rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Cyhwuhx

Hollow Knight: Silksong - Hollow Knight 2: Hornet Harder

I'm so glad this isn't just a remix of the original with Hornet. Sure, would've snapped that up as well, but a full blown sequel? So soon? :wub:

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Wow. That looks far, far more substantial than I'd expected. And just as wonderful as I'd hoped. Really excited about zippier movement options.

Interesting that they outright call it a sequel; is it not DLC for the original game anymore? It definitely looks like more than enough to stand alone.

Considering how much free updates they did for HK, I want to pay them money at this point. But yeah, I'm guessing DLC is off the table.

[edit] Updated FP.

:omg:

Seriously, between this, Links Awakening and Astral Chain, this has probably been the best 24 hours of gaming reveals ever for me. Genuinely can't wait. 

:omg:

Really impressive that they’re giving this free to backers of the original Kickstarter. I know this was on the cards when it was a dlc stretch, but I’d have been perfectly happy to buy it outright.

Yeah they mention it taking that opposite approach in their Details video; seems like this theme might have informed the mechanics of the game itself too, jusging by the way Hornet gains height when attacking enemies in the air.

I think The Messenger had a similar mechanic. I've not played that tmyet though.

Looks brilliant and I agree it will be nice to have different movement mechanics to give it a unique feel. 

Fairly excited for this having just finished (as far as I am willing to go ) Hollow Knight. 

• Upvote 1

There’s a running jump slash somersault move in that video that looks fun as fuck. The first game was such a tight little game to control, really satisfying stuff. This looks to lube it up a bit. It’ll be entirely joyous to dance and bounce around the new map. 

• Upvote 4

Yay! While I would have loved Team Cherry to tackle something completely different for their second game, more Hollow Knight is certainly no bad thing.

No need to rush this, guys, I’ve got plenty of other games at the moment. Naturally I’ll drop them all for Silksong the moment it becomes available, but give the other games a chance? :D

Hollow Knight was so good it actually put me off games for a while after I finished it as nothing else I picked up compared. 

This is amazing news and like others have said if the combat and movement is a bit more dynamic and acrobatic then I think it will be really interesting 

• Empathy 1

Small bit of Silksong footage taken from E3. 

Seriously my most anticipated game right now. 

• Upvote 2