US one?

 

UK version - although I don't see why it would be any different in the US version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.