rllmuk
mechamonkey

Borderlands 3

4 hours ago, skittles said:

Oh nice. Just did that. Excellent stuff!. 

Up to level 18 now and my main 3 weapons are ranked around 280.

Is it worth keeping /storing legendary guns? A few of mine seem a bit under powered now at around level 230.

I think i mailed you a nice gun for when you get to level 20. If you don't need good stuff mall it to your mates! :D

• Upvote 1

The mantling in this is fucking garbage. There's a bit early on on Promethea where to get a Bandit Technical for Ellie you have to do some shitty platforming. There's a tiny ledge you have to jump to from a crate. The problem is the mantling only works on the up arc of a jump and even if you do make it you often fall off the other side. Unless I'm missing something obvious and you don't have to jump on the 6 inch wide ledge.

Edit: fucking cheesed it. Sigh.

• Upvote 1

I've gone Brawl Amara  I'm currently doing +240% melee damage, I regen health at insane speeds and can two punch non-shielded enemies. Level 23 after hammering it this weekend and have an all legendary loadout bar one weapon.

Game.is genuinely immense, of course if you're not a fan of Borderlands you probably wont get on with it but there are so.many QOL improvements, movement and gunplay is vastly improved.

All.the reviews slating the humour, well, its just typical Blands humour. Puerile, stupid, idiotic throughout. I've enjoyed the writing and voice acting pretty much all the way through.

The protagonists aren't on a Handsome Jack level, he was an incredible character, but they're interesting enough.

Moving it away from Pandora was much needed as there's such a variety of locales and enemies now.

Sure Randy is a cunt and Gearbox isnt the best game dev, but fuck me they've made the game that is perfect for my tastes.

Borderlands 2 holds a very dear place in my heart for reasons I've never divulged on here (or anywhere publicly) and it's more than just a loot shooter brainless piece of entertainment for me. To finally get the sequel and for it to eclipse that and make me smile the entire weekend, well fuck damn I'm a happy lad.

• Upvote 5

Anyone else having a bug with Moze the gunner where you trigger her mech, it sorta starts to summon for a second, then you’re just dumped back on the ground and your cooldown is totally reset?

Really annoying and I’ve had it happen about 10 times in about 4-5 hours of play.

Ok this is my last negative whinge on this game and then I'm taking it back tomorrow to get my money back and I'll stay out of this thread (probably).

This doesn't feel like it has kept up at all with the change in FPS/Looter Shooters. I've played Destiny, Division 2 and a few others but this just isn't too much fun.

• Every single enemy is a bullet sponge in the sense that even a sniper rifle doesn't kill them with one shot - even the electricity ones.
  • Every area I seem to go to every enemy is two levels above my level so I never feel like over powered or like I'm getting anywhere. I'd be as well not levelling and them not levelling and the game just continuing because really there is no difference if everyone you end up against is two levels higher.
  • PSPro user and the menus are sluggish and hellish.
  • 16 slots to store stuff means you spend half your game dropping stuff in your inventory when you find stuff that is worth more. Yes I've bought two upgrades for my storage but that allowed me to have a whopping 22 slots!
  • Not as many places to sell your stuff as previous games so you are constantly heading back to sell loot
  • The AOE attacks by enemies smash your health in seconds
  • So easy to get caught on the environment
  • The humour. Holy fuck the "humour" is stupidly juvenile but not funny in the slightest. The first two games were silly but this is downright puerile and pathetic. The writing team should be ashamed to put their name to it and the voice acting is lacking.

I've had some fun battles with it but I never feel like I'm getting anywhere.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, carlospie said:

How will you get a refund? 

Australian Law states if you are not satisfied with a purchase you can return it within 14 days :)

• Upvote 1

It's good this, really good. Classic Borderlands, meaning the gunplay is pretty satisfying and the humour is basically awful. Claptrap is, for me, the antagonist of the game, and the idea of him being around for the entirety makes me shudder to my very core. 

They need to get a patch out, though. It's stuttering pretty constantly for me playing with 4 mates on an Xbox One X. It's only little stutters but when you're playing as a Sniper-y class it kinda totally spoils the experience. It seems mad to me we've had two high profile releases in a week that just haven't been fit for purpose. 

• Upvote 1

On 15/09/2019 at 19:15, Muz said:

I think i mailed you a nice gun for when you get to level 20. If you don't need good stuff mall it to your mates! :D

Thanks for my email git Muz, got a little way to go before Level 25 though!

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah the orange grenade you get from the deluxe editions of the game had that perk. Just shitting cash, it's brilliant.

Yeah its great eh! Made 3000 bucks on one tiny little side quest, just kiting the melee raiders into a huddle and then lobbing a grenade at them.

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah the orange grenade you get from the deluxe editions of the game had that perk. Just shitting cash, it's brilliant.

What?! 

I binned then without realising I guess. I had 2 skills on instead. 

4 minutes ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

The map is getting on my tits. I just spent 15 mins trying to find an area on the ship. 

Took me that amount of time to find Ellie.

The ship is such a shitty laid out area.

5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

You know the items you get in delux edition. If i make another character would it be best for me to open them at like level 20 so theyre much stronger or does it not work like that? 

23 minutes ago, Baring said:

You know the items you get in delux edition. If i make another character would it be best for me to open them at like level 20 so theyre much stronger or does it not work like that? 

Do you think you get them every character?

Also, come level 20 mate there'll be tons of loot you prob won't even miss them.

2 hours ago, Baring said:

So it does...

913BEBB3-C9EC-4387-B7B5-9F4309AEA848.jpeg

Played yesterday 4 player online - experienced some slow downs especially on the in-game menus running like treacle. I'm on PS4 Pro.