IGNORED

What’s the worst film you have ever seen?

Floshenbarnical

Ok, so I haven’t ever seen Freddie Got Fingered, and it’s on prime so I watched it this morning. There were a few bits that were incredibly funny, some bits that were genuinely horrible, and a lot of stuff that was just confusing. Having watched that RLM video afterwards (which was incredibly funny), I kind of want to watch it again? It definitely wasn’t boring.

Backwards man, Daddy would you like some sausages and the legendary Chicken Sandwich scene cement it as comedy gold for me. It's Rip Torn's absurd overreactions to everything that makes it funny as fuck!

Mike Fitzgibbons son is a nuclear physicist and

My son can eat a CHICKENEURGGHGHGHGHG slays me everytime

The joke where he took getting inside the animals literally didn’t work for me, but him delivering the same joke the second time, then her reaction, then him with the strings tied to his fingers and Rip Torn screaming about it were so amazing.

Ill just go on going the cinema because everyones watche loads of terrible shite on TV

The Informant(had to look the name up) Matt Damon was in it but it was just really boring, set in offices with beige computers about companies financial irregularities or some shit, cant remember but i absolutely  hated it

18 hours ago, Down by Law said:

Backwards man, Daddy would you like some sausages and the legendary Chicken Sandwich scene cement it as comedy gold for me. It's Rip Torn's absurd overreactions to everything that makes it funny as fuck!

Mike Fitzgibbons son is a nuclear physicist and

My son can eat a CHICKENEURGGHGHGHGHG slays me everytime

I remember seeing this when it first came out and thought it was the worst film ever. Just watched that clip, and have absolutely no idea where the comedy is. Shows how we all have different tastes/ideas of comedy.

It's an almost impossible question. I've had to turn horror movies off 10 minutes in because I've realised it's some cash grab with no production value, boring static shots and bad audio.

That's not gonna be up there in my worst movies though. M. Knight's Avatar movie was so, so bad. I watched it as homework for an episode of the "how did this get made" podcast" and it took about 4 sittings. So unbelievably boring. The poor kids that went to see that movie...

10 hours ago, JamesTW said:

Ill just go on going the cinema because everyones watche loads of terrible shite on TV

The Informant(had to look the name up) Matt Damon was in it but it was just really boring, set in offices with beige computers about companies financial irregularities or some shit, cant remember but i absolutely  hated it

I liked that one. Sounds like you were expecting a spy action thriller with a title like that.

PS I Love You.

I was dragged to see this by an ex. To this day, it is the only time I’ve ever walked out of a cinema in my life! Utter, utter garbage. Even the ex thought it was poor (yes, she did stay till the end).

Thankfully, my Wife is more of a Marvel girl.

On 24/03/2019 at 08:48, Plissken said:

Given that you can't have a consensus on what makes a bad movie, and I tend to give leeway to heroic failure over talented people being incompetent, then my worst movies are those that either bore me senseless or actively inspire rage.  Crystal Skull is just an absolute bore from start to finish.  But the one film that I actively hate, hate, hate stars John Cusack, Cate Blanchett, Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina Jolie.  It's directed by Mike Newall.

It's called Pushing Tin.

Cusack is the star and his character is an absolute Grade A cunt. The kind of jock type that Cusack was playing against in the 80s.  A man whose frailty of ego - as the star air traffic controller - is so threatened by Billy Bob Thornton that he ends up cheating on his own wife with Thorntons wife.  And we're supposed to be cheering this arsehole on?  It can't decide whether it is a comedy or a drama or just a movie populated by hateful egotistical twats that you just hope that get sucked into jet engines.

Kicks over his harley too after he cuts him up on the motorway <_<

8 hours ago, SpookyMulder said:

PS I Love You.

I was dragged to see this by an ex. To this day, it is the only time I’ve ever walked out of a cinema in my life! Utter, utter garbage. Even the ex thought it was poor (yes, she did stay till the end).

Thankfully, my Wife is more of a Marvel girl.

I remember this. It has mush-face Gerard Butler doing the worst Irish accent I have ever heard on film. Worse than Brad Pitt in Patriot Games. Worse than Tom Cruise in Far and Away.

He's a Scot who seems to think Irish people actually talk like leprachauns.

Not too sure the worst film I have ever seen, as I have watched all sorts of low budget slashers and TV movie crap, but I can tell you the worst I have seen in the cinema. That honour goes to Sex Tape with Cameron Diaz and Jeremy Segal. Hands down one of the worst comedies I have ever seen, with a cast who should have known better and some of the most blatent product placement I have ever witnessed from Apple. Absolutely shite in every respect and one of the few films I ALMOST got up and left before the end (still haven't left mid film but that was bloody close!). 

17 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

Not too sure the worst film I have ever seen, as I have watched all sorts of low budget slashes and TV movie crap, but I can tell you the worst I have seen in the cinema. That honour goes to Sex Tape with Cameron Diaz and Jeremy Segal. Hands down one of the worst comedies I have ever seen, with a cast who should have known better and some of the most blatent product placement I have ever witnessed from Apple. Absolutely shite in every respect and one of the few films I ALMOST got up and left before the end (still haven't left mid film but that was bloody close!). 

I enjoyed sex tape 

I know I’ve had a go but I remembered something awful - The Accountant. 

Ben affleck as an autistic/savant forensic accountant and hitman. I lasted about 40 minutes before switching it off. Offensively awful in every respect. 

On 25/05/2019 at 07:29, Festoon said:

100% 

It's just a disjointed mess, isn't it? And the shiny effects just don't work.

And, basically, nothing of consequence happens in the entire film.

Rubbish.

I saw some of this on tv - I genuinely thought it was some new show by the Teletubbies creators the effects were so bad.

I've seen a lot of terrible movies, it would be too easy to list them.

However, one movie that seemed that be well regarded turned out to be be pretty terrible. I watched it with several friends after one of them told us watch it (who loved it). We were all bored to tears and it's kinda a meme within our friend group now.

That movie is... Drive.

7 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

I've seen a lot of terrible movies, it would be too easy to list them.

However, one movie that seemed that be well regarded turned out to be be pretty terrible. I watched it with several friends after one of them told us watch it (who loved it). We were all bored to tears and it's kinda a meme within our friend group now.

That movie is... Drive.

Great call. Nicolas windup refn is an absolute tool. I had to transcribe an interview with him for a friend and he just sounds like an absolute idiot and drive is an awful movie.

And at the risk of inviting a further torrent of negs, I watched aquaman and it sits pretty comfortably at the top of my shit movie pile. Everything from the dad's hair to the lame attempt to leven the sententiousness with bolted on jokes was just awful, awful stuff. 

It's like 22 marvel movies and a century of cinema history never existed.

In terms of an awful cinema experience, one of my uni housemates definitely provided that for the other..

I'd gone home for a weekend and one had his girlfriend coming up to see him from London.

He'd not seen her in weeks and so asked for the other housemate to make himself scarce for the evening..

He gave him a fiver and asked him to go to the cinema and watch a couple of films (but then asked for the money back before he left as they wanted to order a pizza!)

So my housemate trudges off into a rainy Middlesbrough evening.. only to find that the only two films playing are SpiceWorld.. and Flubber.. and had to pay to see both.. alone..from his own pocket..

Amazingly they're still friends, but it's become a thing that the sufferer can always play the 'SpiceWorld and Flubber' card essentially any time he needs a favour.. :D