Unlucky Robo1 - Bethesda saves E3! - Another Skyrim port you say?

image.png

Bethesda’s show takes place on Sunday, June 9. Though the event’s venue has yet to be revealed, the show will be streamed live beginning 5:30pm PT, 8:30pm ET, 1:30am UK (June 10).

Doom Eternal, due out later this year, will be the show’s main focus. Bethesda is promising an “in-depth look” at the sequel to the 2016 reboot, as well as more announcements.

@Robo_1 You have at least 1 E3 thread to create.

24 minutes ago, gospvg said:

@Robo_1 You have at least 1 E3 thread to create.

I'm sure I'll be able to find an hour to put that together. :)

I've been worked off my arse recently, so haven't read too much about the various E3 plans (or rather, non-plans) of the big hitters. As I understand it, MS, Bathesda and Ubisoft will be there as usual, Nintendo will be exhibiting and putting another Direct together, whilst Sony and EA are skipping it. Is that right?

At the very least we'll want somewhere to gather and have a natter about the announcements. Last year I set up a thread in A&F to see who wanted to contribute and I thought that worked well. A bit closer to the time when everyone has announced their plans, I'll probably set up a similar thing, although as E3 changes, it's probably best to see if we can improve how we cover it.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Please show something from Arkane Studios.

Yes! And anything by Arkane. Basically I want Doom by id, something by MachineGames, and anything by Arkane plz. Zero interest in whatever Bethesda themselves are making :lol:

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yes! And anything by Arkane. Basically I want Doom by id, something by MachineGames, and anything by Arkane plz. Zero interest in whatever Bethesda themselves are making :lol:

Agreed. We'll get the first two and hopefully something from Arkane as well.

I seriously doubt we'll see Elder Scrolls 6 again anytime soon now. They've Starfield to come (which may still be early to middle of development) and then a full cycle of development to complete on an Elder Scrolls title (which is presumably in early pre-production).

I think last year they deviated from their usual reveal product within 12 months of release because they were anticipating there would be riots if we heard nothing on a new Elder Scrolls for another 6 or 7 years. So they officially confirmed the long rumoured Starfield and chucked in a bonus "of course there is a big Scrolls game to come too after that" (especially with the potential backlash on a mobile title in the series being announced)

I tell myself this so that I don't get hyped each E3 for the next 4 years like I did for Fallout 4 "THIS year..  this year they will surely reveal it..". To be honest unless Starfield is due to release towards the end of this year (which I'd guess is unlikely) I don't think they'll even show that.

23 hours ago, Stanley said:

A proper reveal for Skyrim 2, surely.

Looking at their recent performance, it would not be surprising if it was DOOM DOOM DOOM (not such a bad thing IMO!) followed by a quickly cobbled together Elder Scrolls "peek" in an attempt to make people forget about Fallout 76.

Starfield targets Next Gen, so without actual hardware to run it, seems way too early to revisit that game and Elder Scrolls is done by BGS too, so that is unlikely to be more than a small sub-team shooting the shit while the bulk of effort goes on Starfield.