rllmuk
mdn2

Tetris 99

20 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Well, Invictus is Easy this morning :p

Back to back 1st places, so I've won 3 of the last 4 I've played, definitely giving up for the day on a winning streak .

Amazing

Been an utter pleasure catching up on this thread - I love how much everyone loves Tetris.

Invictus is brutal and fantastic. I have managed precisely one win (it's effort to access the screenshot from my Switch so I hope you trust me). Last night was very frustrating - managed to finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th within the span of 5 games.

When I browsed the list of missions, the one that stood out as "oh shit I'll never do that" was 3 all clears in a game, so @bradigor, please accept my hearty applause. The missions are fun, but a terrible slippery slope - I'm curious to know from this thread's hardiest experts, what's the hardest mission in that list?

• Upvote 3

I would assume 3 Invictus wins in a row would be the hardest. I'll literally never do that. Can't even win one yet.

Thanks @joeplus, I've actually done it three times now (one that got me the badge, one where I got three in a row at the start and another with 2 at the start and one mid-game again).

I'd agree with @Benny though, I think I can get 2 in a row, but can never see myself getting three. 

Edit: Wait, isn't the three in a row, any online mode?

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Benny said:

I would assume 3 Invictus wins in a row would be the hardest. I'll literally never do that. Can't even win one yet.

Fuck, that's on there? Knew I should have gone for the ever present "one more game" :(

6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Thanks @joeplus, I've actually done it three times now (one that got me the badge, one where I got three in a row at the start and another with 2 at the start and one mid-game again).

Obviously I have Google and I'll use it, but can you recommend any All Clear tutorials? Thanks!

Is there an Invictus 3 win in a row badge? I thought it was just any three wins. I’m aiming for the nice shiny star mission badge and then chill. Ten in the top ten - I did 9 and then got zoomed out at 64th place. In regular 99 I feel like I can experiment more - trying out 4 wide and baiting and stuff. Probably winning less on that now but certainly more fun.

9 hours ago, joeplus said:

Obviously I have Google and I'll use it, but can you recommend any All Clear tutorials? Thanks!

Use this to get started: 

• Upvote 3

Was having a good crack at Invictus and made it to the last 4 and saw that the winner was amemiya’s win streak alt “Official”. I had no chance form the start! :(

Good work!

A bit annoying that some of the stats from before the big update clearly haven't carried over. I've done the 3 in a row more than once.

IMG_20190920_102401.jpg

IMG_20190920_102412.jpg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

Yep totally. You can do it again tho! I’ve managed 2 lucky all clears in a game a couple of times, but never 3. The Kirby Theme is quite fun.

Let's swap, you get me the 3 wins, I'll get you all-clears ;)

For those considering it - my physical copy of Tetris 99 turned up today and the implementation is smart.

When I plug the cartridge in and boot up it shows all the DLC available. If I remove the cartridge it still lets me boot up and play without the DLC utilising the same icon.

This is the perfect solution and not what happens on PS4 (eg: I had to choose between an install of download Sonic Mania or and installation of disc Sonic Mania Plus)

• Upvote 1

I think the Kirby theme is my favourite so far. It's incredibly jolly. And just got a win on it, natch.

• Upvote 1

What is doing my head in is the 10 times in the top ten in a row. I’ve done 9 twice and then got a horrible exit. It will happen though and I’ve enjoyed playing regular 99 quite a bit.

I'm one short of the 10 wins in Invictus mode, I think it knows though, as it's been kicking my arse ever since I got to 9 :(

• Upvote 1

laxy theme, oh my, this is the best one ( outside of the event ones ) that I have seen so far, the music is superb, it's a bit too chilled for Invictus, but I'm enjoying it and well worth the 15 coins :)

Galaxy? Yeah - definitely alongside the default theme - but that Kirby theme is just the best.

I've improved so much at Tetris through this recently. I can nail T-Spin opportunities and find the best way for me is to look at the upcoming pieces quickly to see whether it's worthwhile or will cause issues.

Done a few triple T-Spin setups from start and don't find it to be worth the hassle. Ditto for all clears.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Galaxy? Yeah - definitely alongside the default theme - but that Kirby theme is just the best.

I've improved so much at Tetris through this recently. I can nail T-Spin opportunities and find the best way for me is to look at the upcoming pieces quickly to see whether it's worthwhile or will cause issues.

Done a few triple T-Spin setups from start and don't find it to be worth the hassle. Ditto for all clears.

Couldn't get on with Kirby, or anything e;se really, apart from Splatoon 2, THAT is my style of choice normally, it's just chaos, makes me wish I liked ( was any good at ! ) Splatoon .

I found the Galaxy theme seemed to lag a bit when a lot was going on. Might have just been me. The best thing about the Kirby theme is the garbage sending star trails are a lot thinner than other themes so you can still see what's going on.

Been neglecting this a bit of late. My finishes are all over the place. Trying to go for the 10 Top 10 finishes in a row badge and getting nowhere near. 

You know it’s funny, check out this heart breaker:

Anyway, after this I knew I was on about a 6/7 streak, then the achievement popped up and I was like whut, but turns out I had inexplicably had a string of 3-4 Invictus matches in the top ten the night before which must have counted. 

34AC9DE4-BF15-489B-99F2-3BCD89C9D70F.jpeg

• Upvote 3

On 20/09/2019 at 15:52, MW_Jimmy said:

For those considering it - my physical copy of Tetris 99 turned up today and the implementation is smart.

When I plug the cartridge in and boot up it shows all the DLC available. If I remove the cartridge it still lets me boot up and play without the DLC utilising the same icon.

This is the perfect solution and not what happens on PS4 (eg: I had to choose between an install of download Sonic Mania or and installation of disc Sonic Mania Plus)

Is that the UK version or a US one?

3 minutes ago, strider said:

Is that the UK version or a US one?

UK version - although I don't see why it would be any different in the US version.