rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

I’m really enjoying this, it’s great.

• Upvote 2

Amazing they put out a solid, good looking, story-driven, single player game, devoid of online, microtransactions, DLC, etc, much like we've enjoyed for the last thirty-odd years, based on the most popular ever sci-fi franchise, and...they're surprised people buy it. I can hear Jim Sterling now.

• Upvote 5

Took me a bit of time to get into this but now I’ve unlocked a few skills it’s growing on me.

Got some frustrations with the lack of fast travel back to the Mantis, although I appreciate there’s a design decision there to encourage exploration and set-up a few story beats.

I suck at parrying, even on normal, but never played a Souls-type game, so not overly frustrated by it, just wish I had better reaction speeds!

Overall, generally plays well, looks nice and sounds amazing. Certainly the most fun I’ve had with a Star Wars game since the Lego games back on the 360.

• Upvote 1

I know it's just a game and you could do whatever without reason and that's fine, but I think there are better, more fitting options than fast travel. You could have more Mantis pick-up points dotted around the map. I can think of at least one actual landing pad area on the Zeffo map and the Mantis doesn't even have to land to pick him up.

I also sucked at parrying in this. I think it's a lack of obvious cues when you pull it off. It makes you realise why Sekiro has huge sparks and clangs and Dark Souls has a loud thud.

• Upvote 1

I started playing this this week and really enjoying it - much more than I expected to, to the extent that I'm tempted to take an day/afternoon off work to put in a few hours interrupted (tend to only be able to grab an hour or so of an evening due to kids).

Never played a Souls game and still tend to get a bit overexcited and rush into enemies bashing X, but trying to be a bit more measured and use parry, dodge etc.  Expect I need to learn this stuff now if I don't want to have to drop it down to Story mode at some point!

• Upvote 1

Some of the dialogue in this is brilliant - love listening to the Stormtroopers chatting. There was a bit earlier where I overheard them talking about an impending attack, and one said to the other something like “well at least we have the high ground” :)

• Upvote 1

Don't think I've seen this posted...

Kotaku reported over the last few days on EA revealing they have cancelled a Battlefront spin-off. However a footnote to that report is that they have also confirmed Respawn are beavering away on Fallen Order 2 officially. 

I mean we all knew it was coming, but still nice to confirm it :D 

https://kotaku.com/sources-ea-canceled-a-star-wars-battlefront-spinoff-l-1841840704

• Upvote 2

For context - Battlefront 2 is now making very decent money. There's not point in making a costly spin off, they can keep the game updated and double, triplet through and on and on.

So cancelling the spin off and focussing on a new single player title works - it allows them to further lock in the EA with the Star Wars brand.

In the end it's all money, and they've realised that on the whole making decent games helps that.

Just defeated 

Spoiler

the ninth sister, although suspect she’s not actually dead. 

What a great fight! Took me a few goes but was properly tense when I finally managed it, and so  satisfying. 

How far through the game am I now? I can’t find anywhere that tells me how long I’ve been playing - have I missed it somehow? 

Finished this now - what a game! What an ending!

Spoiler

I knew nothing about Vader being in this so that was a great moment when the breathing started and he turned up. 

Really enjoyed that, nailed the Star Wars feel brilliantly. 

Can’t wait for the sequel!

• Upvote 9