rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

Pokemon Sword & Shield - Nintendo Switch

Pick a team!  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 minutes ago, Tony said:

Sorry just saw this. Too late?

ah, no worries. We had a beaver & cub event to attend on Zoom that came out of nowhere too. I’ll try catch you another time or will try catch one myself for him like a good dad 

Galarian Mr mime until May 28

May 29 until June 4 Galarian Ponyta 

June 5 until June 11 Galarian Corsola

June 12 until June ? Galarian Meowth

• Upvote 1

396 Caught! :hat:

Anyone able to help me finish this off please?

I need the following:

Mawile

Gothita / Gothorita / Gothitelle *(I guess any of these as I can breed a Gothita)

Lucario* - Currently trying to increase friendship with my Riolu

Drampa

Espeon

Umbreon

Raichu

The underlined two I nearly have ready, just need raise friendship, but would save me time if we could just trade :D

Any help greatly appreciated, can be on anytime to get this done.

*just evolved/caught

Espeon and Umbreon are easy to catch on the Wild Area. Every evolution can be caught at the Lake of Outrage just outside the stone circle and the one that appears is dependent on the weather. I can’t remember what the weather needs to be for those that you’re after, I just visited every day until I’d got all of them.

I know mate, but I just want to get this done, I dont want to wait another 4/5 days for the weather to be right!

But for Esp and Umb, I nearly have the Eevess at top friendship so its just a case of waiting for Day/Night to level up and evolve not a prob, same with Pikachu, its the others I would like traded.

Sooo after a little tweak of the date settings my Pokedex is now 400 caught.

Let the Shiny hunt begin.

• Upvote 1

Some of the best Legendaries in that list. I'm still working on the Galar Pokedex so I'm going to hold off playing the DLC until I've finished it. I'm ignoring the Max versions because I don't the max raid battles at all. 

I've been pushing to complete my dex in time for the DLC, and now sit at 9 left to go. Not only is this the closest I've ever gotten to completing one, I also have a Shield-owning friend ready to help me finish the lot later tonight! I decided I just had to get that Shiny charm before another few hundred mons came along to make it all the tougher.

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

I'm very excited for the expansion. :omg: 

You and me both, bro! A couple of my faves are coming back, and I've never actually had a Rayquaza before so that will be nice.

@shirubagan Not read much about the expansion, to be honest. I bought it as soon as it was announced, because of course I would, but for once I'm going in fairly blind.

Thanks for the offer, I'll shout if I need anything, but I expect to have it completed in just over an hour or so, as my friend is one of those "Living Dex" obsessives that ways manages to get hold of everything, and he owes me from early on when I helped him finish his own Dex!

• Empathy 1

No, YOU spent all afternoon running up and down in Pokémon Sun after discovering that Alolan Ninetales eggs that hatch in Galar turn out to just be regular old fire type ponies...

I was disappointed, but at least now I have a stock of Icy Vulpix I can Surprise Trade away. 

I'm torn on the expansion pass. 

On tnr one hand, despite the criticism and general low aspirations from the titles, I enjoyed Sword and Shield quite a lot, sticking 120 hours in and going for a living Pokedex. It was basically... A Pokémon game. No revolution or anything mind-blowing, but for me the formula is enjoyable enough, with the same robust battle system coupled with interesting new Pokémon designs. 

But this DLC, even at the Shopto price of £20 isn't tempting me that much. Firstly I think the first half is going to be a much smaller component - I reckon about a 30/70 split between the one out tomorrow and the Crown Tundra. Secondly, it's almost all old Pokemon and if I wanted I could just import me almost-complete collecting from Pokémon Sun and breed missing ones (or catch any new forms). 

Finally, I have a feeling they'll skimp on the DLC like they skimped on the main titles. For me, that wasn't a massive problem as there was still enough meat there - 400 Pokémon, with about 130 new ones, with the world and story being a pleasant distraction. I feel like it's going to be even more slight this time around, especially in the DLC's first half. 

1 hour ago, Parksey said:

I'm torn on the expansion pass. 

On tnr one hand, despite the criticism and general low aspirations from the titles, I enjoyed Sword and Shield quite a lot, sticking 120 hours in and going for a living Pokedex. It was basically... A Pokémon game. No revolution or anything mind-blowing, but for me the formula is enjoyable enough, with the same robust battle system coupled with interesting new Pokémon designs. 

But this DLC, even at the Shopto price of £20 isn't tempting me that much. Firstly I think the first half is going to be a much smaller component - I reckon about a 30/70 split between the one out tomorrow and the Crown Tundra. Secondly, it's almost all old Pokemon and if I wanted I could just import me almost-complete collecting from Pokémon Sun and breed missing ones (or catch any new forms). 

Finally, I have a feeling they'll skimp on the DLC like they skimped on the main titles. For me, that wasn't a massive problem as there was still enough meat there - 400 Pokémon, with about 130 new ones, with the world and story being a pleasant distraction. I feel like it's going to be even more slight this time around, especially in the DLC's first half. 

See ...

I never really got the criticisms. There is more than enough game there, I genuinely don't understand why anyone thinks they have skimped on it. You still have 8 badges to get, you still have a final challenge, and you still have to deal with the bad guys and your rival along the way. It's just like all the other games in that respect, except this time they also added the Wild Area and Max Raids. The main reason that people think the games are getting shorter is that their own experience is speeding them through. (I still remember the first time I had a move Disabled, and wondering if that would be permanent since Paralysis and Poison carried through from battles.) I picked up Yellow at my sister's request, to help my nephew through Mt. Moon, and genuinely thought that Paras was the toughest Pokemon in the world.

How little I knew back then. Today, I could tear through Yellow inside a few hours if I wanted to. A new player to the franchise would be absolutely enthralled with the games if their first experience was SwooSh. Even as a veteran, I was amazed at my first sight of the Wild Area. And I'm happy enough to pay an extra £20 for more of the same. These latest titles are much more focused on multiplayer co-operation than any previous generation was, and as far as I'm concerned this is how Pokemon was always meant to be. I have previously described it as a fundamentally 2-player game, in which the single-player mode is just a training ground for the real game. 

On 04/06/2020 at 17:04, shirubagan said:

Full list of Pokémon returning with the DLC.

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/expansionreturning.shtml

That list is incomplete! Barely into the game, and I've already seen the following in the wild, none of which made that list:

Spoiler

Abra

Miltank

AAAARRGGGHH! OMFG LILLIGANT! :omg::omg::omg:

Can't wait to see what else turns up, but I have to go play the Fall Guys beta now.

This expansion seems pretty good so far. To be fair I'm only judging it based on how excited my son is by it all. 

1 hour ago, Stoppy2000 said:

This expansion seems pretty good so far. To be fair I'm only judging it based on how excited my son is by it all. 

I am reliably informed by my pair the expansion is awesome and certainly kept them busy this afternoon.

One suspects if you enjoyed the base game you will not be disappointed

The first decent Mystery Gift for a while, assuming the one million total is reached.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ryodi said:

The first decent Mystery Gift for a while, assuming the one million total is reached.

Is this available in a free tier of Pokémon Home?