IGNORED

Pokemon Sword & Shield - Nintendo Switch

ThePixelbarks

Pick a team!  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Apparently, the review embargo set for today has been extended,

I've got a horrible feeling this is going to be a shit show. I’m gutted as I have played to death every main line Pokemon game 

Pretty sure it’s always been set for tomorrow, be wary of what you read regarding the game online since it has a fucking mental hate mob going for it. Is there any legit source that they’ve extended the embargo by a day?

If you’ve loved past Pokemon games I can’t see how this will suddenly be the one to make you hate them.

17 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

If you’ve loved past Pokemon games I can’t see how this will suddenly be the one to make you hate them.

The parts I loved are seemingly missing, the National Dex, the trading to help you complete your Dex, it just seems like they’ve proper rushed it out for a franchise so huge and the first main console game.

”Gotta Catch Em........Well some, you’ve got to catch some of em”

1 minute ago, CovisGod said:

The parts I loved are seemingly missing, the National Dex, the trading to help you complete your Dex, it just seems like they’ve proper rushed it out for a franchise so huge and the first main console game.

”Gotta Catch Em........Well some, you’ve got to catch some of em”

Wait and see what the actual reviews are like I guess!

Or you know, listen to people that were pissed off with the game from the moment it was first revealed. 

1 minute ago, Bojangle said:

Wait and see what the actual reviews are like I guess!

Or you know, listen to people that were pissed off with the game from the moment it was first revealed. 

No chance I’ll cancel my Pre-Order or any of that jazz but there does seem to be a few glaring omissions from what I would expect for the first mainline Switch Pokemon game, to actually cut a lot of what makes the games great just doesn’t make sense.

I hope to god I’m wrong and this is amazing I really do

53 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Some of the areas apparently don’t have a battle background so the game just loads in a PS One era grey skybox:

Reveal hidden contents

0B99438A-ED55-48A1-A910-116587B20214.thumb.jpeg.4c2f6ec1624eff8013ad5e532d10e1ab.jpeg

What year is this?

The year is 2019, the pokemon ability in action here is "Trick room". You're now falling for complete lies from people with dishonest intent.

14 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

There’s no postgame either apart from a stripped back tower. I don’t how this compares to previous games but supposedly this is bad.

This is the norm for initial releases of a generation. "Battle tower" is normally (there's probably an exception, but I skipped a lot of pokemon between Black/White and now) a feature added in the "Crystal/Platinum/Black2/...Mace?" edition.

9 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

There’s no postgame either apart from a stripped back tower. I don’t how this compares to previous games but supposedly this is bad.

Sun and Moon had pretty poor/short post game content too, which was fine for me since I was basically done with the game by that point. Not sure I've bothered with the post game stuff since Gold/Silver tbh, I just don't have that kinda time anymore.

Just now, Pixelbark said:

The year is 2019, the pokemon ability in action here is "Trick room". You're now falling for complete lies from people with dishonest intent.

This is exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about with my "mental hate mob" comment earlier. Do yourselves a favour grindmouse and Covis, step away from Reddit and wait for some trusted sources to tell you if it's a stinker or not.

1 minute ago, Pixelbark said:

Yeah, they just put gambling for children in their games instead.

I was referring to how EA pull exactly this shit every generation. RIP out most of the features then spend the next years gradually putting it all back.

On 11/11/2019 at 18:35, Dr Nookie said:

My son - 8 year old is only just getting into Pokemon.  He's got a few cards, and has just done the Let's Go Pikachu demo on the Switch.  

What should I get him for Chrimbo?  That or this?  I literally haven't got a clue about this stuff.

A Pokemon the card game trainer kit. Teach him to play and learn yourself with your partner. 

5 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

When does the review embargo on this lift?

Today apparently, it's going to be chaos regardless of which way it goes, if it reviews badly then people are just going to be shitting on Game Freak. If it reviews well (which let's be honest, it will probably at least be inline with S/M) then the video game journalists are paid shills who don't know a shit game when they see one.

2 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Today apparently, it's going to be chaos regardless of which way it goes, if it reviews badly then people are just going to be shitting on Game Freak. If it reviews well (which let's be honest, it will probably at least be inline with S/M) then the video game journalists are paid shills who don't know a shit game when they see one.

Genuinely if this is as good as S/M and not some featureless stripped down version of a Pokemon game I’ll be a happy man, I can live with that

For every rabid nutter blowing a gasket about assets and whatnot there's ten sub ten year olds that don't give a fuck about any of that shit. Pokemon is a game where 'vocal minority' is very much a thing just by sheer volume of copies sold of each edition.

Whether that's good or bad for the continuation of the series? I guess we'll see. What is certain is that all these people screaming bloody murder will still buy it just so they can go "SEE?! SEE!?! WE FUCKING TOLD YOU IT WAS A SHAM!" while missing the irony completely.

12 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

You need to question why this would be a problem for you?

Because if it IS shit/broken/unfinished that doesn't mean the people who spent the past 2/3 years putting all their effort into the game deserve shitting on. Nobody sets out to make a bad game, there's always external factors at play in those situations. I've been in those situations and it fucking sucks.

I'm not saying it's okay for them to put out a bad game, if it is indeed a bit rubs, but I can see the reasons why it might have turned out that way and have some basic human compassion for the people who continued working on the game and seeing it to the finish line.

5 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Because if it IS shit/broken/unfinished that doesn't mean the people who spent the past 2/3 years putting all their effort into the game deserve shitting on. Nobody sets out to make a bad game, there's always external factors at play in those situations. I've been in those situations and it fucking sucks.

I'm not saying it's okay for them to put out a bad game, if it is indeed a bit rubs, but I can see the reasons why it might have turned out that way and have some basic human compassion for the people who continued working on the game and seeing it to the finish line.

I just can’t agree with this, for a franchise worth so much money I don’t buy the “situations can happen” angle, they’ve got such a huge pot of money to throw at it and literally no expectation of this releasing this year considering Let’s Go didn’t come out that long ago,

If its unfinished and not the game you wanted to make, delay it. Animal Crossing has. I’d prefer to wait for the first console Pokemon and make it amazing than sighing every time I read a feature they’ve cut

Just now, grindmouse said:

By shitting on them you mean consumers voicing their disapproval. Without that TPC/GF would never get the message that they need to do better.

I'm mostly referencing the many "Game Freak is filled with bad programmers and animators and they need to do better" takes that are filling Twitter and Reddit.

I've yet to see any actual consumers voicing their disapproval. It's all based on anger from leaks which have come from sources that already hate the game, how is that so hard to understand?