Retro Asylum Podcast: 8 Bit Sonic games

Swainy

• 3 weeks later...

D8uYlpw.png

After years of delivering highly produced Xmas specials (a debatable statement) the RA team leave this years effort down to fate. Will this cavalier attitude end in disaster or will you enjoy the party regardless? As usual, all the latest news and gosip is discussed. Special thanks to Scott Pearson for our wonderful cover!

https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/retroasylum/RA_272_Christmas_Party_2021.mp3

• 4 weeks later...

l6IdInt.jpg

The goal scoring superstar heroes of RA (aka Chris and Mads) don their shooting boots and limber up for an in-depth look at Sensible Software’s iconic 1994 title, Sensible World of Soccer. We also get the usual dose of “what have you been up to” and a look at some of the recent news from the world of retro gaming.

https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/retroasylum/Episode_274_-_Sensible_World_of_Soccer.mp3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nE635yi.jpg

In our game club episode for January 2021, Mads is missing as Chris v1 and Chris v2 take a deep dive into the not-D&D Intellivision RPG, Tower of Doom. They may not have enjoyed the game too much, but they did enjoy catching up on the latest news from the gaming world.

https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/retroasylum/Episode_276_-_Tower_of_Doom.mp3

Also our website http://retroasylum.com has been given a fresh lick of paint. So if you want to download any of our back catalogue (over 10 years worth of retro gaming podcasts) or take a butchers at our magazine style covers then please do give us a visit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PYCIPbU.jpg

Our Game Club winner for April 2022 is W*H*B on the #ZXSpectrum by @BobsStuffGames Thanks to everyone who took time to vote. The game can be downloaded at bobs-stuff.itch.io/whb Join in the discussion over on our discord channel: discord.gg/tZJjPpS9y9 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2022 at 21:22, Swainy said:

CisaDjl.png

Why Hate Boris? Which Hover Bike? No, it’s got to be Welsh Hairy Bloke! Join Dean, Chris, and Mads as they explore the wonderful ZX Spectrum puzzle game that is W*H*B.

https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/retroasylum/Episode_283_-_WHB.mp3

Loads of old episodes seem to have disappeared? Any reason for this? I was enjoying some classic episodes and now they are gone...

9 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Loads of old episodes seem to have disappeared? Any reason for this? I was enjoying some classic episodes and now they are gone...

We have decided to remove certain episodes from our back catalogue as we were recently made aware of a former hosts involvement in a serious crime and subsequent police investigation, the person in question is now awaiting sentencing. 

Retro Asylum would like to state that we are utterly appalled by the former hosts crimes and even though this person hasn't been on the show for many years, we as a collective felt it to be in the public interest to remove all episodes and artworks featuring said host.

Dean, Steve, Chris, Mads and Matt.

2 hours ago, Swainy said:

We have decided to remove certain episodes from our back catalogue as we were recently made aware of a former hosts involvement in a serious crime and subsequent police investigation, the person in question is now awaiting sentencing. 

Retro Asylum would like to state that we are utterly appalled by the former hosts crimes and even though this person hasn't been on the show for many years, we as a collective felt it to be in the public interest to remove all episodes and artworks featuring said host.

Dean, Steve, Chris, Mads and Matt.

Blimey. That's fair enough then! I still have plenty to choose from. Need more 8-bit wars. 

I’m actually pretty shaken by this. I’ve met the bloke and done a few things with him at EGX etc in the past.

You just never know, do you? Absolute fucking scum.

as for the people over at Retro Asylum, I can’t imagine how hard this must be for them. I hope they’re all doing ok.

Yes, the past week has been shocking and a complete headache for me & the rest of the RA team.

Loosing a lot of a back catalogue is damaging to us but it was obviously the right thing to do. I was more worried about how our listeners and the rest of the community would react. Thankfully the response has been overwhelming and the majority of people have shown us a great deal of support.

We will be recording a new episode very soon so hopefully we can move on from this as quickly as possible.

2 minutes ago, Swainy said:

Yes, the past week has been shocking and a complete headache for me & the rest of the RA team.

Loosing a lot of a back catalogue is damaging to us but it was obviously the right thing to do. I was more worried about how our listeners and the rest of the community would react. Thankfully the response has been overwhelming and the majority of people have shown us a great deal of support.

We will be recording a new episode very soon so hopefully we can move on from this as quickly as possible.

only suggestion I can make is to see this as a huge opportunity to clearly the shit and as stoppy says, go back to those subjects and replace them with new content! Hope it all goes well for you mate.

24 minutes ago, Swainy said:

Rest assured when the story of Action Biker is being retold I'll be there to download it. 

2 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

I'm a bit clueless when it comes to itunes, will these episodes be automatically removed or might it be better for me to unsub and delete the eps and then resub?

(I have as much of a podcast backlog as I do a games one.)

Well unless those episodes are in your phone’s memory you should be good.

6 minutes ago, Swainy said:

Well unless those episodes are in your phone’s memory you should be good.

I'm old school, they're on my hard drive. In Australia streaming is rough as, on my way to work alone there's two blackspots where the signal drops out entirely.

Right decision.

I think it's clear now who the person in question is. Thing is, there are at least three people prominent in the "retro scene" with that name. Two of whom I follow on Twitter and at least one of whom posts here. So which of these people with this name is the one which has been arrested? Can someone tell me so I don't make an arse of myself? Ta.

11 minutes ago, deKay said:

Right decision.

I think it's clear now who the person in question is. Thing is, there are at least three people prominent in the "retro scene" with that name. Two of whom I follow on Twitter and at least one of whom posts here. So which of these people with this name is the one which has been arrested? Can someone tell me so I don't make an arse of myself? Ta.

I suspect the two that are still active on social media. If the accused is being held pending charges I suspect they won't be tweeting. If they still own a device to tweet from.

• Swainy changed the title to Retro Asylum Podcast: 8 Bit Sonic games