IGNORED

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Ivanho

I don't know what they were thinking with some of the sequences here. They clearly want them to be cinematic. But then they make me lined things up in 3d space myself, so I have to do them 5 times which kills the magic. Just make them proper on rail QTEs with things being a bit cooler / better if you do them right. 

I’ve reached the eye of the storm, and can’t progress as I’ve apparently missed the area where I learn force push. I also can’t go back, so I’m ‘stuck’. 

I was quite enjoying the game until this point, now I’m just annoyed with it. 

7 hours ago, AlexM said:

I’ve reached the eye of the storm, and can’t progress as I’ve apparently missed the area where I learn force push. I also can’t go back, so I’m ‘stuck’. 

I was quite enjoying the game until this point, now I’m just annoyed with it. 

I thought you got this pretty much following the story? You need it to escape the tomb on Zeffo I think?

Well blow me, I’ve reloaded the game and it let me force slow the storm and run through.

I tried everything yesterday trying to get through here, and searching led me to believe I’d missed out on force push. 

I finished this today. I enjoyed it. It was really good fun. BB-1 hacking droids was the best mechanic in this. The combat was decent but the tutorial aspect of that could have been more comprehensive. 

Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Star Wars... it was better than I expected. I even enjoyed most of the cut scenes.

Highlight for me was 

Spoiler

Stealing an AT-AT and blowing stuff up.

I felt a bit bad slaughtering all those dog things that looked like maggots though. I thought Jedi were nature lovers :hmm:

My boy got me (or rather my wife got him it to give me) the limited edition version of the "Art of Jedi: Fallen Order" book for my birthday and it really is excellent. I've got quite a few concept art books for various games and films and this one is right up there. The one I got is the same as below but I believe the actual content of the book is the same as the standard edition which is much cheaper. 

Great compliment to my concept art book for The Mandalorian.

81IsbOP03HL.jpg

I can’t believe it: next-gen patch released by EA:

Respawn Entertainment hat ein Update zur Next-Gen-Optimierung von Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4, Xbox One) veröffentlicht.

Das Update verbessert die Abwärtskompatibilität auf PS5 und Xbox Series. Die Patch Notes im Überblick:

Allgemeine Features-Übersicht:

- Verbesserte Framerate auf Xbox Series X|S und PlayStation 5

- Verbesserte dynamische Auflösungsbereiche für eine höhere Auflösung auf Xbox Series X|S und PlayStation 5

- Verbesserte Post-Processing-Auflösung für Xbox Series X und PS5. (Nicht Xbox Series S)

Xbox Series S

- Framerate wurde von 45 FPS auf 60 FPS erhöht

Xbox Series X - Leistungsmodus

- Framerate wurde auf 60 FPS erhöht

- Dynamische Auflösung im Bereich 1.080p bis 1.440p hinzugefügt

Xbox Series X - Normalmodus (Nicht-Leistungsmodus)

- Post-Processing wurde auf 4K erhöht

- Dynamische Auflösung im Bereich 1.512p bis 2.160p

PlayStation 5

- Framerate wurde von 45 FPS auf 60 FPS erhöht

- Post-Processing auf 1.440p erhöht

- Dynamische Auflösung wurde deaktiviert, und das Spiel rendert mit 1.200p (bisher 810-1.080p)

Glad I barely played it yet. 

Ooh is it out now? Great stuff, been waiting for this, I'll be installing this evening.

Bit surprised the Series S can't get a solid 60fps though, other EA games like Battlefield 5 can.

Edit - it's consistent 60fps, apparently my D in German in 2002 hasn't paid off.

In English:

Some of you may have noticed a new title update being downloaded for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™. Below you will find the release notes for this update, which improves backwards compatibility performance specifically on the latest generation of consoles.

High Level Summary of Features:

Improved framerate on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5

Improved dynamic resolution ranges, for a higher resolution experience on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5

Improved post-processing resolution for Xbox Series X and PS5. (Not Xbox Series S)

Console Specifics:

Xbox Series S

Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)

Xbox Series X Performance mode

Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS

Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p

Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode)

Postprocessing has been increased to 4K

Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p

PlayStation 5

Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)

Postprocessing increased to 1440p

Dynamic resolution has been disabled and the game is rendering at 1200p (up from 810-1080p)

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order/news/next-gen-optimization-update

3 hours ago, Timmo said:

Ooh is it out now? Great stuff, been waiting for this, I'll be installing this evening.

Bit surprised the Series S can't get a solid 60fps though, other EA games like Battlefield 5 can.

Edit - it's consistent 60fps, apparently my D in German in 2002 hasn't paid off.

And it looks excellent! Annoyingly I finished the game just before Christmas - still, gives me a reason to go back and sniff out the final secrets and chests! (And play a bit more of the meditation challenges)

I have attempted this several times since it launched and just could not get into it... 1 update later found myself hooked and just arrived... 

Spoiler

... At the jedi temple. 

From finding it tedious for well over a year to being on my way to completeing it in the space of a few days there, quite the turnaround. 

Tempted to get PSNOW for a month to play the 2 games with that guy that was Doomsday in smallville.

Edit... Should have just said the guy in Days Gone. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

I downloaded this on Game Pass and I’m trying to like it, but it’s really boring. Does it get better after the first grassy area where you’re heading toward the tower?

Yeah, there's definitely some pretty cool areas after this one, although there's one or two other ones which are average at best. 

I did enjoy the game as a whole, although I can't shake off the feeling that the opening level of the game had the majority of the budget spent on it, and then they had to search behind the sofa cushions to find enough to make the rest of the game. There's so many cool little details going on in that opening stage that it really felt like a wonderful new animation. The rest of it kind of fell a little off that in terms of production values I thought.

Also, I really really wish they'd never put wookies into a game ever again until they sort out a way to get proper hair on them. They look shit always, and do fuck all for anybody. Considering how sodding strong they're supposed to be, they're constantly getting caught, sold for slavery and they're just fucking useless at everything. 

Oh, another thing that was clearly supposed to be something but just is...erm...nothing is the whole issue of the lightsabre customisation. There's bloody loads of stuff you can faff about with on this, with literally no use to it whatsoever. It must have been a gameplay design originally and then scrapped, surely?

I had to delete it, it looked lovely but I didn't realize I'd be restarting jumping from rope to sliding ice to jumping gaps and other nonsense that the camera made impossible at times. Thought it would be a rpg. 

Star Wars games have a terrible batting average. 

10 hours ago, JoeK said:

Oh, another thing that was clearly supposed to be something but just is...erm...nothing is the whole issue of the lightsabre customisation. There's bloody loads of stuff you can faff about with on this, with literally no use to it whatsoever. It must have been a gameplay design originally and then scrapped, surely?

I figured it was just fan service. It's not like cosmetics aren't a big part of modern gaming.

11 hours ago, shirubagan said:

I downloaded this on Game Pass and I’m trying to like it, but it’s really boring. Does it get better after the first grassy area where you’re heading toward the tower?

I quit the game for a couple of months at that bit. When I came back and got past it I enjoyed it a lot more. It's the worst area in the game. 

I completed it last night, and agree with @JoeKthat nothing in the game lives up to the intro. Overall though it was pretty solid 7/10.