IGNORED

Pokemon Sword & Shield - Nintendo Switch

ThePixelbarks

Pick a team!  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Oh really? Is that written in an article that will make me cry because Iwata anywhere?

Better than article form. It's even in a Pokemon game:

https://kotaku.com/ultra-sun-and-moon-shouts-out-the-time-iwata-helped-sav-1820765359

Boy, when we were told halfway through development to make Kanto, too...

I thought I might just expire on the spot! But I’m glad we made it that way.

When we were having trouble fitting all the data in for Gold and Silver, and we were really in a pinch, this amazing guy came along and made a program for us that solved all our problems. He went on to become the amazing president of a real big company soon after that, too.

Looks good but noticed there was no wild Pokemon walking around like in Let's Go which is disappointing. Also still looks quite linear/enclosed with fences etc and not the BoTW-style openess I was hoping for. 

Was hoping for something to blow me away and to revolutionise the series but first impressions is it looks like more of the usual - which is no bad thing because that's great anyway.

Why would they re-invent their wildly successful and popular game to try and  convert people who haven't cared about the series for the previous 23 years though? As someone who has absolutely loved all of the previous games, I'd be very disappointed if they made something completely different.  I used to feel that way about the Warriors/Musou games but then just concluded that they weren't for me.

7 minutes ago, JLM said:

Why would they re-invent their wildly successful and popular game to try and  convert people who haven't cared about the series for the previous 23 years though? As someone who has absolutely loved all of the previous games, I'd be very disappointed if they made something completely different.  I used to feel that way about the Warriors/Musou games but then just concluded that they weren't for me.

This. Complaining that massive franchises doesn't change is almost like complaining about coffee don't taste more like tea. 

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

You let them evolve?!

:unsure: Yes? 

I must admit I'm rather new to the Pokemon games. 

I'd never been fully engrossed in a Pokemon game until Pokemon Go. Then I played my kid's Sun game. Loved it so much that I got Let's Go for Christmas. Ever since I started I've always evolved whatever I can, whenever. 

SOBBLE

I go into every one of these with the firm resolve to catch all of them but I always run out of steam about two thirds through. Not this time. This time I really am going to catch "em" all and be, if not the very best, at least adequate.

I'm excited. I was going to say that I hope the Switch doesn't prove to be too unwieldy for impromptu battling and trading etc. but heck, we did it on the Game Boy with a cable and that was fine.

21 minutes ago, JLM said:

It's not really a "re-invention", though, to want a more open world, is it, as @Jackson and @Azrael were suggesting? I didn't see anyone complaining when they made Zelda open world in BOTW.

This looks ok, but so far there's nothing to suggest that it's nothing but another slighter higher res iteration of the same game they've been making since 1996. I'd love to be proved wrong, of course, but the return to random, turn-based battles seems like a step back for me.

25 minutes ago, JLM said:Why would they re-invent their wildly successful and popular game to try and  convert people who haven't cared about the series for the previous 23 years though?

They expect that because all the rumours mentioned a BotW style reinvention.

It does look very safe and a bit dull, especially the world map being literally a straight line and made up of locations that offer sweeping vistas you can’t step foot in because they’re behind a waist high fence funnelling you down that line, like they’re unable to make an HD RPG without it becoming FF13

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

This. Complaining that massive franchises doesn't change is almost like complaining about coffee don't taste more like tea. 

No it’s not. And you might get a Breath of the Wild or a God of War 2018 out of it. 

The Nintendo fanboy is always ready. If things change, it’s brilliant. If they don’t, they’d be mad to and you were stupid for ever hoping for it in the first place. 

Where did they announce fixed cameras?

And why does that matter anyway?

And where did they say it wasn’t full open world?

EDIT: and Sun and Moon didn’t have the Link’s Awakening viewpoint.