IGNORED

Sekiro Official PC Specs.

rafaqat

12 minutes ago, Stanley said:

How do the recommended specs compare to the Pro or X?

GPU is about the same as the PS4 Pro, CPU is way ahead of either console but that's going to be due to even old i5's being a lot more powerful than a bunch of Jaguar cores.

I'd really like to see some preliminary One X Digital Foundary type work very soon, just frame rate is all I really need to know as minor graphical details are usually lost on me.

I am currently quite close to cancelling the Xbox pre-order and going back to PC for resolution and frames rather than just (maybe) frame rate.

15 minutes ago, Stanley said:

So the CPU is the thing on consoles that'll likely throttle the frame rate?

Yes, I believe this is why the differences between the One X and Pro are generally small, despite the former having a stronger GPU. They have a similar CPU. This is where next-gen will make the biggest leap for consoles.

23 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Yes, I believe this is why the differences between the One X and Pro are generally small, despite the former having a stronger GPU. They have a similar CPU. This is where next-gen will make the biggest leap for consoles.

Checkerboard 1440p vs Native 4k and high res textures is hardly a 'generally small' difference.

Just now, Revival said:

Checkerboard 1440p vs Native 4k is hardly a 'generally small' difference.

Fair enough, I was talking more about framerates, which seems to be hampered the most by the CPUs. But yeah, you gain generally higher resolutions.

34 minutes ago, Pockets said:

These spec guides are next to useless I find. They really need to give more details like what you need for 60fps at various resolutions maxed out or with medium settings etc. 

Saying 2500k and 970 means nothing. What do you get for that? 30fps at 1080 or 60 at 4K? What level of detail etc? 

I presume nerdy pc sites will have benchmarks out after embargo ends. 

1 hour ago, Black Cat Supremacist said:

Are console versions locked to 30fps?

Unlocked framerate on Pro with Xbox One X; with reports of 45 (ish) FPS on Pro.  Don't think anyone knows for sure about the base consoles.

3 hours ago, Mike S said:

I'd really like to see some preliminary One X Digital Foundary type work very soon, just frame rate is all I really need to know as minor graphical details are usually lost on me.

I am currently quite close to cancelling the Xbox pre-order and going back to PC for resolution and frames rather than just (maybe) frame rate.

The performance profile seems very similiar to other FromSoft games, so if they couldn't hit 60fps, this has no chance. The only one which has done was a last gen port.

10 minutes ago, mushashi said:

The performance profile seems very similiar to other FromSoft games, so if they couldn't hit 60fps, this has no chance. The only one which has done was a last gen port.

They haven't made an X enhanced title before though.

34 minutes ago, mushashi said:

Where are you seeing One X performance profiles?

1 hour ago, Wizcat said:

This uses the same engine as Dark Souls 3...is that right? And if so, should be fair to assume if my pc managed to run that well, then this should be fine too? 

I believe so.  Performance may be a tad worse than DS3, but it'll generally be fine I'd imagine!

22 hours ago, Stanley said:

They haven't made an X enhanced title before though.

Other multiplatform games with a 60fps mode on both consoles don't show some vast gulf in performance profiles between the none-amateur class machines, why do you think this will be any different?