IGNORED

The 3DS Resurrection thread

Raven

They are remakes with countless of improvements, not just ports with added 3D. The button configuration has been remapped to fit the layout of the 3DS. Most character models have been redesigned and and have better animations. 2D elements like the town square or the exterior of the temple of time in the original OoT are complete 3D models now. Majora has a pretty essential QoL improvement with the added logbook. The added gyro aiming works fantastic. They’re pretty much the definitive versions of the games with no real reason to play the originals again. 

2 hours ago, Grobbelboy said:

They are remakes with countless of improvements, not just ports with added 3D. The button configuration has been remapped to fit the layout of the 3DS. Most character models have been redesigned and and have better animations. 2D elements like the town square or the exterior of the temple of time in the original OoT are complete 3D models now. Majora has a pretty essential QoL improvement with the added logbook. The added gyro aiming works fantastic. They’re pretty much the definitive versions of the games with no real reason to play the originals again. 

Hold on, now. It's not that cut and dry for Majora's. https://youtu.be/653wuaP0wzs

Had a good time with Warioware Gold recently. It has the best of all the portable Warioware games with three sets of challenges (mash, twist and touch). Excellent package. 

I believe there's also a Rhythm Heaven Gold that similarly combines the GBA and DS games. 

A physical copy of Echoes Is only £21 from Amazon. I preferred Awakening of the three 3DS games and you need to buy the DLC to get all three paths of Fates. 

Dragon Quest VIiI is back in stock at Amazon for the first time in ages.

Having had a 3DS XL for years that hasn't had v much use in recent years I really want to upgrade to a 'new' 3DS and need some advice.

'New' 3DS XLs seem to be in short supply compared to the standard 'new' 3ds and also have the disadvantage of no cover plates plus a lower pixel density. As someone used to my 3DS XL screen will I notice the standard 'new' 3DS screen to be compromising the experience by being too small?

Are Jaggies on the 'new' 3DS XL screen notably worse than they were on the standard 3DS XL screens?

I owned the original 3ds and i have a New XL 3ds. The later is fantastic, the big screen really helps and i can't say i ever noticed any issues with pixels. I couldn't go back to my original these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my fire emblem edition 3ds XL ressurrected from the dead around 6 months back (the repairer kindly also modded it to add FBI but I have made no use if it's hacked functionality)

I had since been on the look out for a 'new' 3ds xl in mint condition to add to my collection and picked one up today.  It's a Spice Orange one and looks lovely except for a couple of scratches to the case that now seem more noticeable than I at first thought, so am debating selling on and keep looking for a mint one.

The guy I bought it from mentioned it wasn't hackable / moddable as it is the latest version released. Seeing as I have made no use if this functionality on my existing XL not that fussed but curious to know if his statement is true... thought all 3DS consoles had the same level of security.  Not that I had planned on doing anything of that nature with the one I settle on adding to the collection but if I am going to have a single collector's item to jealously hoard it might be good to have one that can play host to as much of my gameboy/DS/3DS/lynx games collection as possible without me having to dig out my original consoles and carts from the loft/garage.

-Edit- Having done a search seems that latest firmware would be un-hackable that is kind of a shame as access to emulators on the system would be good, also noticed some scuffs/scratches on the circle pad so this newly acquired system as nice as it is may end up getting passed on as would rather have one that is as close to pristine as possible and with the option to tinker with modification at some point in the future.

On 09/04/2022 at 11:27, bear said:

Does anyone know if that Homepass router stuff still works?

I'd like to get the puzzle pieces I never got. 

I imagine it's probably easier to get the remaining pieces with custom firmware now, that's what I eventually ended up doing.

On 17/04/2022 at 20:06, mwaawm said:

I had my fire emblem edition 3ds XL ressurrected from the dead around 6 months back (the repairer kindly also modded it to add FBI but I have made no use if it's hacked functionality)

I had since been on the look out for a 'new' 3ds xl in mint condition to add to my collection and picked one up today.  It's a Spice Orange one and looks lovely except for a couple of scratches to the case that now seem more noticeable than I at first thought, so am debating selling on and keep looking for a mint one.

The guy I bought it from mentioned it wasn't hackable / moddable as it is the latest version released. Seeing as I have made no use if this functionality on my existing XL not that fussed but curious to know if his statement is true... thought all 3DS consoles had the same level of security.  Not that I had planned on doing anything of that nature with the one I settle on adding to the collection but if I am going to have a single collector's item to jealously hoard it might be good to have one that can play host to as much of my gameboy/DS/3DS/lynx games collection as possible without me having to dig out my original consoles and carts from the loft/garage.

-Edit- Having done a search seems that latest firmware would be un-hackable that is kind of a shame as access to emulators on the system would be good, also noticed some scuffs/scratches on the circle pad so this newly acquired system as nice as it is may end up getting passed on as would rather have one that is as close to pristine as possible and with the option to tinker with modification at some point in the future.

Have you checked out seedminer? 

On 18/04/2022 at 09:19, Spiceymike said:

I imagine it's probably easier to get the remaining pieces with custom firmware now, that's what I eventually ended up doing.

How do you mean? I'm interested in this...

Finally got my copy of Andro Dunos 2  for my collection. Yeah I could have just downloaded it as my 3DS has custom firmware, but physical and all that I suppose, and not a thief on this occasion.

35 minutes ago, Sumire said:

Finally got my copy of Andro Dunos 2  for my collection. Yeah I could have just downloaded it as my 3DS has custom firmware, but physical and all that I suppose, and not a thief on this occasion.

I keep toying with the idea of buying it, I know it’ll never be opened or even played if a yarred it, but I’ve got a soft spot for sealed 3ds and ds games, last I looked there were 700+ still available, sooooooo on the fence 😂

I have 2 3ds's and honestly I think they will be true collectors consoles one day, I know there are an abundance of games available but like others have said, the consoles themselves are quite spot on with their portability and have some fantastic games.

I have a Pikachu 3DS XL which sit's nicely with my GBC Pikachu edition and then the new 3ds (ambassador edition), I wouldn't mind picking up a new 2ds XL when finances are a bit better later in the year but I don't think I will be hacking them as I typically like my consoles untouched in that regard unless I've bought one specifically for it.

That said I have started picking up the odd game for the DS / 3DS as I can see a fair few titles becoming expensive before long, the latest addition I have coming is Golden Sun Dark Dawn :) 

On 07/04/2022 at 23:20, Vorgot said:

Give me a shout if you struggle with the account stuff.

So I'm finally trying to buy some stuff off the eshop

I need to create a Nintendo network id (on the 3ds itself) and then I think I can link that to my switch account

Do the accounts need different email addresses?

57 minutes ago, Gloomy Andy said:

So I'm finally trying to buy some stuff off the eshop

I need to create a Nintendo network id (on the 3ds itself) and then I think I can link that to my switch account

Do the accounts need different email addresses?

No. Your switch account just needs to be linked to your Nintendo network I’d. go the the Nintendo site you can link it there

22 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

No. Your switch account just needs to be linked to your Nintendo network I’d. go the the Nintendo site you can link it there

I've not got a Nintendo network id yet

Wasn't sure if I needed to set it up with the same email address but it doesn't sound like it

Thanks

For some reason I had to call Nintendo to link my old 3DS Nintendo ID account and the ‘proper’ one I made for my switch. They did it all over the phone and it worked just fine. 

After they’re linked any funds you put in on switch show up on your 3DS

I now have 3 of these lying around a fire emblem xl, a spice orange new xl and a blue new xl.

The fire emblem and blue new xl both are jail broken and I have an issue regarding gage saves.  Booted up fire emblem awakening in the original one and my save file seems to be missing only seem to have the kids save on there which has reached the final boss battle. Now there was some dlc available within the game that I can't recall if I purchased or not but looks like I will have to start a new game grin scratch.  If i do can i use any jailbroken software to transfer this save onto the other XL as am inclined to store my fire emblem one away due to its being a limited edition.

I forgot about this thread! Per my most recent post in the eshop thread, 2nd best visual novel (after Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations) ever made, and all around brain exploding sci-fi branching-narrative-em-up Virtue's Last Reward is £3.99 in the sale, which is a frankly disgusting price. Please buy it and play it, if you haven't already!