rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
strider

London Gaming Market

Is anyone going to this on the 17th?

I've got a table there and will be selling around 200 of my games as I need to clear some space. I'll be up there with @nakamura and @Sketchwho has a table next to me, so feel free to stop by and say hello (and buy all my games).

I'm going! I'm trying to knock the game collecting on the head a bit, so not sure what I'll actually buy, although I was very tempted by a Deadpan Robot modded Gameboy last time I went...

4 minutes ago, strider said:

£90.

Ok that's not bad, good luck at the weekend.

Do you price everything up or just chuck it in a box and take it down to haggle on the day?

Report back on how you got on & if successful I may be tempted on the next show.

2 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Ok that's not bad, good luck at the weekend.

Do you price everything up or just chuck it in a box and take it down to haggle on the day?

Report back on how you got on & if successful I may be tempted on the next show.

I've priced everything up below CEX and ebay prices and am prepared to haggle.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, strider said:

Thanks for the reply, good luck with your sale.

31 minutes ago, strider said:

Do you have a list?

14 minutes ago, Goemon said:

Do you have a list?

Nooooooo maybe I should have.

I've got a small selection of Japanese Mega Drive games

Pal and Japanese saturn games

Lots of DS games

A fair few GBA games

Gamecube game

Loads of Xbox games

PS Vita games

A few US super nintendo games

PSP games

Ps2 games

Mainly a little bit of everything.

Switch games

Wii games and so on

19 hours ago, strider said:

Nooooooo maybe I should have.

I've got a small selection of Japanese Mega Drive games

Pal and Japanese saturn games

Lots of DS games

A fair few GBA games

Gamecube game

Loads of Xbox games

PS Vita games

A few US super nintendo games

PSP games

Ps2 games

Mainly a little bit of everything.

Switch games

Wii games and so on

Are the DS games US region? I seem to recall you going out of your way in buying them because the boxes are nicer than the fat European ones.

46 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Are the DS games US region? I seem to recall you going out of your way in buying them because the boxes are nicer than the fat European ones.

Yes, but they are region free so I'll be reminding people of that.

I didi have two tables booked for this, but due to some health issues last weekend I have had to pass them off, if it's anything like the Doncaster show, it will be good, you WILL be hassled by all the other traders before it opens to the public, my only advice is to refuse any and all haggling for things, everyone there selling is obviously there to sell, if they want something fro you, they already think they can make extra cash out of it.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

I didi have two tables booked for this, but due to some health issues last weekend I have had to pass them off, if it's anything like the Doncaster show, it will be good, you WILL be hassled by all the other traders before it opens to the public, my only advice is to refuse any and all haggling for things, everyone there selling is obviously there to sell, if they want something fro you, they already think they can make extra cash out of it.

I thought that might be the case. Will wait and see what happens.

11 minutes ago, strider said:

I thought that might be the case. Will wait and see what happens.

One of the people at Doncaster a fortnight ago was steadfastly saying "NO" to haggling before the actual customers came in, and she still sold a shit ton of stuff to other traders, it is vulture like early doors, I was selling at Donny and between stuff for other shows and for myself, managed to get through just under £500, it's a shame I'm unable to make it, as from what I have heard, LGM is the best one of the bunch that Andy runs for takings, and after my worst take at Donny in the 4 years I have been going, I was looking forward to the cash.

Other things to do would be to keep anything overly valuable further back the table, things have walked in the past, my second year someone had away with Metal gear on the NES ( boxed ) and R-Type II on the GB ( Also boxed ) so that's around £185 I wouldn't see again, and those are just the ones I know about, always helpful if you have someone there to help you out, extra eyes and to cover if you need the loo, worth taking a pack lunch also :)

In addition to Air Traffic Controller for £3.50 I ended up getting a boxed copy of Mario Golf on the Gameboy Colour in excellent condition for £10; Hakuna Matata for the Korean PS3 for £6 and Matt Hoffman’s Pro BMX for the US Dreamcast for £5. Pretty happy with that.

I should also add that most of the people there selling stuff are traders. You’ll end up paying eBay prices but at least get to view the condition in person before hand. There were a handful of people selling off their collections and this is generally where stuff is priced more reasonably and you’re more likely to get a bargain (I bought Mario Golf from a girl who was there with her Mum selling off her stuff. She had a lot of great games at reasonable prices). Also, there was a disappointing amount of imports, and there were loads of PAL PS2 games. Not sure if I could recommend going out of your way to visit as it was absolutely rammed. Worth popping in if you happen to be passing.

• Upvote 1

I had fun and managed to get some nice Persona stuff from Strider. I also picked up a lovely modded neo geo stick for £50 which was a steal. I couldn’t believe it had sat there for an hour before I got to it!

As has already been said, some prices are quite high and it’s 95% traders. I was disappointed by the lack of anything ‘rare’ such as neo geo or limited editions but overall it had a good spread

image.jpg

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

That was pretty horrible. It was rammed. Thanks for selling Air Traffic Controller on the DS to me @strider

You are welcome. I had great fun and got rid of virtually everything.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, erhgiez said:

I had fun and managed to get some nice Persona stuff from Strider. I also picked up a lovely modded neo geo stick for £50 which was a steal. I couldn’t believe it had sat there for an hour before I got to it!

As has already been said, some prices are quite high and it’s 95% traders. I was disappointed by the lack of anything ‘rare’ such as neo geo or limited editions but overall it had a good spread

image.jpg

If I had actually made it, I had a small stack of Neo Pocket boxed carts to take along, the first year I sold there ( 2016 ) I let an AES with 3 boxed games go for £360, it was early in the day and I was in a good mood ( also half pissed through drinkin whisky to numb toothache pain ) in 4 years of going there no, I have NEVER seen another AES console at the Donny market.

Glad you nabbed that arcade stick, would have been on my list of things also, it's amazing what gets left till the end of the day, I had a boxed Woody VCS at Doncaster, priced at £70, it sold at around 3pm, the chap buying it couldn't believe it had been there all day and was so pleased to have found it in nice condition and at a good price, think I paid 45 or 50 for it, so was more than happy with a £20 profit, a lot of the traders there do it full time, myself and my mate Karl ( ScaddingK who was there today ) only do Doncaster and occasionally London, so we're more there to shift rarer stuff at prices where they willgo, always happy to haggle as there isn't another show now till next March and taking less stuff home to sit in boxes for a year is a ball ache, but yeah, there is a LOT of traders, still think it was better when @Cauterize was running that one, had a much less corporate vibe to it.

• Upvote 1

I didn't actually manage to get to this till nearly 3pm, so no doubt the good stuff would've long gone by then. I did get myself a PAL/NTSC modded PSone though, JPN copies of Tekken 3 and Rage Racer (to be honest, I just wanted a couple of Japanese NTSC discs to prove it did what it said it did) and a PS1/PS2 HDMI cable, which actually works beautifully! Overall I was pretty happy.

• Upvote 1

I didn't have much time to visit the other stalls as it was so busy but I was able to offload my last two trays of stock.

I swapped a bunch of import Saturn and Mega Drive games for £170 worth of Saturn stuff, including Astal, Vampire Savior, Marvel Super Heroes, Die Hard Trilogy and Gale Racer and got £40 for the rest. I'd be advised to dump it on a trader and it turned out to be good advice. The big surprises for me on the day was how well my Vita stuff was being received and how much original Xbox stuff was shifting. I heard a few traders moaning about me undercutting their prices, but I was just there to sell my unloved games and it worked out quite well for me.

Some of the prices were quite high, which I wasn't expecting, which probably explains why their displays remained exactly the same six hours later.

It was way too hot in there, though. Started to feel quite faint around the 1pm mark.

Overall though it was great fun and I got a few nice Saturn imports I'd been after.

• Upvote 2

On 17/03/2019 at 16:32, gossi the dog said:

there was a disappointing amount of imports

I had a few PS1 and PS2 imports, but they sold in the first hour (including the complete Princess Maker series). Also an American Steel Battalion which sold fast, and a boxed complete NTSC-U GameCube which I sold for £15  in the end.

Plus tons of import mags from America and copies of Arcadia and Famitsu, though no one seemed interested, even after dropping the Famitsu prices to £3 each.

Was a bit surprised no one wanted vintage game mags, even at low prices. Oh well, perhaps CVG and N64 mag will fare better on eBay.

On 18/03/2019 at 10:50, strider said:

It was way too hot in there, though. Started to feel quite faint around the 1pm mark.

I thought the light-headedness was the combination of us getting up at 4.30am and then chugging red bull all morning.

Generally, the prices were crazy high. I wanted a NES zapper, which can be bought for £7 off eBay. Multiple different sellers were all asking £15. Why? Seriously, I'd like an answer, why would anyone buy something for double the going eBay price? If it's faulty you can get refunds on eBay. Admittedly one said he'd go down to £10, but meh.

That's why @strider and I both made a point of checking eBay, CEX, and Amazon, and marking everything at below (or at) previously sold for prices.

• Upvote 4